Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Shawna
Beginner October 2021 Alberta

How has your Venue handled the Covid-19

Shawna, on March 29, 2020 at 17:35 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 5

Hey,

I am wondering if anyone can give feedback if your wedding was cancelled or postponed because of COVID how did the venue handle this?> Full deposits? Postponed options? I'm curious if anyone had their wedding at the zoo cancelled.

5 Comments

Latest activity by Kirsten, on March 30, 2020 at 21:07
  • Kirsten
    Frequent user April 2020 Alberta
    Kirsten ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ours originally stated that the refund was up to management and that they would have to see but due to COVID they actually shut themselves down and returned our deposit because they will not even be open during the time we were going to have the wedding.
  • S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our venue is great and doing everything possible to accommodate. They offered to postpone to any date available, along with the same prices from our contract. Also they are open to having a smaller group with no effect on prices or penalties. They are reaching out to everyone personally to check on them. It has really help ease my mind.

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our venue has said they'll reschedule wedding dates but cannot refund deposits in case of cancellations.

• Madisyn
    Expert February 2020 Ontario
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had a destination wedding booked and we ended up getting all of our money back from the resort. We feel very fortunate that they were so generous! It only took a bit of hassle.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It seems the venues lost so much business lately. They would work with the couple to postpone the date without paying the penalty and for the same price being a busy season. Refunds would be given back to the couple if they were closing their business not wanting to provide the space in the mean time.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics