Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Shauna
Curious October 2021 Ontario

Leaving rings on for yoga or gym?

Shauna, on March 4, 2020 at 09:53 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 19
I usually leave my engagement ring at home when I go to yoga or the gym, but sometimes I go right after work, so I still have my ring on. The yoga studio I got to doesn't have lockers, just cubbies, so I don't feel great about leaving it with my things. Does anyone leave their engagement ring on their finger for yoga/hot yoga/gym? I'm paranoid about damaging the ring, maybe by putting too much pressure on the band during down dog or gorilla asana or something.... What do you do? Thanks!!

19 Comments

Latest activity by Shauna, on August 22, 2021 at 17:13
  • Shauna
    Shauna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That's brilliant!! 😍
  • D
    Newbie June 2023 Ontario
    Dawn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I invented a product for this very reason! The Ring Keeper! I attach my Ring Keeper to my yoga bag and my gym bag, so I always know where to find my ring! You should check it out

Leaving rings on for yoga or gym? 1

Smiley smile http://www.dherese.com
  • Megan
    Beginner September 2022 Alberta
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I take my rings off and put them on the necklace I wear everyday. It might look a little funny, but people at the gym or yoga don't really care. Ive also seen some people, like doctors and nurses, pin them to their top on the inside with a safety pin.

• Sasha
    Frequent user June 2020 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am paranoid and take my ring off every time I go to the gym or play tennis. I also dont like the feeling of sweat on my ring.

• Shauna
    Shauna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks for the input everyone. I feel comforted knowing a lot of people just leave it on and have no problem. I also really like the idea of wearing it around my neck. So I made this adjustable sliding knot cord that I can just crow-hitch my ring onto before class! Leaving rings on for yoga or gym? 2

Leaving rings on for yoga or gym? 3

• Laura
    Devoted June 2022 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I too am paranoid. I do Pilates mostly after work and I take my ring off and keep it with my cell phone to make sure I put it back on after the class. Otherwise, if its a weekend I leave it at home to avoid the risk.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think you'll be fine to keep it on for yoga. I go to a smaller gym (no GoodLife or Fit4Less) and I use quite a lot of dumbbells and barbells when working out so I always take my ring off. I have a special pouch in my gym bag that I put my ring in so that it doesn't bounce around my bag or get lost. I pretty much know everyone at my gym so I am not concerned. If you have a bag you can put it in and have the bag near you then that may be an option. Otherwise, I would invest in some silicone rings and wear those on the days that you know you are going right after work.

• Kaitlyn
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Kaitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I keep mine on ALL the time - I feel so awkward taking it off

• Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I keep mine on all the time even during yoga and stuff. I’ve never heard of them breaking during physical activity? Ive heard of a diamond falling out but that can happen anytime
  • Shayla
    Beginner June 2023 Alberta
    Shayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I usually take my ring off and put it in my purse. Eventually I'd like to get a silicone ring for when I'm at the gym. I like the idea of wearing it around your neck though.
  • Amanda
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have a martial arts club as well as go to the gym and never take my ring off. If I have to take it off everytime I do any sort of activity I would only be wearing it when I went to bed and what's the fun in that?
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I always wear my ring to both. i NEVER or super rarely take it off

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't take off my rings when I go to the gym. I think your ring would be durable enough to be fine with wearing during yoga.

• M
    Frequent user August 2020 Ontario
    Msss ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My friend puts her ring on a chain and wears that when she teaches (visual arts) or works out.
  • Stefanie
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I never take my rings off when I do Yoga. I am always worried that I will lose it if I take it off. I've never had an issue with anything though, so I wouldnt worry too much
  • Madisyn
    Expert February 2020 Ontario
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have silicone rings, but I also have silicone ring covers! They just slip on overtop of your rings so they're protected while you workout. I got mine from Ring Wrapper. Highly recommend!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I bought a silicone ring to wear while at the gym - but I also wear a necklace all the time that is just a chain. That way, when I go the gym I can just put the rings on the chain and wear it during the workout! (My gym has lockers but I'm still too paranoid to leave it in them...)

• Megan
    Frequent user April 2021 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I teach fitness. I usually leave my rings on, but I totally get why you wouldn't want to. Can you take it off and leave it at the top of your mat?

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I bought a silicone ring from enso for yoga and the gym. I change it at home, I've got a little ring holder so I don't lose it. It's super comfortable and helps me not panic that I've lost my ring.

I've forgotten a few times and I just wear my ring during my workout. It's only been a problem if I need to make a fist (adjusted planks or any kind of boxing or hand weights). It's also a tad distracting during warrior position where I just want to watch it sparkle instead of focusing 😉

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics