Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Meghan
Devoted September 2022 Ontario

Hair and makeup trial

Meghan, on July 14, 2022 at 10:47 Posted in Before the wedding 0 10

Has/is anyone not doing a trial? I personally know my makeup artist very well so i'm not worried that she'll butcher me on my wedding day and the hairstyle i want is so simple that you couldn't mess it up and the hairstylists specializes what I want. So my question is has anyone not done a trail and saved the extra couple hundred bucks? Did you regret not doing a trial? all experiences and opinions are needed please!

10 Comments

Latest activity by Julie, on July 26, 2022 at 12:27
  • Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I booked a trial for both hair/makeup for myself and only hair for MOH (daughter). Since she's super picky about her makeup, she's just going to do it on her own.

For hair, i'm also keeping this very simple, down, soft curl, parted on side. That is me and I dont want to change too much. I wear makeup all the time so just asking for a bit more detail in my eyes.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh that's awesome that it is included with your price!

I'm super excited to have her do my hair!!!

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's great to have connections you trust.

• Lissa
    Devoted October 2022 Ontario
    Lissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm doing a trial for both, but less concerned about hair as I'm not doing anything too fancy. Either just fully down and curled or half up.

My makeup trial is the first week of August and I have no idea what I want yet. I don't usually wear mascara, eyeliner or eyeshadow so this is going to be very different for me!

• Meghan
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes i know my makeup artist personally for many years now so i know she is not going to butcher my face haha

• Meghan
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My hair is definitely a classic look and like i said i'm getting a style that the stylist specializes in so i'm not too worried about the hair! and i actually just confirmed that my trial was covered in the deposit so i just made the appointment for my makeup Smiley smile

• Meghan
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've actually cleared this up with my stylists! My trial for my hair is already paid for in the deposit and my day of makeup is already paid for in that deposit as well so I just have to pay for the trial makeup which i just made an appointment for! Thats so convenient that your aunt is a hairstylist though!

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My moh and I are getting our makeup done because it comes with our price that we paid. I still would've gotten one if it didn't include one because I wanna make sure my makeup it on point and can make changes during the trail and not just hope for the best on my wedding day. I wanna make sure it's perfect!

For hair neither myself or my moh are getting a trail run. Since my aunt is doing our hair I know she'll do a great job with just the inspiration photos we have given her since she's a hair stylist !

• Jacquie
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Jacquie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think this is okay if you are going for a classic bridal look, or something similar that you might do on a day to day basis. I'm more doing my trials to make sure I actually like the hair/make up that I have decided on, not to make sure the stylist is good at her job.

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My makeup artist includes the trial in her fee, but I trust her enough not to make me look like a clown and even though I know how to do my makeup, it's my day I want it done by someone else. As for hair she's my hairdresser and I do not trust anyone but her so I am giving her power of creativity to do whatever she wants on me.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics