Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kirsten
Frequent user April 2020 Alberta

i don't know what to wear! Eloping.

Kirsten, on April 7, 2020 at 18:39 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 8

Hello Everyone,

As I am sure everyone is aware...we are in a pandemic. My fiancé and I were supposed to get married on April 25, 2020. Well our venue is closed until May and gatherings over 15 people are not permitted. My fiancé and I are both first responders so we decided we are going to Elope, this weekend the 11th! Nobody but my dad knows, but he doesn't know when. we were still going to get married on the 25th with just family but due to how quickly things changed with his parents in nova scotia and my mom being extremely immunocompromised we made this decision and we made the decision not to tell my mother until after, I know that this is not what a lot of people would choose however she has been insistant that despite everything going on she was going to be there and the last time she got a normal case of pneumonia, let alone one with no treatment history, she was in the ICU in a coma for 5 days, I can not risk her health especially since we deal with the public daily still. So it will be me, my groom, the officiant and two witnesses. I don't know what to wear, yes I have my dress but it seems way to formal for the situation and I feel like it will not feel the same. But also currently all retail stores are closed and online ordering would not come in on time. I need suggestions and also is it ok to not wear white?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Taylor, on April 19, 2020 at 14:21
  • Taylor
    Devoted October 2021 Alberta
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You wear whatever makes you feel beautiful! My stepmom got married in a purple maxi dress and it was perfect. You dont have to wear white even if you dont want to.
  • Kirsten
    Kirsten ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Actually I just worse a dress from my closet. We eloped this past weekend! Thanks!
  • L
    Frequent user July 2020 Ontario
    LJ Hisey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was searching for dresses like this the other day as we are planning a small wedding instead of our large wedding because of Covid.

I actually found that Davids Bridal had really cute plain simple dresses...I know my bridesmaid here in Ontario ordered her dress here and it came within a week. I wonder if there is expedited shipping!

Another option is BHLDN, I have ordered here and they have come quickly and also Lulus...they have a whole bridal section.

I think your idea is romantic, and I think that the number one thing is the health of everyone involved. Good luck!

• Kirsten
    Kirsten ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Beautiful dress! I have one I think I'm gonna a wear and he has a nice suit. I just wanna make the most of what we can.
  • Kirsten
    Kirsten ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yah our photographer isn't coming because of everything going on nobody is really available so we will be recreating wedding photos with the family and dress/outfit later on
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Eloping is excellent given you two have the marriage license and going ahead with your Officiant on board. Your moms health is important to know she is ok and you feel comfortable with her being taken care of in the hospital. Arranging with your present photographer and videographer to do elope wedding package would be great to adjust their schedule to come out for you.

As for the wedding dress, you can wear it for the photos and video if you wish to send pictures out and to have a slide show for the reception postponed to celebrate. If no photographer/videographer are coming out, wearing one your dress in the closet seems fit and formal at the same time.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For a quick dress maybe you could find one on FB market place? But of course it doesn't haaaave to be white. It can be anything you want it to be - doesn't even have to be a dress imo. If it makes you feel like a bride and you get giddy thinking of wearing it on your elopement/wedding day then it's the outfit for you.

• Madisyn
    Expert February 2020 Ontario
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got legally married at the courthouse on Valentine's day and I wore a dress I already owned. I would suggest you wear something in your closet that makes you feel beautiful! Dress up like it's a special occasion, and match your hubby if possible. My husband got a tie to match my dress and it made me feel like we out some thought and effort into our outfits.
    i don't know what to wear! Eloping. 1

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics