Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Maddie19
Curious July 2020 Alberta

Friday Weddings?!

Maddie19, on September 13, 2019 at 17:03 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 7

Hi Everyone!

Our wedding is on a Friday evening. It just worked out because the date has sentimental meaning to us. Anyways, for brides who had a Friday wedding, did you notice a lot of people declining or just not showing up?

I know the people who really love us will make an effort to be there. Just wanted to know what your experience was with getting married on this day Smiley smile

7 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on September 23, 2019 at 16:34
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ive seen people cancel on friday weddings or show up super late! but the people who want to be there will make sure they are there!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had a few guests not showing up and got messages or came to know when seeing them after the wedding.

Your guests will show no matter what time your ceremony is. They would leave early and drive to make it for your celebrations.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

As a guest, it would depend on my relationship with the couple/if I have to travel out of town.

If it was a local wedding for an acquaintance and FH and I didn't have to take time off work, we'd probably go.

If it was a wedding of a really close friend/family member but we had to travel/take time off work, we'd probably go.

If it was for an acquaintance and an out of town wedding, we probably wouldn't go.

It can depend on your guests' relation to you, and if any time off/travel is necessary (flights are expensive on Fridays). The ones that are close to you hopefully will make an effort to show up no matter the circumstances.

• Miav
    Devoted September 2020 Alberta
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ours is a Sunday wedding and I'm wondering the same thing. Our venue is fully booked even on weekdays, honestly if people want to be there they will be there, regardless of the day of the week Smiley smile

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I understand the reasons many people opt for Friday weddings, but it just wouldn't have made sense for me... My family is so spread out and I wanted them all to be there. I know that so many of them would not have made it if it was on a Friday.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'd would love a friday wedding as a guest. You may have fewer people at the ceremony but I find a lot of people tend to miss that part anyway.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are getting married on a Friday. And for us, the people that aren’t coming are ones we knew wouldn’t come in the first place.
    The reasons that a lot of them aren’t coming are for other reasons than it being a Friday wedding.
    Our ceremony is at 5 and then everything right after. So it’s a date night for people. plus our family is local. So a lot of people don’t have to take time off. Or only need to leave work a couple hours early.
    But at the end of the day, this is what we wanted. And the people that mean the most to us will make it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics