Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Veronica
Frequent user April 2020 British Columbia

Food options for cancelled wedding?

Veronica, on March 18, 2020 at 13:15 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 12
Covid-19 canceled my wedding on April 4th. Me and my fiancé are planning on renting a B&B and do a small elopement there. And when things are clear have a party then. Just wondering what brides are doing for food if they are still having a small party.

12 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on March 20, 2020 at 17:21
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

And take out from your fav place!!!

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Omg sooo sorry to hear!!! but this great! you can always do a reception (bigger one) later on in the year

• D
    Frequent user June 2020 Saskatchewan
    Dawn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Great idea!
  • Veronica
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah if we do serve food it will be individual packaged meals
  • D
    Dawn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I hadnt thought of this!
  • Veronica
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I would just be worried about contamination with serving the food.
  • D
    Dawn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are debating on potluck style food if our wedding gets canceled.
  • Veronica
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Think that’s my plan 😊
  • Megan
    Frequent user April 2021 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're planning take out from a small local restaurant, if they're still allowed to offer this service. If not, we'll just eat cake and drink champagne Smiley smile

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hearing the news is terrible and the amount of time with all the hard work put into it. I can understand the business point of view too. A solution to getting married is wonderful to hear as you are willing to elope and celebrate with others when everything goes back to normal. Catering is one way to order based on what you want to serve. Premade assorted platters at supermarkets are another source to buy and serve to avoid platters cleaned afterwards. Wedding cake is something you will want to get done as 2 tiers to have enough with your dessert selection put out on the table.
  • Arexy
    Devoted October 2020 Ontario
    Arexy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wow I’m so sorry to hear! The elopement sounds like a lovely plan B for the time being. If you are thinking about doing appetizers, you could keep it simple with cold dishes only. Perhaps charcuterie meats and cheeses? Olives and pickles to garnish! Pinterest has a lot of charcuterie inspo. For the entree, you could do chicken parm? Quick and simple, so many recipes to choose from. Are you hoping for a full sit down meal, or snackies?
  • Madisyn
    Expert February 2020 Ontario
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm so sorry you had to cancel. 😞 We had to cancel our April 11th destination wedding. We are still planning to have a small-ish last minute wedding in my hometown when this all clears up. We will be doing it at a public city venue that has a kitchen. My Mom and a few ladies in my life will be making all the food, and they're planning Greek - chicken, potatoes, spinach pie, pita with hummus and tzaziki, salad, etc. They're also getting us a wedding cake. Alternatively, we had a small legal wedding in February and just reserved 30 places at our favourite restaurant.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics