Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephanie
Master July 2018 Alberta

3 weeks from the wedding...is it too late to invite someone else?

Stephanie, on June 19, 2018 at 00:59 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 7

Someone that RSVP'd yes is now not coming. Numbers are already in. A high school friend reached out to me today on Facebook. She has recently moved to the same city as me and wants to meet up. We were great friends in high school, but have lost touch over the years. Is it tacky to invite her to my wedding now? I do have an empty seat, we were good friends who lost touch...will it seem like I am just inviting her to fill that seat? Is there a way I can word it to let her know I'd like to rekindle our friendship? She will also be sitting with random people; there won't be space for her husband and the only other person she knows is at a full table already.

7 Comments

Latest activity by Rachael, on June 20, 2018 at 09:48
  • Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would be honest about the situation, that you're down one guest and ask if she'd like to fill that spot. Indicate that you think it would be a great opportunity to reconnect with her. (On the plus side, she'll get the chance to meet your friends, which would be beneficial to her as someone potentially moving back into a city wherein she doesn't have many friends).

She will either say "yes" or "no," right? I can't see her being offended given you don't try to mask the situation as something it's not.

• B
    Devoted September 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This sounds like a good idea and gives you a chance to reconnect with your friend
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think you could extend an olive branch to her to come to the wedding, but the fact that there's no room for her husband might result in her saying no.

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Go for it! As the friend, I think I would be honoured to be invited especially since you haven't spoken in years, but it would certainly be fun for her to experience the wedding as well.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think that it's tacky at all! For my wedding invites we are making 2 batches - one of them with a later RSVP date as to give to those that wouldn't have been invited had others been able to make it. I am paying for 250 people. There will be 250 people. I would rather be asked to come singularly than not at all (if we hit it off at the coffee meet up).

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you want to then go for it! I was just invited to a wedding on saturday last minute when some family bailed. I think we got the invite about 2 weeks before? We were super stoked to be invited and had a lot of fun! I dont think anyone would be offended by a late invite Smiley smile
  • Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you meet up and feel like things are going well and you're having a good time catching up, just say "hey if youre not busy I'd love if you could make it to my wedding. Unfortunately i only have 1 seat available, but I'm sure you'll have a great time catching up with everyone " if it were me I'd be excited tk be invited and in no way offended by it! (And to be honest I'd probably wouldnt mind having a night out without my husband. Sometimes it's nice to get out with old friends and just have fun! )

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics