Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephanie
Master July 2018 Alberta

Unmotivated to write thank you's!

Stephanie, on November 30, 2018 at 21:06 Posted in Just married 0 9

I NEED to get these done! We got married 5 months ago, got our photos back 1.5 months ago. I'm not motivated to write them though! We wanted to include photos in our thank you cards since we got group photos with all our guests so that's part of the reason I've delayed.

How do you motivate yourself to complete a task you're not looking forward to>

9 Comments

Latest activity by Maegan, on December 4, 2018 at 09:22
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Same boat! We didn’t get our photos back until the day before we left on our honeymoon 2 months after the wedding... and then we were on our honeymoon backpacking Europe for 2 months. And then we got back and life was chaos for a month trying to get back into the swing of this at work and life stuff.

So now here we are 6 months after the wedding trying to get them done. I just try and do 4 or 5 a night. So it’s not a huge amount of time but over a couple weeks they will get done!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My god, this is brilliant! For sure will be stealing this!

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Asking for a photo is a good idea. I feel like I was more motivated right after my wedding. I needed to wait until we got our photos back so that I could include some group shots of our guests in the thank you cards. One of the reason I wanted those was so that guests would have a momento. But, I didn’t consider the motivation factor!

Takeout is a good idea, although we decided we reached our takeout quota for the year...maybe one more for the thank you night would inspire us!

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

He’ll be writing some of them as well! But he’s not any more motivated to write them than I am. That template is really helpful, thanks!

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Couldn't you split them with your Hubby? He can do his family, you can do yours or whatever you feel comfortable with?

If he's not sure what to write, you can draw up a template similar to this one:

Unmotivated to write thank you's! 1

I don't think it's fair that you have to write all of them, he was a main part of that day too, and should be helping you with this!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s a great idea to have one photo ready to go the day after the wedding! I’m going to steal this idea ☺️
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I get my FH to do it! Hahah!!! He has much better writing than me so hes going to be doing anything handwritten! And hes amazing at getting those labour intensive tasks done!!!
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    At this point, it would be the guilt for me... Haha. Courtesy timeline is 'ASAP', or 1-2 months... I'm requesting an immediate edit for one photo for the next morning so I can order thank you cards before we leave on our honeymoon. They should be in soon after we get home, then it will be up to me to make sure they actually get done ASAP...

I say, order some take out one night, or make the hubby cook, so you dont have other chores. Set yourself up a little thank you card station, pour a cup of coffee or glass of wine, and power through. Once you get rolling hopefully you'll find that motivation!

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sit down with a glass of wine and some good music! I also find it’s a lot easier to get things like that done when I’m by myself and can concentrate!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics