Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner July 2022 Ontario

Video

Angel, on September 12, 2019 at 13:21 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 8
Hello everyone! So I already have a photographer but now I'm thinking if I should get a videographer as well. I mean, I know a lot of friends who didn't have a videographer on their wedding but I was wondering what your thoughts are! I am tight on budget but if I could find someone within a reasonable price, I would take it! Hope you guys can help me! Thanks!

8 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on September 18, 2019 at 11:04
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I paid $1000 for a videographer though his end result wasn't the best and wouldn't recommend him if it wasn't for my first guy not giving up on me when cancelling.

All said and done, a professional rate will be something to put the expense towards for the best results. On the other side, students in college are looking for opportunities to get their foot in the door and will do it for way less if you feel that's the way you go.

• Sharlene
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My husband wanted a video. I wasn't sure that it was worth the money, but I decided that if it was important to him we should have it. I am super glad that we did go with our videographer. We got two videos that we love and she had the most unique ideas. Maybe look for someone that is starting their business, a new grad. Prices would be much more affordable.
  • Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My videographer was VERY reasonable. She is based out of Kingston but he travel rates were also excellent. I'm getting married in Belleville, though, so a lot closer than Etobicoke.

The only reason we decided to video the ceremony is because the site is small so it will have to be a private ceremony. It will be videoed and then edited immediately and then played back later during the reception.

• A
    Angel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi there! Yes please! That would really be helpful & appreciated! 😍

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I could give you our videographers contact info!!

theyre starting their own business but have a few years of experience already. they’re really reasonable.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Just for the ceremony??? If not maybe mention that you only need them for that - unless you are looking for the rest of the night. Not going to lie - after the ceremony we will ask if he wants to stay for supper and then perhaps he will feel super nice and take some video of the reception... Smiley tongue Obviously we would ask if he would tape a bit more for some extra cash but that would be an on the spot ask and I wouldn't mind if he said no

• A
    Angel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is a really good price! I would love to have that videographer! I was looking around and the lowest I got was $1500!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am pro wedding video. I am also on a budget and couldn't afford a videographer for what seemed to be the average of $2,000..... In the end I went to a wedding show, got the contact info for the best person who had reasonable pricing, contacted him a month later when the wedding show stuff died down, explained I have limited cash but all I need is the ceremony recorded so that I have the moment we are pronounced Man & Wife on tape. In the end that's what I'm getting and for only $700+tax

Don't be afraid to try and negotiate the price and to explain your budget - most vendors try and be accommodating!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics