Skip to main content
Madisyn
Madisyn

Whitby, Ontario · From October 2018

Just a frazzled couple that had to cancel their destination wedding due to COVID-19. Luckily, we got legally married on February 14th, 2020, but I have... View more

Just a frazzled couple that had to cancel their destination wedding due to COVID-19. Luckily, we got legally married on February 14th, 2020, but I have yet to wear my wedding dress. Wedding planning round 2 here we go!

Happily married 🎉

February 14, 2020

1525days 4hrs
Madisyn
Today would have been our wedding day...
Madisyn, On April 11, 2020 at 09:20

I woke up this morning and immediately thought of where I was supposed to be, and what I was supposed to be doing. Today was supposed to be one of the best days of our lives... After a 400+ day...

Madisyn, monday 20-Apr-20 26 1
D
Covid19: Signing papers anyways?
Danielle, On April 15, 2020 at 19:35

Hi everyone! My heart goes out to all the future brides out there. 💗 My fiancé and I are most likely going to just sign papers on our wedding date which is May 29 with just our parents and siblings in...

Danielle, thursday 7-May-20 17 1
Vanny
Postponed wedding couples
Vanny, On April 12, 2020 at 00:33

I know no words or any kind of uplifting will change the fact that your weddings had to be postponed, but for those who did have to push their wedding back, have you guys planned anything to do on the...

Vanny, tuesday 14-Apr-20 11
Cassie
Wedding Dresses
Cassie, On April 8, 2020 at 10:37

Hello brides Let’s share our dresses on this post to bring some positivity back into our bridal experiences! Here is me in mine! 🥰

Grance, monday 8-Jun-20 45
Kirsten
i don't know what to wear! Eloping.
Kirsten, On April 7, 2020 at 18:39

Hello Everyone, As I am sure everyone is aware...we are in a pandemic. My fiancé and I were supposed to get married on April 25, 2020. Well our venue is closed until May and gatherings over 15 people...

Taylor, sunday 19-Apr-20 8
Kelsie
covid - Original Wedding Date Celebration
Kelsie, On April 6, 2020 at 14:08

COVID has been a familiar word for the past month now, and unfortunately its created a ton of sadness with respect to weddings. We are still hopeful our July 18 date will go ahead, but we know it also...

Britt, monday 20-Apr-20 22
Kristen
New Invite
Kristen, On April 3, 2020 at 17:59

New invitations, I never thought I would be having to remake them... But here I am. Unfortunately it is the hand that many of us Brides have been delt. Having to make the decision to either postpone...

Ashley, thursday 9-Apr-20 11
J
June weddings
Jordan, On April 1, 2020 at 17:48

How are we all feeling about June weddings right now? I'm freaking out about having to postpone for a second time.

Ashley, thursday 9-Apr-20 8
Shawna
How has your Venue handled the Covid-19
Shawna, On March 29, 2020 at 17:35

Hey, I am wondering if anyone can give feedback if your wedding was cancelled or postponed because of COVID how did the venue handle this?> Full deposits? Postponed options? I'm curious if anyone...

Kirsten, monday 30-Mar-20 5
Sharon
2 ceremonies because of Covid-19?
Sharon, On March 28, 2020 at 23:33

Hi all, Another corona bride here seeking some advice. Our wedding is on May 7th, 2020. I've canceled my bridal shower, bachelorette and all other bridal festivities. Although all municipalities are...

Amelia, monday 30-Mar-20 12
M
Cancellation rant
Megan, On March 28, 2020 at 12:24

So I’ve already said this before but due to Covid-19 we’re most likely postponing our wedding but we have to wait for our flights to be officially cancelled. We are due to get married on our...

Ashley, thursday 2-Apr-20 9
Briana
What to do with items that have old date?
Briana, On March 27, 2020 at 13:00

Hi All! Here’s a question to the COVID-19 brides who’ve had to change their wedding date. What did or are you going to do with all of the items that have your old date on them? For example, we have...

Ashley, thursday 9-Apr-20 16
Veronica
Food options for cancelled wedding?
Veronica, On March 18, 2020 at 13:15

Covid-19 canceled my wedding on April 4th. Me and my fiancé are planning on renting a B&B and do a small elopement there. And when things are clear have a party then. Just wondering what brides...

Ashley, friday 20-Mar-20 12
M
Looks like we’re postponing...
Megan, On March 18, 2020 at 13:43

Well it’s looking more and more like we’ll be postponing our wedding due to covid-19. My sister in law who is a flight attendant for the airline we are flying to our destination wedding with, has just...

Ashley, thursday 9-Apr-20 4
Megan
Covid-19 Wedding Cancellations & Rebooking
Megan, On March 17, 2020 at 11:10

Hi all! Well we've officially had to cancel our April 4 wedding. Our venue is closed for events, our caterer is quarantined, and both our parents are high risk. We're still going to try and legally...

Linttvar, sunday 14-Jun-20 87 1
Syl
Covid-19: two weddings?
Syl, On March 15, 2020 at 23:53

Hi everyone! Like every other spring bride, I am freaking out about this coronavirus ruining my wedding plans. Originally we were supposed to have a destination wedding in Jamaica at the end of March....

Ashley, friday 20-Mar-20 5
Sadia
Covid-19 + wedding season
Sadia, On March 11, 2020 at 23:31

I feel like this conversation was bound to come up. Any brides on here that are *starting* to get a little alarmed/concerned that the virus might interfere with their wedding? Do they even offer...

Amanda, friday 19-Jun-20 267 10
Lynne
Concerned about effects of pandemic on upcoming wedding?
Lynne, On March 15, 2020 at 18:12

Is anyone getting married soon and concerned about the Coronavirus pandemic?

Vanny, monday 13-Apr-20 53 1
Madisyn
Destination Wedding Amid Pandemic - Nightmare!!
Madisyn, On March 13, 2020 at 14:19

Just when I thought I reached my wits end with wedding planning, the world gets hit with a pandemic to make matters worse. To say that I've been stressed with only weeks left until our destination...

Vinod, monday 16-Mar-20 19
Jessica
Coronavirus
Jessica, On March 11, 2020 at 14:52

Anyone else worried that our weddings may get cancelled or vendors may cancel on us due to the outbreak? I know it's only March..and 4 months is a ways away.. but all these dooms day quacks have me...

Jessica, tuesday 31-Mar-20 18
Shauna
Leaving rings on for yoga or gym?
Shauna, On March 4, 2020 at 09:53

I usually leave my engagement ring at home when I go to yoga or the gym, but sometimes I go right after work, so I still have my ring on. The yoga studio I got to doesn't have lockers, just cubbies,...

Shauna, sunday 22-Aug-21 19
Heidi
Coronavirus
Heidi, On March 4, 2020 at 05:31

Anyone getting married in the next few months concerned about traveling due to coronavirus? We were hoping for Europe so.. thoughts?

Kaye, wednesday 18-Mar-20 18
Veronica
Writing Your Own Vows
Veronica, On February 12, 2020 at 15:27

Hello WW Friends! FH and I decided to take a stab at writing our own vows - although we are not going to keep them secret and quite probably going to work on them together because that is just what we...

BettyBass, tuesday 1-Sep-20 12 1
Alanna
Guest List Etiquette for Destination Wedding
Alanna, On February 12, 2020 at 11:00

Hello everyone, I'm hoping some couples can give some advice on wedding destination guest list etiquette. As a mixed Canadian/Italian couple, we have decided to get married in Italy for numerous...

Ashley, tuesday 10-Mar-20 15
Cliodhna
How many Valentine's have you celebrated together?
Cliodhna, On February 10, 2020 at 09:05

This question requires some math for this one! Will this be your first Valentine’s together? Or have you been together so long that you have your own Valentine’s traditions? How many Valentine's have...

Amelia, saturday 15-Feb-20 21
Jaime
Bridal Party Problems
Jaime, On February 4, 2020 at 09:29

I don't know if this is normal - but I have had quite a tough time with my bridal party. When I thought I as going to become a bride-zilla since I am a very precise planner and need things done at a...

Allison, wednesday 5-Feb-20 5
Veronica
Bouquet Inspiration!
Veronica, On January 28, 2020 at 11:17

Hello Wedding Wire friends! Ever since I was a little girl, I have dreamed of my wedding day and in every single one of those day dreams, I always have a gorgeous beautiful scent filled bouquet. There...

Ashley, thursday 6-Feb-20 26
Kelsie
Centrepiece Pics!
Kelsie, On January 28, 2020 at 13:15

Hellllo WW! I've finally booked a time to have my demo floral/decor set up at my venue in a few months! Starting to feel real! I had a vision in my head of my floral centrepieces, but my floral/decor...

Ashley, wednesday 5-Feb-20 9
Madisyn
Ceremony decor inspo!
Madisyn, On January 28, 2020 at 16:28

I can't stop thinking about saying "I do" oceanside during our beach ceremony in 2 months! We wanted to keep our decor simple so as not to take away from the natural beauty of the tropics. We will be...

Ashley, thursday 6-Feb-20 5 95
Geneviève
Dresses - Inspo and share your own!
Geneviève, On January 27, 2020 at 17:09

Dress shopping is a notable experience for brides to be, except sometimes it can seem so daunting. Where does one even start!? This thread is a great place to share everything all about the dress!...

Amanda, friday 21-Feb-20 56 1

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics