Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rayanne
Master June 2022 Ontario

Live music vs dj music

Rayanne, on June 27, 2022 at 16:12 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 27
So what's everyone's plans for music on their big day? We want with love music for the ceremony and a DJ for the reception. It was a perfect mix for us.
The quartet was unbelievably beautiful and really added to the ceremony. There is nothing that can invoke emotions like music and they delivered.
For the reception we definitely wanted the variety that a DJ can provide. You don't have to worry about a band not knowing a song. You can get any genre of music (we had some Greek music). Any song that is requested cam be played by a DJ. Live music vs dj music 1

Live music vs dj music 2
Live music vs dj music 3

27 Comments

Latest activity by Kate, on July 26, 2022 at 14:37
  • Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing a live band. I personally love live music and the feeling it gives so it was an easy one for me. But keeping it intimate and small just a duo, guitar and vocals and I believe they have a system where they can incorporate different instruments in to liven it up for some dancing (looping)!

When I attend weddings I really take note of the entertainment/dance/music portion so this was important to us : )

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The venue is set up with speakers and a plug to connect to devices, plus I got my friends husband as MC so he's in charge also very tech savvy

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It sounds like a great idea but I know I wouldn't have the first clue where to start 🤣
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are saving money on this department, I have spotify with the lists on my iPad and just going to plug it in and hit play.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It was and about 3 events they had him doing enteratainment.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha I wish I could sing I'd go to a destination wedding it sounds like a blast 😅
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had a DJ for our wedding as most wedding attended the same. Some chose to have a live band and/or singer to make the events even more special. Indian culture is costly since the singer for the destination wedding came from India to Thailand. He had a blast when not performing.

• D
    Devoted September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having a DJ for both ceremony and reception.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It definitely makes it easier to have one person in charge. If we didn't have the quartet we could have brought a CD with music that minister would have to time....
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having a DJ for both
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is definitely live music and a way to make your wedding your own.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did DJ but for the ceremony, chose songs that made it feel like live music (a lot of sax and violin covers). We needed the DJ so run other sound cues that a band or musician wouldn't have been able to do so we opted to not go with live music to save money. Though in hindsight, having a live musician vs a DJ might have made certain things go a bit more smoothly on the day of.

I sang my wife down the aisle so I suppose that's "live music" lol.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Very true. I think I would be all over the place when it comes to music lol
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are going DIY with Spotify. I had been to a few that went this route and we had a blast so Im snagging those playlists and working with them to create our own. This can always be a fun way to remember the night, as I'll have this playlist for as long as I have a spotify account haha

• Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ahhhhhh the instrumental one!! Ahhhhh never thought about that. That sounds cool!! 😂
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lol I had no vocals. I liked that they could time the song so there wasn't the awkward pauses. It's not for everyone
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Actually, I went to one in 2019 where they had live music (or 1 song live by a girl — beautiful voice) as the bride walked down the aisle. That was lovely and that’s it for me then. Hahaha
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ohhhhhh yes, that makes sense.
    I went to my cousin’s wedding and they did a live music at their ceremony. It was a no for me. Lovely voices but it was way too loud and so long for no reason while they stood there for it to be done. They had the live music while they sign. Just found out they did two songs. Hubby likes it but I wasn’t a fan. Aha
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm not sure i would have thought of live music myself had I not gone to a wedding with live music before. I can't even describe how it made me feel part of the wedding and I didn't even know the couple. We definitely didn't want a band for the reception though.
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did “DJ” was hubby’s cousin that played the songs. We created our playlists and he played them. So that was better for us as we never thought about Live Music.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Live music can add up really fast. We were lucky in that moving our winter wedding to summer saved us some money that we were able to use for the quartet.
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We went with a DJ soley for budget purposes
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Spotify is such a great option. I see more and more couples using it.
  • Jacquie
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Jacquie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're doing a Spotify playlist and a family member to press play/pause. If budget and space would have allowed, we would have loved to have a live band.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It is convenient for sure! I didn't have to go searching what to do for the ceremony
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is super convenient. My DJ is a friend of mine (in nursing school and couldn't make the ceremony). It worked out for us.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're just having a DJ for both the ceremony and reception. His package offers him to be there for both

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics