Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rachel
Beginner September 2019 British Columbia

Last minute guest additions is screwing everything up. Please help.

Rachel, on September 18, 2019 at 20:08 Posted in Wedding reception 0 14
I'm honestly losing my mind. It's 11 days to the wedding. My parents decided to tell me today that my uncle and grandma can actually make the wedding (1% of me is like yay I love my grandma, but 99% of me is like WHAT THE ****), so now I'm scrambling to find space for them.
I have 8 72" rounds that I've already packed to the brim. Each table has 12 people. They NEED to be seated at the family table. I honestly can't put them anywhere else because they don't know anyone else.
My question is: is 14 people at a 72" too much?

14 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on September 23, 2019 at 16:14
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think you should get another table. i think 14 people at one table is too much! people put their purses on the table, cell phones, wine, drinks, plates, forks, bread baskets, food. seems like a really full table!

• BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I now want to make these! I think some of the family would find it hilarious...One of being my uncle, who would probably help hand them out. Smiley xd
    Yeah, I don't look forward to facing last minute changes but getting another table is a great strategy

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Literally dying seeing this. I have so many people who didn't RSVP, if they show up, they will be told to leave! Not having any of it!

• Rachel
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Exactly haha!
  • Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

They'd still have to bring a sandwich, but the table/chairs will be there!

• Rachel
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh gosh. Thank you all so much for your suggestions. After talking (crying) on the phone with my mom last night I ended up adding another table and shifting people around. So now every table has at least 9 people, which is better than cramming my grandma into a table with 13 other guests. Plus now we have extra room if people really do show up without rsvp-ing (fingers crossed they don't). Thanks all!
  • A
    Devoted October 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

OMG I love the picture... it beats my : bring a chair and sandwich" idea. lol

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would get another 72" and split the family table into 2 (7 at each table)!

I'm with you! Since making the seating plan, I'm 1% glad you could make it! and 99% BUT where do I seat you?!

If anyone shows up without an RSVP, they sit at their own table with these place cards:

Last minute guest additions is screwing everything up. Please help. 1

• Meghan
    Beginner May 2021 Quebec
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would say your best bet is to split the tables into two family tables. 7&7 instead of 14, which is a lot
  • Danielle
    Frequent user July 2022 Manitoba
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is what I would do. Instead of packing 14 people at a 12 person table do two 7 person tables.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My god.... I can't.... I just....

I guess if that was what I had to do then I would basically remake the seating plan Smiley atonished At least you still have a little over a week before the wedding?

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely too much. That is so frustrating! Like, sorry grandma, you already said you couldn't make it...
    I had to do this to people. I didn't feel bad AT ALL. All my guests had PLENTY of warning and time to RSVP and when they tried to sneak back in last minute or bring a plus one, I was like, NOPE.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Would you be able to request a larger table? If not, could you potentially rent a larger table that can accommodate 14 people?

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think that is a bit full. Can you bring another table and split the family table into two tables instead of one?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics