Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hank
Featured September 2021 Ontario

Boutonnieres and Corsages

Hank, on May 4, 2022 at 20:23 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 10

Anyone incorporating boutonnieres and corsages into the bridal party attire? Did you pick flowers that were in season or specifically chose something in your colour scheme?

We picked flowers based on the season instead of a particular colour scheme. Something neutral that warmed up our clothes, which was stylized for what was supposed to be originally a winter wedding.

Boutonnieres and Corsages 1

Boutonnieres and Corsages 2

Boutonnieres and Corsages 3

Our bridesmaids had bouquets but women directly related to us (moms, sisters/in-law) wore corsages.

10 Comments

Latest activity by Danielle, on May 11, 2022 at 09:24
  • Danielle
    Frequent user April 2022 Ontario
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Newly married here (April 29th)! We did boutonnieres but not corsages - They matched the florals we had for both bouquets and decor, which were a mix of both fresh and dry flowers. The colour scheme was in line with the wedding colour palette as well as bridal party dresses which ranged from pale pink to burgundy. We didn't tie it into a season but instead had them designed with our boho/romantic vibe in mind! So happy with how they turned out and they looked great with the guys' navy suits and coordinated so well with the other flowers, especially my bouquet! Not to mention, photographed beautifully Smiley smile

Boutonnieres and Corsages 4

Boutonnieres and Corsages 5

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I told my bridesmaids cheap dresses they can wear again in any fall color, flowers I'm not huge on, so I have two burgundy I have no idea what type of flower it is and vines with succulents, father of the bride and parents of the groom will have Boutonnieres. Bridesmaids will have basically what I have but instead of bouquets, they have a wooden hoop. Leaving the boutonniere option to my FH and his groomsman. But then again our wedding is more casual style.

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Honestly, I just think they're too big. They're meant to be small accents but for whatever reason, some florists have been making boutonnieres in a size that look like they can eat your face.

• Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hahah how they aren't pinned properly (honestly struggled so much at my aunts wedding getting them pinned properly) and then can look silly in photos.

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What does the post say about their issues with traditional boutonnieres? lol

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Nice! The florist just gave me a bigger flower though in hindsight I should've asked for the smaller one my groomsmen and father in law had. The big one was a tad too heavy and I already differentiated myself with my outfit anyway.

• Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

One of my friends tagged me in this and I absolutely love it! I don't know if it will be something we can incorporate, as Im not 100% sure if the groomsmen will even wear jackets to make it work, but if we do we will defineitly go this route. (its a little piece of cardboard with the flowers attached so they just slide into the coat pocket!)

Boutonnieres and Corsages 6

Still need to decide on corsages too.

I think we will do the same idea for types of flowers, try to go more seasonal than colors. Or more theme than colors, since we are leaning heavily on the fall, so some dried flowers or leaves are kinda what Im after.

• Denise
    Beginner July 2022 Mayo
    Denise ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are just doing boutonnieres for all the men in the family - 8 in total!! Not doing corsages. Also the flowers chosen will match my bouquet, which is white roses and a lot of green foliage. Grooms will be a little bit fancier.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're doing boutonnieres for my fiance best man, both of our dad's, step dad and grandfather.

We're doing corsages for our mom's, step mom and grandmothers.

We're using Cali Lilies for both corsages and boutonnieres to keep the same flower pattern as my bouquet.

My Fiance's Boutonniere

Boutonnieres and Corsages 7

Best Man's, Dad's and grandfather Boutonnieres

Boutonnieres and Corsages 8

Corsages

Boutonnieres and Corsages 9

Boutonnieres and Corsages 10

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing boutonnieres for my Fiancé and the groomsmen. I told our florist our colour scheme and gave her the freedom to pick flowers she thought was best. We aren't doing boutonnieres or corsages for any family.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics