Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jacquie
Frequent user August 2022 Alberta

Unhappy with florist - how to deal?

Jacquie, on August 18, 2022 at 15:56 Posted in Just married 0 16

Our wedding was on Saturday. We had an incredible day. However we were disappointed with our florals. They didn't follow the colors/aesthetic that we wanted, some arrangements were smaller then we expected (my bridal bouquet being one!) and all the flowers were dying/drooping before the night was even over.

I reached out to my florist about this on Monday and got a response back from the owner yesterday. Our colors were not followed because the specific color of rose they ordered for me never arrived. They acknowledged I should have been informed of this before hand. They stated that my arrangements were smaller then the ones I ordered due to increased costs in the industry. And stated the dying flowers were probably due to the heat wave. (Most of the flowers stayed inside our air conditioned venue or were not in the best conditions when we received them). They then offered a credit to put towards buying florals from them in the future (Did not mention how much).

Should I be demanding a partial refund? Should I just forget about it and move on? I'm not really impressed by most of their answers and I really don't think once I have ordered and paid for a certain size of arrangement you can just change the size! I'm not very good at complaining and need help!

Unhappy with florist - how to deal? 1

Unhappy with florist - how to deal? 2

16 Comments

Latest activity by Derek, on September 26, 2022 at 16:23
  • D
    Devoted September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had a similar thing happen to my new wife's youngest daughter at her wedding 2 weeks ago (just before ours). The vendor sent flowers that were dead and decaying, and the bride only found out when she took them out of the boxes! They had not been properly refrigerated during delivery. So my new wife had to run down to a Costco (where they came from in the first place) and get replacements. Fortunately the company gave them, free of charge.

'Future credit' does not sound acceptable given this situation and what you've told us here. I'd be demanding at least a partial refund. If they blow you off or continue to insist on future credit only, I'd leave them an unfavorable review, to say the least.
  • Jamie
    Frequent user June 2022 British Columbia
    Jamie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Florals are expensive. i would defs reach out again and try to get some sort of reimbursment. i'd be pissed

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Poor floral services should be offering some money back and glad to hear your bouquet cost was done though they could have given more because of the misinformation provided by them. I would have asked if the florals needed to be in the fridge and the venue would be helpful to keep the flowers in the fridge. This way, you would be able to have some of the family members to go ahead and have the arrangements on the table so that it would be fresh and not the way it did look.

• Jacquie
    Jacquie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

They refunded the cost of bridal bouquet! Thanks for the advice Smiley smile

• Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

YASSS!!!! Get that money! don't take no for an answer! I 100% think its fair to get a fund for the bridal.

• Jacquie
    Jacquie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You have convinced me. I finally emailed them requesting at the very least a refund of my bridal bouquet.

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes! that is what I was thinking.... flowers usually dry up not turn brown in my experience....

• Malyssa
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Okay so I did some sleuthing, cause I was curious about the company, because its pretty red flaggy to not provided services terms to a customer, especially when its something as big as your wedding.

They have their " terms " just as a link on the website. might be worth reviewing that. I think you are still justified to a refund, as you did contact them during the timeframe suggested, so I would keep up on them. Again, if you are unhappy with the services provided, you shouldn't have to pay the full amount. If you ordered food at a restaurant and it wasn't up to standard, they would refund you some money.

• Malyssa
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Very weird. My dessert vendor was similar but still has her "terms" on the last page of the invoice.

But if there is no contract or any sort of terms, then Defineitly ask for a refund! They have no way of going back saying "well term blah blah states we could change the size"

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If you can do a google review or on their direct website, they don't always see the reviews on Wedding wire.

You should be able to do a new review on google, worse case change email address.

There's absolutely no reason they went brown that fast, Flowers don't brown that quick, those seem like older flowers they were trying to use before they went bad. Walmart and costco roses don't even turn brown like that.

• Jacquie
    Jacquie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Right! Like how do roses go brown from just an hour in an air conditioned venue/car.

• Jacquie
    Jacquie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I did write a wedding wire review, they don't seem to care about that. I have already written an old Google review for them, but it was 5 stars, as I have received really nice bouquets from them in the past. Wonder if I update my review if it will go to the top again?

• Jacquie
    Jacquie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

There wasn't a contract. They have an order form on their website and I just used that. Never received any sort of detailed invoice, just a receipt.

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Jacquie, I would be asking for a partial refund, the brown around the edges of the roses looks like older flowers not from heat.

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh that sucks, I would write them a review online see how quick they move. Heat wave or not it is their responsibility to make sure your flowers are gorgeous for your big day and that they failed to inform you about the flowers that never arrived and it seemed like they were hoping that you wouldn't notice. The fact that they gave you a smaller bouquet then you ordered and blamed it on higher cost that is not your problem if you signed a contract.

I've noticed lately when you write a review online companies will bend over backwards to make it right and make you change the review. It sucks that it has to be that way but will you even trust them in the future even with a credit?

• Malyssa
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Jacquie,

Ooof, sorry this happened. I would request some sort of refund, as you were not happy with the results, and this is why you sign a contract. (like for example, I recommended my photographer to a friend because it was within her budget, and even within like 2 weeks of signing our contract, she upped her prices...but our price is still based off the contract we signed) They would have agreed to a certain size and standard. And why would they offer a credit on next purchase if you've clearly stated you are unhappy?? lol

Maybe just review your contract again, see if there is anything they could push back on you for, but I would still request a refund. (as someone who works with service agreements and contracts daily, I know how important those T&C's are)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics