Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Malyssa
Expert October 2022 Alberta

Pre-wedding facials

Malyssa, on July 25, 2022 at 14:21 Posted in Beauty 1 10

Happy Monday future (and past) brides!

Who here plans to get a facial before the wedding?? Its something Ive been considering, since I'd love to have a fresh glowing face, but I have had like 1 facial in my life and was done by a friend who needed to complete her quota for her classes haha

If you have done facials before (or did one before your big day), what type would you recommend?

10 Comments

Latest activity by DrakeHeyman, on March 25, 2024 at 12:17
  • D
    Newbie August 2024 Saskatchewan
    DrakeHeyman ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Malyssa, I totally get where you're coming from! Like you, I'm all about that glow-up for the big day, but facials have always been a bit of a mystery to me. Funny enough, my first (and only) facial experience was also a favor for a friend in beauty school. Let's just say it was an... interesting experience! But hey, it's all part of the journey, right?

• Malyssa
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah that is probably a good recommendation.

I did ultimately end up booking one for like 2 weeks from now, with a friend of mine who runs her own spa. I trust her to use good products, and really, my face will break out without trying new stuff, just living, haha but I did have a facial once and my skin was great after so I have good hopes.

• Meghan
    Devoted September 2022 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've read that you should not try a new face products or facials 1-2 months before your wedding because you don't know how your skin will react and its my worst fear having something go wrong on my face right before my wedding!

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I feel you I get the adult my period is going to start acne, but every time I try something new on my face the breakouts happen until my face is used to the product. Some places offer an acne preventative treatment. I trust my MUA too but I always find no matter what there's always a spot that has concealer screaming out at everyone "hey you I'm a huge pimple in disguise". Smiley xd Also heard botox is a new thing for acne but I'm skeptical about putting stuff that might alter my face.

• Malyssa
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is my concern too, breakouts. Im not overly sensitive but I do battle a bit with adult acne and I just want the best skin I can have for my big day. I know my MUA will work her magic to cover and blemishes but hoping to have none at all you know?? HAHA

• Malyssa
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for this! I know we aren't based in the same area but it'll be helpful to review this to get an idea.

• Malyssa
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah this is my thinking too, and Im creeping up to my 2 month mark so If Im going to I need to get on it.

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am planning on doing one a month in advance because I am too afraid of breakouts. I barely have eyebrows so two months before the wedding looking at microbladding and eyelash tint.

I am planning everything around my skins sensitivity this should give me enough time for my face to be cleared.

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So relevant to my thinking right now! I am a little over two weeks out and had plans to get one but not sure I should. I agree with Jacquie, give yourself time before to see how your skin reacts!

I was looking at this place and they actually have a recommended facial to get pre wedding which is cool and helpful!

https://blitzfacialbar.com/

What facial should I get before my wedding or big event?

For the day of, we suggest The Sampler or the Oxygen Facial. A week prior, The Micro, The Works, or The Extractor (for men, The Blitz Man). Two weeks prior, we suggest having Micro-Needling, a Medical Peel or IPL. For best results, book a complimentary consultation three months prior so that we can create a personal facial treatment program for you.

• Jacquie
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Jacquie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was planning on it, but now don't think I have time. I really want to get one done 1-2 month prior to see how my skin reacts. I wouldn't do anything new to your skin the week of/before your wedding just in case.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics