Skip to main content
Stephanie
Stephanie

Edmonton, Alberta · From October 2016

Once upon a time, in a small-town land, there lived a little girl named Stephanie. She wanted to be a princess so much so, that for career day in grade 1,... View more

Once upon a time, in a small-town land, there lived a little girl named Stephanie. She wanted to be a princess so much so, that for career day in grade 1, she dressed up as a princess. As she grew older, she realized the downside of being an actual princess, but didn't give up on that fairy tale ending. While she waited for her Prince Charming, Stephanie went to university where she started playing hockey. She started cheering for the Pittsburgh Penguins, because penguins are so cool! She quietly went about her business, graduating school, moving to Montreal for a year to volunteer, and moving back to pursue a job working with low income children, and a little later at a homeless shelter. Eventually, Stephanie decided to take on a big adventure and move across the country! She quit her jobs, packed up her car, and made the 5-day trek to Edmonton, Alberta. After a year living in the big city, she met her Prince Charming! It wasn't love at first sight, but it was interest at first date! One date was all she needed to know that she had met the man of her dreams. This is not the end of the story. This is only the beginning of her happily ever after!

Happily married 🎉

July 7, 2018

2091days 21hrs

Discussions

Stephanie
Plans to revisit venue?
Stephanie of Just married, On January 8, 2020 at 14:13

Has anyone revisited, or plans to revisit, their wedding venue or hotel? We have not been back to our venue, even though we have talked about going to the cafe there many times. We are planning on...

Gloria, saturday 18-Jan-20 13 157 1
Stephanie
Advice for a happy marriage
Stephanie of Before the wedding, On March 17, 2018 at 01:41

I am going to a shower for a friend coming up and her mom wants to give her a little "advice book". Anyone receive any good advice? Advice to avoid? Also, I found this article on advice from grade...

Sarah, thursday 13-Jun-19 13 180
Stephanie
Guestzillas!
Stephanie of Plan a wedding, On April 15, 2019 at 13:39

On the radio this morning, they were talking about guestzillas! Guests who have behaved poorly at an event. One caller said they had set up a video camera at their wedding reception, and one of the...

Emily, sunday 12-May-19 22 639
Stephanie
New Signature
Stephanie of Just married, On January 30, 2019 at 16:49

One thing that I didn’t really consider was that when I changed my name, I would also be changing the way I sign my name! I went to get my new drivers license and when she said “sign here” I looked,...

Stephanie-Marie, friday 22-Mar-19 41 2,550
Stephanie
What part of planning has taken up the most of your time?
Stephanie of Plan a wedding, On November 30, 2018 at 21:17

There's lots to think about when wedding planning! What task would you say you have spent the most time on? I think for me, it was finding a venue. I looked up and e-mailed pretty much every venue in...

Paige, saturday 29-Dec-18 27 308
Stephanie
Unmotivated to write thank you's!
Stephanie of Just married, On November 30, 2018 at 21:06

I NEED to get these done! We got married 5 months ago, got our photos back 1.5 months ago. I'm not motivated to write them though! We wanted to include photos in our thank you cards since we got group...

Maegan, tuesday 4-Dec-18 9 121
Stephanie
Favourite wedding/shower gift
Stephanie of Before the wedding, On November 30, 2018 at 21:11

I know it's not nice to pick favourites but has anyone received a gift that really stuck out? For me, I had a friend draw one of our engagement photos. It's so beautiful and so close to the original...

Stephanie, tuesday 4-Dec-18 6 93
Stephanie
What's on your December to-do?
Stephanie of Plan a wedding, On November 30, 2018 at 21:14

How many items are you hoping to cross off your planning list in December? Last year, I took off most of the month just to enjoy my birthday and all the holiday parties, get-togethers, and family...

Peggy, monday 3-Dec-18 16 127
Stephanie
How much wedding stuff is still in your house?
Stephanie of Just married, On October 31, 2018 at 14:37

How much of your wedding stuff do you still have? How much is displayed? My mom dried my bouquet, we have a couple flower pots on our mantel, and a word cloud I had made using our wedding colours and...

Donna, friday 16-Nov-18 6 116
Stephanie
How are your vows coming?
Stephanie of Wedding ceremony, On October 28, 2018 at 01:56

Who's writing their own vows? Have you started yet? How many drafts until you feel you perfected them? Are you staying serious or including some humour? Are you letting anyone else read them? Are you...

Alexis, friday 2-Nov-18 11 132
Stephanie
Receiving Gifts in Wedding Colours
Stephanie of Before the wedding, On October 7, 2018 at 07:19

Has anyone else noticed they have been receiving gifts in their wedding colours? I’m not complaining, I chose colours I liked. But for Christmas last year, my MIL bought us a bunch of things for our...

BunnyBride, saturday 20-Oct-18 6 168
Stephanie
Wedding Horror Stories: Want to hear about them or not?
Stephanie of Plan a wedding, On October 14, 2018 at 19:43

When I was planning my wedding, I started listening to a podcast that shared some of the most drama-filled, everything goes wrong, horror wedding stories! I enjoyed listening to those stories and some...

Tracy, friday 19-Oct-18 8 174
Stephanie
You’re wedding dreams as a child versus your actual wedding
Stephanie of Plan a wedding, On October 6, 2018 at 14:40

Who all thought of their wedding as they were growing up? Do you remember any of your plans from your childhood? Is there anything you are actually doing that you had dreamed about doing growing up?...

Sara, tuesday 9-Oct-18 12 133
Stephanie
It’s Thanksgiving! What are you thankful for during the planning process?
Stephanie of Plan a wedding, On October 6, 2018 at 14:35

Happy Thanksgiving! It’s the time of year to state all that you are grateful for! During your planning, engagement what have you been thankful for? For me, it was all the people who were willing to...

Jennifer, tuesday 9-Oct-18 11 77
Stephanie
Shared account or separate?
Stephanie of Living together, On January 2, 2018 at 14:03

Sorry if this question is too personal! Just wanting to get an idea of pros and cons of sharing a bank account or keeping separate ones. Thanks.

Vinod, sunday 12-Aug-18 20 267
Stephanie
Learning new things through the years
Stephanie of Living together, On March 13, 2018 at 01:40

Anyone learn anything surprising about their significant other after years of being together? My dad just revealed to my mom that he didn't really like mushrooms. And my mom has been cooking with...

Vinod, sunday 12-Aug-18 13 131
Stephanie
Getting time to yourself
Stephanie of Living together, On February 7, 2018 at 14:08

Hey all, My fiance and I do not live together so right now we each have our own house to go to. I am the type of person who just needs time to myself to rewind and re-energize. Sometimes, an entire...

Vinod, sunday 12-Aug-18 19 168
Stephanie
Sleep Talkers!
Stephanie of Living together, On July 27, 2018 at 13:50

Anyone else living with someone who talks in their sleep? Or is a sleep talker themself? My husband and I didn't live together before, but I had never heard him talk. He talked every single night on...

Alexandra, wednesday 8-Aug-18 13 125
Stephanie
Holiday-themed Weddings
Stephanie of Plan a wedding, On July 26, 2018 at 18:17

Anyone having a holiday-themed wedding? I wouldn't say it was our theme, but each table wrote us notes, date ideas, advice, and we will open them on a designated holiday or special occasion. But,...

Amanda, saturday 28-Jul-18 11 108
Stephanie
diy Fail!
Stephanie of DIY, On June 23, 2018 at 14:04

So, we spray painted flower pots to use as decor down the aisle and as centrepieces. But, spray painting is hard! And, it came out blotchy on most of them. Not very obvious in the picture, but you can...

Candice, wednesday 25-Jul-18 10 210
Stephanie
Bride and Groom Speech
Stephanie of Wedding reception, On July 1, 2018 at 17:29

What is everyone including in their speech? I always thought it was more of a "thank you" but my fiance wants to include more. So, we are each telling our side of the story about how we met (pretty...

Jessie, tuesday 10-Jul-18 11 361
Stephanie
Warning: engagement photos ahead!
Stephanie of Before the wedding, On July 1, 2018 at 17:01

Just had to share some of our engagement photos!

Kay, tuesday 10-Jul-18 14 194
Stephanie
Bad Timing for medication!
Stephanie of Before the wedding, On June 29, 2018 at 14:47

I’m feeling a little bummed today. I’m getting married in 8 days and yesterday went to the doctor and was prescribed meds that I cannot drink while I’m taking them. I debated just starting the meds...

Helen, tuesday 3-Jul-18 12 187
Stephanie
Need hashtag help? Hashily ever after
Stephanie of Plan a wedding, On July 1, 2018 at 16:42

I just heard about this website on a podcast. Hashily Ever After. This couple creates hashtags for you. No idea about the turn around time or how many questions they ask. Here are a few examples they...

Sarah, sunday 1-Jul-18 1 78
Stephanie
For those who changed your last name...
Stephanie of Just married, On December 10, 2017 at 23:34

For those of you who changed your name, what was it like the first time you wrote your new name? Did you accidentally write your old last name? Did it look weird? Did it take a while to come up with a...

Lor, thursday 28-Jun-18 14 151
Stephanie
Dream honeymoon destination vs. reality
Stephanie of Honeymoon, On May 21, 2018 at 03:31

We booked our honeymoon yesterday! We are renting an Airbnb on an island off BC. It says it's private, close to the water (although not right on the water according to pictures!), and neither of us...

Sydney, wednesday 20-Jun-18 23 211
Stephanie
3 weeks from the wedding...is it too late to invite someone else?
Stephanie of Plan a wedding, On June 19, 2018 at 00:59

Someone that RSVP'd yes is now not coming. Numbers are already in. A high school friend reached out to me today on Facebook. She has recently moved to the same city as me and wants to meet up. We were...

Rachael, wednesday 20-Jun-18 7 521
Stephanie
Last meeting with our photographers!
Stephanie of Plan a wedding, On June 19, 2018 at 01:04

We met with our photographers tonight for one final "this is how our day looks and what we want". I am super excited to have them photograph our wedding! They just did a wedding at our venue on the...

Bianca, wednesday 20-Jun-18 9 108
Stephanie
If you had a job in the wedding industry...
Stephanie of WeddingWire, On December 19, 2017 at 13:38

What would it be? Dress designer? Officiant? Photographer? Someone who constantly tells the bride how gorgeous she is? This is your time to imagine/dream!

Geneviève, thursday 14-Jun-18 19 109
Stephanie
Should i go for a second hair trial?
Stephanie of Beauty, On June 10, 2018 at 18:37

I recently went for my hair trial. I wanted a full updo. I have since changed my mind and only want half up. The way my updo was, she started by putting the top half up so I know the updo part will be...

Courtney, monday 11-Jun-18 7 253
Stephanie
Surprise Bachelorette!
Stephanie of Before the wedding, On May 17, 2018 at 01:22

My MOH planned my bachelorette party and wouldn't tell me anything about it! Turns out, she had planned for us to go the dinner theatre! Something her and I have done a few times. I was actually...

Tyler, sunday 10-Jun-18 14 179
Stephanie
Favourite Dance Songs?
Stephanie of Wedding reception, On June 4, 2018 at 02:12

We are not having a DJ so will be creating a playlist for the dance. We will be using Spotify but would like to download the majority of the songs beforehand. What are your favourite dance songs?...

Lynnie, friday 8-Jun-18 4 80

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics