Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emily
Expert September 2020 Ontario

Keeping Wedding party on track!

Emily, on September 19, 2019 at 15:32 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 15
Hi all,

we we have a fairly large party of 16 - they are all over the place! Few are local, some are even in another country. How do I keep them involved and in the loop so my MOH doesn’t end up doing everything alone? We will have a group chat through fb but will have to text some because they don’t have Facebook. Any tips or tricks?!

Thanks 🎊🙏

picture for my cute bridesmaids proposals 😁

Keeping Wedding party on track! 1

15 Comments

Latest activity by Emily, on September 30, 2019 at 10:00
  • Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Kara! Yeah I wouldn’t feel comfortable forcing people to get Facebook lol we’re going to explore whatsapp or a google doc 😌
  • Kara
    Newbie August 2021 Alberta
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I personally wouldn’t ask someone to get Facebook. Some people have very strong feelings against it. I think a free messaging app like WhatsApp or Line would work really well. It’s faster and easier to set up an account on WhatsApp than Facebook, and more private.

I think everyone else has good ideas about sending out a timeline for people and assign (or have them choose) which tasks they want to tackle. You can put their name beside it. It’ll help you keep up with who is doing what. And, it’s easier to follow up.

Btw the way I love the letters you sent out!
  • Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m hoping we can figure it out because I’m getting stressed about it!! My FH has now informed me one of his people doesn’t have any contact info except a landline 🙃🙃
  • Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love this idea!! Thank you. 🙏
  • Kristen
    Curious October 2021 Ontario
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely one of the harder tasks!
    Much like everyone else has mentioned a group chat is great! I’ve also made up a little timeline of events for the bridesmaids & groomsmen so they know when to expect certain things.
    Example - October 2019 Buy dresses etc.
    I find this has helped them all to know when they would be needed and it’s not like they got dumped with a lot all at once!
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Very difficult - unless you all have Facebook (and not all of you do). We have an actual Facebook group (on top of a chat) that acts like a meeting space for us. Maybe ask those who don't have it to get it just for this (and delete again after) - but they might not be comfortable with that.

Check out WhatsApp (or any wifi messaging app) - I don't use it but I know people who do for group chats and it works fairly well.

• Miav
    Devoted September 2020 Alberta
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have the same issue, most of my bridal party are out of the country with only one bridesmaid here with me in the same city. She is more than willing to help out, accompanied me in all dress appointments, and doing most of the physical work. Unlike the other bridesmaids, MOH who I communicate thru texts and photos only. They are still very helpful though, giving out thought, ideas, and advice thru messages. Group chats will definitely help to keep everybody in the loop, I'm thinking to start one closer to our day Smiley smile

I'm thinking the other bridesmaids/MOH can help more with DIY once they get in the week/month of the wedding

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Chat group is a good idea and include all your wedding party members with things that need to be focused on and getting responses to your events attending. This way everyone get to read it and understand what's going on, when and how.

Out of town, a memo in the form of a text that lets them know what has been set and date wise so they will be able to make it and be aware of the responsibilities taking on.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had a total of 13 and it was hard- We basicly had a text chat group made- It worked when people have iphones lol when they don't its more difficult. It was basicly making sure we all talked or communicated some way. I copied and pasted a lot!

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It's VERY difficult. We had a wedding party of 17 (originally 18, but one of the boys backed out). I've been telling people it's like herding cats... We had about a MILLION Facebook messenger chats...
    For the people who don't have Facebook, why not use WhatsApp instead??
  • July
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    July ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Once I did my bridesmaids proposals and everyone said yes I made a WhatsApp group with all the ladies. That way my maid of honour can also see everyones numbers and if need be she can message them separately if she wanted to plan a surprise or anything without me knowing.

I plan on making a bigger group with the groomsmen and bridesmaids the year of our wedding (2021) to keep the entire wedding party on track with practices, rehearsals, bridesmaid dress and groomsman suit fittings/pick-ups.

• Madisyn
    Expert February 2020 Ontario
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't have Facebook so I have a WhatsApp group with my girls. They got to know each other a but through that so they are able to reach out to one another directly if need be!
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Have them all download a free wifi messaging app (ie whatsapp) that way you can add all their numbers and you can write wedding stuff

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did a Facebook group with everyone, there was only one person in the wedding party who didn't have facebook, but her boyfriend is a groomsman so he was in the group and could pass everything along to her.

We all have Iphones, So I have a group chat with just the girls so that the guys don't need to be bored to death with the details.

Going off Tori's point of making a list of things that need to be done, you can do a google document and invite everyone through email. This way the document can be updated and everyone can access it.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Honestly I would either ask those people to get FB for this purpose only - or get everybody to get a texting app so that they can group chat. If they aren't willing to do that for the wedding party then I wouldn't be asking them to be in the wedding party anyway so I'm sure your group won't have a problem with it Smiley smile

That and I would make a list of things that need to be done and things that can be researched online should go towards those who are not in the city with your and your MOH

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics