Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephanie
Master July 2018 Alberta

Receiving Gifts in Wedding Colours

Stephanie, on October 7, 2018 at 07:19 Posted in Before the wedding 0 6

Has anyone else noticed they have been receiving gifts in their wedding colours? I’m not complaining, I chose colours I liked. But for Christmas last year, my MIL bought us a bunch of things for our kitchen. All in our wedding colours. We did receive gifts at our wedding that weren’t on our registry and they also seemed to come in orange and blue. Blue I can see, a lot of things are blue. But then some people asked if it was the right shade of blue. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this.

6 Comments

Latest activity by BunnyBride, on October 20, 2018 at 11:15
  • BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Maybe the guests figured you picked colours you liked for the wedding and they were the safest bet?

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didn't notice that, but I was told by many people that lots of guests will wear our wedding colors on our wedding day, and lots and lots of guests did end up wearing our wedding color or complimentary colors Smiley smile I guess guests read the invitation and see the wedding website and subconsciously start making a connection between those colors and the wedding day! It's kind of silly, but it did prove true for me, and maybe your guests are being similarly affected!!

• S
    Frequent user January 2021 Alberta
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Bahahahaha

We haven't chosen wedding colours yet, but this is so timely since the other day one of my friends was just telling FH and I that both her Mom and MIL got the idea in their heads that she was obsessed with purple since that was what she chose (along with silver and grey) for their wedding colours so for the first like 6 years of their marriage both of them kept buying them purple stuff. She finally had to just tell them lol "I love you Mom/MIL, but this purple thing has got to stop. I like the colour and thought it made a nice wedding colour, but I don't need a house full of nothing but purple!"

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've noticed this too, or that people would buy something doing with peacocks (again part of our theme). I think it's funny but I did pick my theme knowing I would see it a lot and that it would have a lot of meaning to me.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This seems a little odd to me... Our wedding colours are black and silver, so we havent really received anything in those colours (I don't think many people know our "theme")...

But I registered for items for my Bridal Shower, and it's mostly whites/teals... so we got lots of things in shades of teal (my favourite colour). So at least it's mostly coordianted. Smiley laugh

People probably assume you like those colours, and it's a safe choice when picking out items for you!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That is rather strange to recieve as wedding gifts. Guess there is always a first for things.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics