Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lisa
Newbie October 2020 Ontario

Succulents

Lisa, on August 27, 2019 at 22:06 Posted in DIY 0 7
Has anyone tried growing their own succulents for wedding favours? If so, any advice to share? We've 3D printed our plant pots and we're going to attempt to grow our own succulents to represent our love of gardening and add a nice personal touch. I've read that the soil must be kept moist, good drainage is key and humidity and light are good for that environment. I've also read it takes about 3 months to grow. Has anyone tried this already, would love to hear from you! Smiley smile

7 Comments

Latest activity by Lisa, on September 25, 2019 at 20:41
  • Lisa
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am overjoyed by the feedback I've received through my post! Thanks everyone! Hope everyone's DIY projects go well. I will post pictures once I get started and results! Smiley laugh Good luck with your special day planning Smiley heart

• BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have grown a lot of succulents and Aloe Veras. One thing I would say is pick a specific succulent and go with it because the care can vary. Aloe Veras are by far the one that duplicated itself the most and easiest to grow, so, if you have a lot of guests, I might suggest it for that reason.

The biggest killer of most succulents I have seen is over watering, so keep the soil moist but lightly moist.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I havent but this sounds really nice good luck!

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have not, but a friend of mine did this for her wedding and they were too big by the time the wedding came around! The pots were very small and they looked silly, but most people just loved the idea anyway!

• Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway
    Cliodhna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey Lisa!

I'm in awe that you're going to grow your own succulents. I struggle to keep the ones I buy alive Smiley laugh

I did a quick search and saw there are a ton of videos on YouTube about growing succulents. Have you checked any of these out?

• Lisa
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Good to know, I started a few test subjects, the wedding is end of May so still lots of time but I plan to have everything growing indoors in beginning of November at the latest. Thanks for the tips
  • L
    Curious August 2021 Alberta
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have a few that I propagated this spring and they are still quite tiny, like maybe 10cm tiny. If you have time, start right away!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics