Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephanie
Master July 2018 Alberta

Learning new things through the years

Stephanie, on March 13, 2018 at 01:40 Posted in Living together 0 13

Anyone learn anything surprising about their significant other after years of being together? My dad just revealed to my mom that he didn't really like mushrooms. And my mom has been cooking with mushrooms for him for over 30 years! It made me wonder what I will learn about my fiance 30 years down the road...even 5 years down the road.

13 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on August 12, 2018 at 21:45
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My husband as learned a few things within our 1st year of marriage:

1. To be financially responsible and saving most of his tips over spending it on useless things.

2. To be better at listening and action to be prepared for anything.

3. Being quiet when getting me upset and hearing my wrath.

I have learned a few things about him and I such as:

1. Speaking with a foul mouth when has to be firm or not wanting to hear the truth about him (not surprising till this day).

2. I have to ask for breakfast and dinner when its not ready on time whereas it was ready without asking and served.

3. He loves rich foods as I have cut out cheese and rice for the most part except at times. I have cut down my meals and getting enough fruits now a days.

4. TV and electronics take up our spare time as conversations have cut down to boating for him and what needs done around the home and financial reminders for me.

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am constantly learning new things about my FH. We have been together for about 6 years and I think I learn something new every couple of months. The most surprising was probably that he hates long trips and it is only because he doesn't like the idea of being super far from a bathroom. I grew up doing long trips so we are slowly working on this.

• Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My FH is still azmazed at my love for playing piano, my need to keep a journal, dress up for date nights and my aversion to anything spicy, brined or pickled.

what doesn't surprise him: my moods and that i find places to eat that suit our culinary-trained tastebuds.
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh, I assume there is much more under the surface to learn, but we have been living together for 5 years, together for just a couple months longer than that..... So we have been 100% immersed in each other's lives for a long time. I don't think I'll ever narrow down if he really dislikes some foods or not, because like a toddler, he does or doesn't like it depending on the mood he's in when I suggest it... Strange duck.

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Great movie!! Smiley shame

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hahah that's too funny!!

I had no idea how many weird fears / aversions my husband had until we were on our honeymoon! I kept suggesting different water activities and he shot them all down - no scuba diving because he's freaked out by limited air supply (?), and a no to snorkeling because he's not a fan of open water... what??

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hahahaha this is so funny!
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You always learn so much about a person the longer you are together. I learned that my husband has thought about starting a wedding rental company after planning our wedding, he used to do graffiti and he is super picky about what he'll eat as leftovers (I'll eat pretty much anything).

• Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I learned SOOOO much about my FH when we started living. From not knowing how to cook (he told me he cook 1st date), ketchup is his life, he hates hair (esp in the drain), scared of spider, cries when his sick.....list goes on. I feel like every year there's something new I learn about him.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Funny thing, yesterday he was surprised to learn that I know all the songs word-for-word from the movie Grease lol. This is 8 years later and he still underestimates my love for musicals Smiley laugh

• Amanda
    Frequent user September 2018 New Brunswick
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lol. Love this!
    I relatively recently found out that my FH can't stand the smell of peaches due to one time he got really really drunk (and sick) on some kind of peach infused alcohol when he was a teenager.
    So, one day when he'd gotten me particularly mad, I'd gone out to the grocery store/bakery and bought everything peach that I could :p
    Peaches, peach muffins, peach cobbler, tropical (peach) airspray...
    I still pat myself on the back for that one :p
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I recently learned (after dating for 6.5 years) that my FH loves bees and has wanted to be a beekeeper for a long time! .... So now we are taking a beekeeping course together to take up beekeeping as a hobby Smiley smile
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've learned that my fiancé will never remember how to pick up his socks and put them in the laundry basket.. it's been 4.5 years of trying and I anticipate many more

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics