Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Carlie
Newbie June 2022 Ontario

Appetizer wedding gift money amount

Carlie, on July 30, 2022 at 11:21 Posted in Wedding reception 0 6
Hey everyone! I'd like to hear from the brides/grooms that had an appetizer wedding (no sit down meal, just apps/snacks) and how much money their guests gave or what you would recommend? I'm already married but I have TWO appetizer only weddings next year and want to know the etiquette - not only for me as a guest what to give but to help out one of my friends with expectations.
Is it the same amount as you would give for a sit down meal etc? Thanks everyone!!

6 Comments

Latest activity by Eric, on August 19, 2022 at 04:08
  • E
    Newbie October 2022 Chandigarh
    Eric ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I prefer to give money.

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I gave a gift and money for the Bridal shower and gave money for the wedding and went by the cost of a plate and went a little more, but she was a close friend. In the past I paid for a hotel room for the couple, and for a work friend we chipped in to get an expensive room at the hotel we worked at so they got two nights and meals paid.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Is the wedding held during normal meal hours or is it off hours with a few small bites? That would determine the size of my gift. Just because a wedding serves hors d'oeuvres instead of a plated meal, doesn't mean it can't constitute a full meal. I've been to weddings where the meal is served as cocktail appetizers but the amount of food still made up a full meal so I gave accordingly.

As with any wedding, the mind set should be not to expect to profit off a wedding via gifts. People who do that will likely create sour experiences for their guests and ruin relationships.

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This! We really give based on how close we are with the couple but also how much it likely cost to have us there. Cash bar versus open bar is also a factor obviously.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would still give the same amount I would to any other wedding I would go to
  • Jacquie
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Jacquie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'd personally give the same amount as a guest. But as a bride I would expect less. If that makes sense?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics