Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jessica
Beginner July 2023 Alberta

Coronavirus

Jessica, on March 11, 2020 at 14:52 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 18
Anyone else worried that our weddings may get cancelled or vendors may cancel on us due to the outbreak? I know it's only March..and 4 months is a ways away.. but all these dooms day quacks have me nervous now... Anyone else? 🥺

18 Comments

Latest activity by Jessica, on March 31, 2020 at 18:06
  • Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    How is everyone feeling about it now that a couple weeks have gone by? I'm still on the fence over here with what to do
  • Haylee
    Frequent user July 2020 Ontario
    Haylee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My wedding is at the end of July in my church, under 100 people, so I’m not too concerned. Worse case scenario, we would still go ahead with the wedding with our close family. I really do feel for you guys with international locations and different vendors. Can’t imagine the stress that this mass hysteria is causing you all. I think in the coming weeks we’ll see this die down. When the virus infects enough people in the area (young people often have no symptoms too), it will soon after dissipate. Along with the warmer weather coming, I think things will calm down by summer. I however am waiting to book our honeymoon until it does. We wanted to do Quebec City, but I’m going to wait and see how this all pans out. Everyone relax and take a deep breath, and remember it’s the marriage to your love that really matters, not the big event around it. ❤️
  • Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I really hope everything works out for you then! Deep breaths! 😔
  • Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Completely understandable. Hopefully you don't have to cancel!
  • N
    Newbie March 2020 Ontario
    Nahid ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our wedding is on March 28th and I don't know if it will still happen. I know for a fact my family is and other guests are worried and wondering themselves if the wedding will still happen. At this point, if the outbreak continues and the numbers don't slow down, it may have to be postponed. This really suck but I'm trying not to stress about it too much and stay positive. I know our health is far more important and if we have to postpone is then we will.

• Stefanie
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yea, although I get it can be harder said than done especially when so much is already invested.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Last night my province announced it's first case which has been a little scary. The case is close to FH's grandmothers who are both high risk. The case also traveled to an area that my boss was recently near and I hope they didn't share a flight or I will have to cancel so many meetings and court appearances for him in an excess of caution (not to mention the risk of exposure to myself and the people I've been near)

Wedding wise I'm mostly worried that travel restrictions will keep my fiance's family from being there. If we have to have a smaller wedding, or just have the family that can make it there we will still have our wedding.
    I also won't be heartbroken if we need to change the date. My biggest worry then would be the stress of re coordinating the cake, venue, photographer etc. but we would make it work.
    Try not to worry too much, all we can do now is try to delay the spread to keep the hospitals from getting overwhelmed so that more people get the care they need when they catch it.
  • Laura
    Devoted June 2022 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes, you’re right about that. By the summer, the virus won’t be a concern once we get some hot weather! We just need to stay calm until then!
  • Heidi
    Frequent user July 2020 British Columbia
    Heidi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yeah, things seem to be getting way worse
  • Stefanie
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm not overly worried. I mean we do have some family flying in for our wedding in August, but they live in Holland. I work at a hospital and really you must have to ensure that you use hand sanitizer, wash your hands, and stay home when your sick. This is been kinda blow out of proportion especially with the media.

The girls and I from work have also read that the virus cant survive in hot temperatures, so maybe when summer hits we will see a decrease in cases.
  • J
    Beginner June 2020 Saskatchewan
    Jordan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am slightly worried as my wedding is in 16 days. I am trying so hard to breath but it is so scary for me. We will not get anything back should it be canceled and will not be able to afford another wedding
  • Beatriz
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Beatriz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly I wasn’t worried until today! Not because of the actual virus but because of the bans on public gatherings and visa border stuff. I’m freaking out inside. I have people coming in from out of country and I’m worried that they won’t be able to get in to Canada. I would be crushed if they put a ban on large gatherings here. Hoping it won’t get to that. If it came down to it, I would be going ahead with a small ceremony with parents only and do a reception at a later date 🤷🏻‍♀️ Just hoping it won’t come to that.
  • Madisyn
    Expert February 2020 Ontario
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding is in 4 weeks in Punta Cana and we're definitely feeling concerned/stressed! If you're doing a local wedding then hopefully everything will die down in the next few months and your event will go on as scheduled! Try not to worry too much!
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Nope not worried. I think there is a mass hysteria going around and it is creating panic. July is still ages away! The best thing to do is read articles from reliable sources, not just news headlines. And just let time pass. That is how I feel about it at least.

• Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I don't.. but the virus is spreading beyond those places now and is here in Alberta already. I guess only time will tell.
  • Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yah I definitely want to make sure I'm insured if any of my vendors cancel or the venue does.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Unless yuo have family flying in from italy or china i wouldnt worry much. people are getting out of control about this

• Alexandra
    Frequent user February 2022 Quebec
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you’re worried check your vendor contracts and maybe get in touch to see if it’s possible to postpone if needed. However, 4 months is a while away and we dont know what will happen by then. Monitor the situation but try not to worry too much, it could blow over by then

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics