Skip to main content
Jacquie
Jacquie

Calgary, Alberta · From August 2021

Engaged to my boyfriend of 9 years. Decided to finally have a wedding on our 10 year anniversary.

Happily married 🎉

August 13, 2022

641days 8hrs
Jacquie
Unhappy with florist - how to deal?
Jacquie, On August 18, 2022 at 15:56

Our wedding was on Saturday. We had an incredible day. However we were disappointed with our florals. They didn't follow the colors/aesthetic that we wanted, some arrangements were smaller then we...

Derek, monday 26-Sep-22 16
Kelsey
Finally had our day 💕
Kelsey, On August 18, 2022 at 19:26

Hello everyone! We finally got married on August 13th at Mount Norquay just outside of Banff, Alberta. To all the nervous and anxious brides/grooms/soon to be spouses out there, we had a bunch of...

Lynnie, wednesday 31-Aug-22 9
Cacharel
Vendor Meals
Cacharel, On August 18, 2022 at 16:04

I saw a post on Instagram about feeding the vendors you hire. I guess it makes sense as they’ll be working long hours but i didnt take account it when doing our food budget. Are you feeding your...

Vinod, monday 22-Aug-22 12
Jacquie
Finally Married!
Jacquie, On August 15, 2022 at 20:07

Our wedding on Saturday was amazing. I’m so happy with how most of everything turned out. Our venue was amazing, my dress was perfect and our guests had the best time.

Jacquie, thursday 18-Aug-22 15 1
Ashley
Laptop dj
Ashley, On August 18, 2022 at 13:29

Wondering what the experiences are for using a laptop with speakers and spotify playlist vs hiring a DJ Did not having a DJ take away anything from the experience? Did the guest still dance and enjoy...

Hank, friday 19-Aug-22 6 2
A
Bride & Groom toast ?
Alyx, On August 15, 2022 at 18:16

Are any brides doing a thank you toast/speech with your groom? We’ve decided to do one! BUT we are having a huge debate about it lol. My fiancé thinks it should be short thank everyone in summary....

Darbi, thursday 18-Aug-22 10 1
Amanda
For most brides budget is key when it comes to the dress...
Amanda, On August 11, 2022 at 22:39

..but what if you had an unlimited budget?! What would be your most over the top outrages gown?

Amanda, sunday 14-Aug-22 9
Amanda
08.07.2022 ❤️❤️
Amanda, On August 11, 2022 at 11:14

We did it!! After 4 years and 8 months of being engaged, 2 years of postponing, we finally became husband and wife on August 7th, 2022!! It was the most perfect day! We wouldn't have changed a thing!...

Amanda, thursday 18-Aug-22 38 5
S
Bridesmaid dresses - Jjs House good?
Shaylea, On August 5, 2022 at 16:31

Hello everyone! Just wondering if anyone in Canada has used JJs house for bridesmaid dresses and their experience. I initially was looking into Azazie for my girls but they don’t have the light pink...

Daily, monday 22-Aug-22 7
Julie
diy flowers - real or fake?
Julie, On August 6, 2022 at 11:54

Debating if I should make an attempt at DIY boutenieres and corsage. Faux or real flowers? Wondering what some of you ladies decided on?

Marcella, tuesday 6-Feb-24 16
Malyssa
Wedding band costs
Malyssa, On August 6, 2022 at 13:30

Hi all! I'm just curious (if you're okay to share) what everyone spent on wedding bands? We're starting to look into it and just wondering what the average looks like.

Alison, tuesday 9-Aug-22 16
Pamela
Best Man
Pamela, On August 4, 2022 at 14:00

How do you handle the best man not wanting to wear a shirt & tie? I thought this was pretty much expected. Don’t want to rock the boat as we are holding the reception in our combined back yards…

Pamela, friday 5-Aug-22 17
Julie
Mother of the Bride Dress
Julie, On August 2, 2022 at 21:22

Wondering if you are having your moms find a dress to fit your colour pallette or no? Curious what you all have decided on.

Julie, monday 8-Aug-22 15
Rachel
rsvp Frustration
Rachel, On August 3, 2022 at 11:06

Everyone is trying to invite their sister's hamster's uncle's mechanic as their plus one, asking to "keep me posted" weeks after the RSVP-by date, swapping out their addressed invitations to their...

Elizabeth12, saturday 8-Oct-22 13
Carlie
Appetizer wedding gift money amount
Carlie, On July 30, 2022 at 11:21

Hey everyone! I'd like to hear from the brides/grooms that had an appetizer wedding (no sit down meal, just apps/snacks) and how much money their guests gave or what you would recommend? I'm already...

Eric, friday 19-Aug-22 6
Laynee
Wedding website trouble shoot
Laynee, On July 29, 2022 at 23:42

Does anyone know how to get rid of the food options in the rsvp??? We are doing stations so I don't need any option! Thanks

Laynee, saturday 30-Jul-22 2
Audrey
Still on Cloud 9
Audrey, On July 28, 2022 at 12:21

We did it on July 15, so just 13 days ago... I'm still smiling from the memories. I was sooooooo relieved and thankful that our weather turned out well. In Toronto, it is so unpredictable, but it...

Gabrielle, thursday 4-Aug-22 24 1
kearah
Cake making!
kearah, On July 27, 2022 at 11:02

How do we feel about making our own wedding cake! if its just a small two tier cake?!?!

Jennifer, wednesday 17-May-23 21
Jenny
Frustrated about the rehearsal dinner
Jenny, On July 25, 2022 at 13:48

So apparently when we first asked my fiancés dad to host and pay for the rehearsal dinner literally over a year ago he heard “host” and not “pay” and now is apparently shocked that they’re supposed to...

Elizabeth, thursday 28-Jul-22 13
Malyssa
Pre-wedding facials
Malyssa, On July 25, 2022 at 14:21

Happy Monday future (and past) brides! Who here plans to get a facial before the wedding?? Its something Ive been considering, since I'd love to have a fresh glowing face, but I have had like 1 facial...

DrakeHeyman, monday 25-Mar-24 10 1
Meghan
Hair and makeup trial
Meghan, On July 14, 2022 at 10:47

Has/is anyone not doing a trial? I personally know my makeup artist very well so i'm not worried that she'll butcher me on my wedding day and the hairstyle i want is so simple that you couldn't mess...

Julie, tuesday 26-Jul-22 10
Meghan
Marriage License
Meghan, On July 14, 2022 at 11:00

When I go pick up my marriage license does my Fiancé have to come with me? he doesn't seem to understand why we both need to be there. but i was told once that we both have to be there. Can anyone...

Meghan, friday 15-Jul-22 15 1
Brooke
Rehearsal Dinners - Needed/not Needed? Who Pays?
Brooke, On July 12, 2022 at 14:46

Hello fellow brides! My fiancé and I are having some trouble with having some form of rehearsal for our wedding, mainly the "dinner" part. We know we want to have a rehearsal at our venue with our...

Rebecca, saturday 15-Oct-22 17
C
Have any of you heard getting a gift even...
Carine, On July 7, 2022 at 10:20

Have any of you heard, that it's customary to give a bride and groom a wedding gift if you were invited, and you RSVP not attending. What are your thoughts on this?

Carine, wednesday 13-Jul-22 18
T
Not knowing parents birth place
Tara, On July 2, 2022 at 21:41

I’m getting married this summer (in just under 4 weeks). I don’t know either of my parents birth places. Should this be cause for significant concern?

Jacquie, tuesday 5-Jul-22 3
Rayanne
Live music vs dj music
Rayanne, On June 27, 2022 at 16:12

So what's everyone's plans for music on their big day? We want with love music for the ceremony and a DJ for the reception. It was a perfect mix for us. The quartet was unbelievably beautiful and...

Kate, tuesday 26-Jul-22 27
V
Is this tacky? My dream destination wedding was cancelled twice.
V Pe, On June 27, 2022 at 14:45

Hey Brides! I was supposed to get married in Jamaica in 2020, then got postponed to 2021, then eventually had to cancel. My wedding dress is still sitting in my closet. Haha My entire bridal party has...

Patrice, wednesday 6-Jul-22 11
Brittney
Bachelor Party
Brittney, On June 24, 2022 at 16:18

Ok this might seem a little crazy. But my fiancé is on his bachelor trip and I haven’t heard from in almost 24 hours. I know he is on a trip with his friends but we also have two kids at home. Is it...

Casimir, wednesday 22-Mar-23 4
Heather
How do you create a budget?
Heather, On June 17, 2022 at 16:11

Hi everyone! We just got engaged this last weekend and we have only just started to brainstorm ideas for the wedding which is how I found this fantastic app! We’re thinking it’ll be a few years until...

Vinod, monday 4-Jul-22 7 1
Amanda
Bar Options
Amanda, On June 15, 2022 at 20:41

What are you and your significant other choosing to do with your bar option? Are you going with a Cash Bar, Toonie Bar, Loonie Bar or a Host Bar? Every couple is different and how their budget will...

Amanda, monday 4-Jul-22 25

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics