Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Maddie19
Curious July 2020 Alberta

Special Wedding Date

Maddie19, on September 18, 2019 at 12:17 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 23

Our wedding date is July 10, 2020. We said I love you on July 10, 2017! Does anyone else have a wedding date that has sentimental meaning to them? Smiley ring

23 Comments

Latest activity by Chere-Lee, on September 24, 2019 at 08:36
  • Chere-Lee
    Frequent user October 2020 Ontario
    Chere-Lee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our wedding date is October 3, 2020. This would have been my Mom's 62nd birthday. Unfortunately we lost her to pancreatic cancer 12 years ago, when she was 48. We chose the date based on her birthday and waited until it fell on a Saturday. Where this day has made us sad, we will now celebrate, our marriage and her life. We also chose the colour burgundy, which was one of her favourite colours.

• Courtney
    Beginner October 2020 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our wedding date is my FH's parents' wedding anniversary. It's very special to them, and to my FH which makes it special to me too!

• Rebecca
    Curious November 2020 Bahamas
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I originally was going to get married on my parents 30th wedding anniversary which is 07.07.2020. But after we got engaged and started planning, it just didn't work out with the type of destination wedding we wanted.

• R
    Devoted November 2019 Quebec
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding is November 9th 2019 our 10 year anniversary of dating.
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will be getting married on our dating Anniversary date. October 11th!

• M
    Expert September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not really, ours just happened to be close to the time we decided to get married. We didn't want an engagement period, just wanted to be married already! But I do like that we got married in September, 18 years after our first real date which was at a September wedding.
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're doing July 25, 2020 which is the date of our first date/kiss. It was perfect that it falls on a Saturday next year so we just went with it lol. I had never envisioned a summer wedding in my life, but I love that the date has meaning. Only after I had booked most of our vendors did I realize that it'll be our 13th anniversary...but luckily neither of us are superstitious😅

• Kristen
    Curious October 2021 Ontario
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding date is August 1,2020, he asked me to be his girlfriend August 1,2010 so it’s our 10 year anniversary. We realized 6 years into dating that our 10 year landed on a Saturday and made it our goal. Smiley smile
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our date was set for convenience. We both have jobs that are hard to get time off for (so winter wedding here we come). I'm excited for it now. Hoping to get a few snow pictures. I love the snow inspired decor I get to use.
  • T
    Curious September 2020 Ontario
    Trish ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're getting married on the 10 year anniversary of the day we met. September 26, 2020.

For the first 5 years of our relationship, we didn't celebrate anniversaries or really even know when it was but when we started talking about getting married I realized I didn't even really know exactly how long we've been together. So I dug deep into my facebook messages and found the first show (he's a musician) he invited me to and counted back from there. We met in such a random way and it was such a magical moment for both of us that when I found out the day we met actually falls on a Saturday 10 years after the date we both knew that was going to be our anniversary forever.

We chose our date years before we got engaged.

We just recently booked a place that fits us both perfectly for so many reasons. I can't wait.

I'm a weirdo when it comes to numbers and signs and if you add all the numbers (9+2+6+2+2) it equals 21 which is how old I was when I met him. Yes, I know I'm crazy. It's fine.

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are getting married on September 21st (only two days away now!) because my favourite song of all time is September by Earth Wind & Fire, which is about the 21st night of September. The year didn't especially matter - 2019 was just the next time it was on a Saturday. September 21st also happens to be my fiance's birthday!
  • Kirsten
    Frequent user April 2020 Alberta
    Kirsten ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing the "wedding" On April 25,2020, because it is a Saturday however we are legally getting married April 22,2020, which is the anniversary to a motorcycle accident that my fiance got in and was the very abrupt end to our "honeymoon" phase when he moved into my place and i had to take care of him for 7weeks after only 3weeks of dating.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Awwww very cute!! we dont have any special dates lol. our venue only had this one date left for the entire summer so we booked it right away!

• Maegan
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our anniversary has always been July 30th so when we were looking at wedding dates I didnt really expect to be anywhere near that as I've always wanted a spring wedding but then we realized May 30th was a Saturday and its perfect! It'll be a new month of course but keeping the same day on the calendar was super lucky and special to us! It's also the weekend of my parents 30th wedding anniversary which I love and they were happy to share 😊
  • Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Made me happy!

Special Wedding Date 1
  • Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Okay, that's pretty darn cool!

• Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Its funny because we chose our date by random circumstance. However I met my best friend in october 2005 when we were both 10 years old. About 4 years ago we got matching tattoos with 10.05 and I didn't realize until a few months after we set the date that I literally already had my wedding date tattooed on me so it's meant to be.
  • Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mine is the anniversary of when my parents met! Also 10/10/2020 which we just thought was cool!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our dating anniversary is October 13, 2015 and our engagement was on October 26, 2017. October 19 is in between the two dates, and is 2 years after the engagement, so we have a major relationship milestone every 2 years.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Awwww that's amazing Smiley heart

We didn't really have a reason at first when looking other than us wanting to have a wedding in the Fall - but then the 5th of October was an option and our dating anniversary is March 5th so we thought, hey, why not? Easy to remember!

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thats super special! I love that!

We honestly didn't have any thing special about getting married October 4. We liked the fall, and didn't want September because there are too many birthdays (mine included), so October is the one month that there are no birthdays, and nothing else that would make that month really busy.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ours isn't sentimental to us but it's 2 or 3 days after my mom and stepdad got married which is kind of cool.

We wanted to get married mid July in 2020 so that's really the only reason we chose it lol

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got married on August 25, 2017 and that has many advantages for us. Few reasons are for us and within family and a close friend we grew up with too.

Husbands birthday is a month before

Christmas is 4 months later

One second family member birthday is the same day as our anniversary

A childhood friend seen after 19 years at a wedding recently got married a year after us mentioned by his wife.

One of my in laws got married a day before us a year after

Its amazing how you these events occur when not thinking about it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics