Hank
Hank

Toronto, Ontario ยท From February 2020

Planned a wedding and got married during a pandemic. Event planner by trade. Happy to chat and share ideas with one another.

Happily married 🎉

September 5, 2021

50days 13hrs

Discussions

Hank
Wedding Furniture Rentals
Hank of Wedding reception, On October 13, 2021 at 16:49

How many people are renting extra furniture from external vendors? Sometimes the venue comes with chiavari chairs but others, the default chairs at a venue might be too plain (like the white plastic...

Amanda, thursday 14-Oct-21 6 48
Hank
Suit Styles and Colours
Hank of Wedding fashion, On March 26, 2021 at 22:41

Lots of discussions about dresses on Weddingwire but I want to put some spotlight on the gents (and ladies who opt to wear suits instead of dresses)! What made you decide on that particular style,...

Gordon, friday 1-Oct-21 6 148
Hank
Wedding Highlight Video
Hank of Plan a wedding, On September 24, 2021 at 14:13

For those who are opting for a wedding video, what do you want to see in the highlight? If you were to direct your own 3-5 minute video to send to your guests, what would you want in it? Some examples...

Vinod, wednesday 29-Sep-21 2 41
Hank
Post Wedding Week
Hank of Just married, On September 13, 2021 at 23:43

So we just passed our first week as a married couple. A lot of people go away after their wedding but we decided to hold off and save up for a true vacation when travel is safer. Until then, we'll...

Vinod, saturday 18-Sep-21 15 156
Hank
Leftover Cake
Hank of Wedding reception, On September 14, 2021 at 18:26

If you have leftover cake, how long do you plan on keeping it for? I've always been a proponent of not over-ordering on our cake and despite our best efforts, we had some leftovers at the end of the...

Carmel, wednesday 15-Sep-21 6 69
Hank
How to Live Stream Your Wedding
Hank of DIY, On May 5, 2021 at 22:59

I'm seeing a lot of people wondering how to live stream their wedding on here and on Facebook wedding groups, so here's a step by step guide for those looking to live stream their wedding. 1. Pick a...

Kaitlin, tuesday 31-Aug-21 5 159 2
Hank
Family Traditions
Hank of Wedding ceremony, On August 17, 2021 at 20:11

Anyone incorporating a particular family tradition at your weddings? In Chinese weddings, we have a tea ceremony where we kneel in front of our parents and elders (grandparents, potentially uncles and...

Vinod, monday 23-Aug-21 5 63
Hank
Grand Exit Ideas Without Sparklers
Hank of Wedding reception, On August 9, 2021 at 18:43

Anyone have any grand exit ideas that don't involve sparklers or pyrotechnics?

Rayanne, friday 13-Aug-21 8 99
Hank
Printing
Hank of Before the wedding, On August 3, 2021 at 15:12

Are you doing a lot of printing for your wedding? Is there anything that you are opting out of? I know a lot of you are very gung ho about printed invitations but it's not our thing. Even without the...

Kani, tuesday 10-Aug-21 11 153 1
Hank
Matching Attire to Season?
Hank of Wedding fashion, On July 31, 2021 at 12:21

Are you matching your wedding attire to the season of your nuptials? Or are you going against the grain so you can have your favorite color or style of clothes regardless of the season? For example,...

Amanda, monday 9-Aug-21 7 76
Hank
Anyone doing a special performance at their wedding?
Hank of Plan a wedding, On July 22, 2021 at 19:37

Every wedding I've attended, there's always a surprise performance by someone in the wedding party. It could be a performance by the groom or bride (or both), solo or with members of the bridal party....

Vinod, sunday 25-Jul-21 12 92
Hank
Wedding Planner/coordinator
Hank of Plan a wedding, On June 22, 2021 at 06:14

For those who had or are having a small wedding (under 50 people), are you still using a wedding planner/coordinator? For those who of you who hired a coordinator but decided to change your event from...

Tunisha, thursday 22-Jul-21 17 138
Hank
More People vs Dancing
Hank of Wedding reception, On July 13, 2021 at 15:35

In Ontario, you're only allowed 25% capacity of an indoor space if you're having a dance party while you can go up to 50% if you choose to forego a dance. For those in this situation, what would you...

Hank, thursday 22-Jul-21 9 165
Hank
Wedding Guest Attire
Hank of Wedding fashion, On July 13, 2021 at 16:34

What do you typically wear as a guest to a wedding? Any particular rules you follow? Other than the obvious no-nos (white dress), is there any consistency on how you approach the dress code? My go to...

Liberty, thursday 22-Jul-21 7 91 1
Hank
Kids Meals
Hank of Wedding reception, On July 16, 2021 at 18:38

If you're having little ones attend the wedding, what are you feeding them? A venue's go to seems to be chicken fingers but maybe yours have other options like pasta, grilled cheese or some other type...

Hank, tuesday 20-Jul-21 9 82
Hank
Outdoor Weddings and Summer Heat
Hank of Plan a wedding, On July 6, 2021 at 12:21

So a lot of us are more or less forced to stay outside for weddings in the upcoming months. Certain provinces/cities have it worse this year than others (forest fires in Vancouver!!!) so what are you...

Vinod, monday 19-Jul-21 13 160
Hank
Bridesmaids and Groomsmen vs The Parents
Hank of Plan a wedding, On July 12, 2021 at 18:04

Have you ever been part of a bridal party where you're doing what you can to support the couple's vision of their day only to have the parents come and demand something different? Both my fiancee and...

Vinod, friday 16-Jul-21 4 79
Hank
Week of the Wedding
Hank of Before the wedding, On June 21, 2021 at 17:24

On the week leading up to your wedding, how many appointments and events do you have to attend? For example, you might have a ceremony rehearsal and rehearsal dinner to thank your bridal party. You...

Amanda, friday 25-Jun-21 9 135
Hank
Virtual Ceremony
Hank of Wedding ceremony, On June 22, 2021 at 06:49

For those who had a virtual ceremony in a church or venue, where did you place the camera? I've seen people do it all sorts of ways and was wondering how you will be tackling this. I've seen it mostly...

Hank, friday 25-Jun-21 7 99
Hank
Small Table Centerpieces
Hank of Wedding reception, On June 22, 2021 at 06:31

Did you have to downsize your centerpieces? We originally had some quoted for round tables that seated 10, which obviously won't work with smaller tables of 2 or 4. If you've made centerpieces for...

Tracy, wednesday 23-Jun-21 7 74
Hank
Projector and screen
Hank of Wedding reception, On June 16, 2021 at 21:32

Is anyone using a projector and screen to showcase either a video or a photo slideshow at their wedding? I see it at weddings all the time and was wondering how many here will be doing it. Sometimes...

Emma, saturday 19-Jun-21 4 65
Hank
Wedding Ceremony Songs
Hank of Wedding ceremony, On June 10, 2021 at 09:44

For your ceremony, are you using tracks by the original artist, a cover version, an instrumental version, or a live band playing the song? If you're using an instrumental version, is it the original...

Amanda, friday 18-Jun-21 17 157
Hank
Favourite TV and Movie Weddings
Hank of Famous weddings, On July 8, 2020 at 19:40

Hey, thought I would play a fun game to liven things up here. What's a wedding you've seen on the big and small screen that you thought looks awesome? I'm going to start out with a bang and say Crazy...

Hank, thursday 17-Jun-21 16 236 2
Hank
How many grooms actually picked their own outfit?
Hank of Wedding fashion, On June 10, 2021 at 09:55

Like the title says. The reason I ask is because I'm seeing A LOT of discussion on Facebook groups where the women are picking out the groom's outfit. I realize there's a lack of gents on this forum...

Alexis, thursday 17-Jun-21 48 269
Hank
Ring Holder for the Ceremony
Hank of Wedding ceremony, On June 8, 2021 at 07:55

What are you using to hold the rings at the ceremony, before they're placed on your fingers? Locket? Fancy box? Top of a pillow? Also, who are you entrusting to carry the rings throughout the day...

Desiree, monday 14-Jun-21 14 137
Hank
Ceremony vs Reception Attendance
Hank of Plan a wedding, On June 2, 2021 at 20:06

With such a huge divide on how many are allowed at a ceremony vs reception (ie in Ontario's case, 10 people for outdoor reception vs capacity based on 2m distancing for ceremony starting June 14), are...

Shanice, thursday 10-Jun-21 4 152
Hank
What choices are you giving your guests for meals?
Hank of Wedding reception, On June 2, 2021 at 21:51

Anyone offering more than just the typical beef, chicken, vegetarian as choices for your guests? Our venue offers options like lamb, fish, and other seafood and it's definitely something we're...

Rayanne, saturday 5-Jun-21 21 174
Hank
Shoes
Hank of Wedding fashion, On April 28, 2021 at 07:33

For those who are having weddings outdoors (particularly on grass), are you still wearing heels? Are the gents wearing leather shoes or are they opting for something more casual for walking on...

Alexandra, friday 4-Jun-21 15 153
Hank
Ceremony Time
Hank of Wedding ceremony, On April 28, 2021 at 07:44

For those of you eloping/doing a ceremony only this year and postponing/canceling the reception, what time are you having the ceremony? Does the venue restrict what hours you can have it (i.e. the...

Vinod, monday 31-May-21 6 103
Hank
A Wedding You "Want" But Can't Have
Hank of Plan a wedding, On March 16, 2021 at 11:41

Let's pretend money and covid are not factors. What would be a craaaaaaaaazy wedding idea that if pulled off would be SO cool but something that in reality is impractical? A wedding in a historic...

Stacey TC, thursday 27-May-21 15 208
Hank
What to do when someone gives you stuff you already have?
Hank of Living together, On May 5, 2021 at 20:29

For those who received house warming gifts, what do you do when someone gifts you an item or appliance you already have (and don't want to part with) but didn't give you a gift receipt? Do you tell...

Vinod, thursday 27-May-21 2 29
Hank
Soup or Salad
Hank of Wedding reception, On May 25, 2021 at 17:40

If you're having a multi-course dinner reception, did you pick soup or salad as the starter? Why did you make that choice and what kind of soup/salad did you choose. We have some awesome soup and...

Alexis, wednesday 26-May-21 13 86

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics