Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephanie
Master July 2018 Alberta

What's on your December to-do?

Stephanie, on November 30, 2018 at 21:14 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 16

How many items are you hoping to cross off your planning list in December?

Last year, I took off most of the month just to enjoy my birthday and all the holiday parties, get-togethers, and family dinners.

Is your December list lighter than other months? Are you planning on taking time off from your planning?

16 Comments

Latest activity by Peggy, on December 3, 2018 at 12:38
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I purposely made December relatively quiet - I'm going to spend some time on my 10 days off at the end of the month sewing my nieces flower girl dresses. It's something I'll enjoy doing, so I don't really view it as 'work'. I also am going to review and update mailing addresses, but that's it.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

NOTHING. taking a break. besides coming on here and chatting with you lovely ladies.

FH's dirty thirty is this coming Friday. plus with Christmas. I didn't want to have to do anything this month. and I'm not.

the most that might happen is paying some more money to vendors. and FMIL is in town for Christmas, so she will probably want to talk about things.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    December is a very busy month for me with work and get togethers. I saved the amounts during the month. This was in 2016.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    December will be busier than most thanks to procrastination Smiley tongue I still have to get a guest list finalized, start finding prizes for our wedding social (in March but I want most baskets done before boxing day so I know what to look for on the 26th), and I need to start looking for bridesmaid dresses!! lol I'm sure there are more things on my list of to-do but I doubt I will get that done before the new year.

• Allen
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Allen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    All of my decorations.i just had my engagement party yesterday
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That’s a great idea! Plus some people choose the new year to raise their rates.

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Finding a photographer/videographer. That is one of the most important things to me, so I'm kinda dreading it. If I have any bridezillas moments, this will be the thing that prompts them for sure.

• Danna
    Newbie August 2019 Alberta
    Danna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m actually booking an appointment with decor rental companies and a couple of florists so I can take advantage of the discounts they are offering to book before the end of year.
  • Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't have too much to do in December, just order invitations and find me a ring. He has one already

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Get save-the-dates ready to send out in January! They are ordered and just have to hunt down a few addresses and make up address labels!

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This month, I think I'll be setting planning aside and just enjoy the holidays. I have so much on my mind already (work, vacation logistics and costs during xmas), I don't need the added stress of wedding planning haha

• E
    Expert December 2018 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Nope it’s my craziest month. Cause I’m getting married!!!! Can’t wait just a few weeks to go.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Just want to get the bridal party outfits ordered!!! That's our big one!
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My December is my "final month" if you don't count the 19 days in January... so my December to-do list is literally: EVERYTHING THAT IS LEFT... lol.

Day of timeline, finalize hair/make up style, get wedding bands, make favours, make signs, get RSVPs, finalize seating chart, get groom gift, get bridesmaid gifts, get parent gifts, must have photo list, dress fitting, tailor grooms tux, pack up centerpieces, start honeymoon packing checklist, DJ playlist, book limos, finalize ceremony ...

That's all I can think of right now... I'm sure there is more... Haha.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ordering my save the dates! I just have to get the edited picture from my photographer and they are good to go so we can send them out after Christmas!
    Once that is done we will take a break from our to do list and just enjoy the holidays!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are celebrating my FHs sisters pregnancy and then trying to book a photographer!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics