Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephanie
Master July 2018 Alberta

How much wedding stuff is still in your house?

Stephanie, on October 31, 2018 at 14:37 Posted in Just married 0 6

How much of your wedding stuff do you still have? How much is displayed?

My mom dried my bouquet, we have a couple flower pots on our mantel, and a word cloud I had made using our wedding colours and some words we use to describe each other.

In our closet, we still have some tulle, signs and leftover hearts and pens from our guestbook. We plan on selling these but haven't had any luck so far.

I also plan on keeping my veil and dress, for sentimental reasons!

What have you kept, or plan on keeping?

What do you have displayed?

What will you keep for sentimental reasons?

6 Comments

Latest activity by Donna, on November 16, 2018 at 10:37
  • Donna
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have heard from other Brides that once their BIG DAY is finished they sell off most of all their things even their dress. Myself on the other hand will be using numbers under the seats so whomever seat has a number can keep the centerpiece, I won't be needing the Lanterns anymore. The flowers can also go with the Lanterns,. I already said to the Caters that whatever is left over from the Reception like water jugs, napkins, extras, the candy bar bowls they can keep it. Since the Ladies that are making our dinner don't get paid we would give them something extra for all their hard work & help. My wedding dress, and beil I will be keepsake that maybe one day my second daughter can have it and change it if she like too. I have a room full of Wedding things, But I haven't gotten married yet, Our Wedding date is July 6th, 2019. My closet alsoand some in and on my china cabnit . lol

• Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I kept my weddign dress and veil, i was inteding to sell them after the wedding, but i just love them! Must of the decor we gave away during the wedding through fun games (hopefully lol). And there are some odds or ends at my moms. But hopefully start to get rid of it slowly.

• Alexis
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm keeping a lot. My dress is currently being cleaned and preserved, some picture frames and marquee letters have turned into home decor, my canvas guestbook is on my wall, I'm working on drying my bouquet and a bunch of other little things will be tucked away in my savor box (https://savor.us/collections/featured-products/products/personalized-wedding-keepsake-box-with-hand-lettered-calligraphy?variant=12247603970138).

Most of my centerpieces went home with our guests, and anything I don't want to keep, I'm trying to sell.
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are going to keep one centrepiece setup and display it somewhere in our house when we get one (which was actually my fiancé’s jdea). We are also going to display our “guestbook” which is a white heart shaped puzzle and we will have our wedding photo in the middle.
    Aside from that it will just be my dress that I keep, maybe my veil.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our champagne flutes are displayed in a showcase with our anniversary cups, saucers and spoons.

Head table decor has been kept and in our bedroom night tables.

A memory box of the wedding small items has been kept for us.

The only thing returned as for rentals was the centerpieces and floral balls.

Selling is the flower baskets brand new and nice one too.
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My centrepiece on my kitchen table right now is my mock-trial of our wedding centrepiece... haha. Our house will be over-run with wedding stuff leading up to it, but I don't know how much will stay there after.

We're going straight to our honeymoon for 2 weeks, so anything that needs after care won't really be an option for us.

I'll have my sister (MOH) refrigerate/preserve our wedding cake tier for me, and take my dress for the time being... but we don't have much space, so leftover crafts and decor will be posted for re-sale tout suite.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics