Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Julie
Featured May 2023 Ontario

Mother of the Bride Dress

Julie, on August 2, 2022 at 21:22 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 15
Wondering if you are having your moms find a dress to fit your colour pallette or no? Curious what you all have decided on.

15 Comments

Latest activity by Julie, on August 8, 2022 at 08:10
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I agree. Id rather my mom not match us
  • G
    Curious October 2022 Ontario
    Giuseppina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My Mom and my MIL both chose whatever colour dress/style they wanted. They will not be matching the bridal party. Personally, I rather the mothers not match the bridal party as they stand out more!

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's a great way to look at it Smiley sexy Done! Baby Blue it is LOL

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't make our moms wear our bridal party colours. We just let them wear whatever they wanted. I also like how it makes them distinct instead of an extension of the bridal party.

• Lissa
    Devoted October 2022 Ontario
    Lissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I let my mum and MIL choose any colour they wanted but they did both end up choosing greens and blues which goes with my colour scheme
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I did the same thing and told my mom to pick amy colour. After way too many hours looking at dresses she opted for a baby blue. I dont think it will look bad. My pallette is gold & green.🤔 My dad is in a black suit, my MOH in emerald green and my FH & BM are in light gray, black lapel tux. 🤞🏽🤞🏽
  • Jenny
    Frequent user September 2022 Ontario
    Jenny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I asked all the "moms", so my mom, my mil, and my fil's gf, to wear shades of blue but with absolutely no pressure if they wanted to say no. The only person who took issue with the request was my fil's gf

• Jacquie
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Jacquie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I suggested to my mom and grandmother that they stay with neutrals in order to fit better with the wedding colors, but I also wanted them to find a dress they liked. They both ended up with neutrals anyways.

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

MY MIL loves purple so I really can't see her in anything else. My bridal party is Reds and Navy blue. As long as she spoils herself and finds something really nice to wear I will be happy. She never dresses up, always in jeans and tshirt. So I told her she needed to dress up, get makeup done and her hair done. I am paying for her hair since I know her. lol I keep sending her nice wedding outfits. Fingers crossed.

• Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We don't really care if they fit, but my mom did stick close-ish to our colors by going with a blush pink dress and our theme is fall colors so browns orange yellow, ect. Im not 100% what MIL will wear but again we weren't picky.

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Your mom looks so lovely

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our color pallet is navy and gold and my mom chose this blue dress
    Mother of the Bride Dress 1

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wanted my mom to feel super comfortable and beautiful in her dress so I was not fussy on the colour she had grey and a dusty rose colour in mind which both looked great on her and she ended up going with a grey - not in my colour palette but still works!

• Meghan
    Devoted September 2022 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did not plan for my mom to fit the colour palette but it did end up being that way cause the dress was so perfect for her!

• A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wish I would’ve chosen black for all of them, it would’ve looked better in photos but I let them choose and they all have different colours lol, blue, red and step mom in floral pattern

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics