Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Maddie19
Curious July 2020 Alberta

E-vites!!

Maddie19, on September 17, 2019 at 17:48 Posted in Before the wedding 0 9

We're doing e-invitations for a few reasons

1. I made them myself so they don't cost a thing

2. The cost of stamps can add up quickly.

3. People are going to throw out the invite after a little bit

4. It's better for the environment!

With that being said, if you did evites what was the experience like? We're printing out a few for computer illiterate family members haha. Smiley smile

9 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on January 1, 2020 at 22:14
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We used paperlesspost.com
  • Jasmin
    Curious October 2021 Ontario
    Jasmin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Which website did you use if you don’t mind me asking?
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think were going to do both and do an RSVP on our online page. im actually getting the invitations done earlier so i can hand them out to people when i see them!

• July
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    July ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I plan on doing E-vites for all the reasons you've listed. I plan on using paperless post for both Smiley smile . And then I'll also include my website link as well of course for ppl to RSVP through there as well. Paperless post allows you to see when the invite has been received and when it was openedSmiley laugh

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did all our save the dates and invites via email. It was great for all the reasons you listed above EXCEPT... You have no way of knowing if the person received it or not. Some people reply back saying they got it or they're excited or whatever, but most people don't. My mom was great at following up and making sure people received theirs, but my dad and stepmom...not so much. It meant following up with people more often and harassing people before the RSVP deadline. Overall though, it was much easier than paper invites.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did the old-fashion paper invites (designed myself) but I've seen the E-vites getting more popular and can definitely help save money and the environment!

If I did it all again, I'd give e-vites more thought - and of course have a few printed ones for guests who aren't tech savvy.

• Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did eVites too and they were great. There were a few people that still asked for details (that were already included in the eVite) so I sent an email close to the day of with all the map links and other related info just in case. Made it easier to include the links to the venue, ceremony locations and other things to do in the area. People could also add the details to their calendars, so it was a great format for us overall.

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing E-vites as well! Through Greenvelope. I have no reservations about doing it this way, for all the reasons you listed above.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Loved it! Would do it again. The website we used showed us when people opened it, so we were able to check in with people before the rsvp date to let them know they were invited.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics