Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hank
Featured September 2021 Ontario

How Much Food?

Hank, on March 30, 2022 at 15:41 Posted in Wedding reception 2 22

How many choices did you get to try at your tasting?

How many options are you giving your guests?

What appetizers are you having for cocktail hour?

How many courses are you serving for dinner?

tenor.gif

We tried four options at our tasting before picking two plus a vegan option (which was picked by more people than I thought). We offered two starter courses and a choice of a beef rib or arctic char entree.

How Much Food? 1

We also had five different appetizers being passed around during cocktail hour as well as a turkey station. For dessert, guests had a choice between 3 different types of cake.

22 Comments

Latest activity by Matilda, on September 25, 2023 at 18:14
  • Matilda
    Featured June 2025 Ontario
    Matilda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our venue offers a buffet style for our taste testing
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We offered the same entree choices! And we had a turkey station as part of our cocktail hour. Did we use the same venue/caterer lol? I got married at the Richmond Hill Country Club.

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

How Much Food? 2

We had a smaller wedding, 25 guests so we had 4 appetizers being passed around during cocktail hour : sliders (Big Mac style), fried cauliflower which ended up honestly being so delicious, avocado red quinoa salad roll, and summer chicken roulade. We also had a generous meat and cheese board out with crackers.

For dinner, we offered a Peaches & Greens salad, salmon, steak, or tofu stir fry with vegetables (more people went for this than I thought), paired with peas and fingerling coins. Dessert was a variety of summer tarts - fresh fruit, lemon, strawberry rhubarb, milk chocolate peanut.

My husband loves to cook so he wanted to make sure everyone had options and walked away well fed; thankfully, it went wonderfully.

• M
    Newbie April 2022 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We are having caesar salad, pasta with tomato sauce(different than what we were originally thinking), guest have option of chicken, steak or vegetarian (gnocchi - which we didn’t try, but we didn’t want the stuffed pepper that they had at the tasting). Dessert is apple tart and crepe with ice cream. They will alternate guests with the dessert. And out late night is pizza, sliders and fries.

I don’t remember all of the hors d'oeuvres, but because of trying them at the tasting we ended up selecting 2 that we normally wouldn’t have gotten. But we really liked how they tasted.
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Which options did you end up going with after trying everything at the tasting?

• M
    Newbie April 2022 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were able to taste a lot at our tasting. My venue set up a whole buffet for all the couples getting married in the next could of months. It was nice to be able to try all the dinner options and to see how they would set up the plates.

We are offering our guests 6 hors d'oeuvres during cocktail hour. And then a 4 course meal. And a late night snack along with our wedding cake. So we are having a lot of food and no one will be hungry.
  • Kara
    Frequent user June 2022 Ontario
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are serving 4 courses at dinner. Bread and butters,
    Pasta, chicken parm with mashed potato & seasonal veggies, beef tenderloin with veggies and Masala Sabayon for dessert. There is also a vegetarian option but it will be chefs choice on the day of.
    Guests do not have to choose anything prior to- it will all be served plated to every guest.
    We have 1 hour of passed hors d’ouvres after our ceremony (5 options but I have no clue what they are) and we have a late night buffet with pizzas, sliders, fruit, coffee/tea/espresso and wedding cake service.
    We finally go for our food tasting on Thursday! We had to actually pick the menu first- and then we try the selected items… if we don’t like something, we can change it for the day of but we can’t taste test it… so we’re hoping we picked the right choices. I’m excited either way 🙂
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having a BBQ buffet, the venue will be providing a tasting for us of every item in the buffet (about 20 in total) including the childrens meal

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Our venue warned us to come hungry for the tasting. We ended up having two soups, two starter courses, and four entrees, each with a different veg and starch side. Needless to say, we were STUFFED!

• Maggnard-Smanta
    Devoted July 2022 Quebec
    Maggnard-Smanta ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    LOL! Quite funny!
  • Savannah
    Frequent user April 2020 Ontario
    Savannah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Right?! I thought it would just be samples or we’d share one dish to each try it. I was shocked when we had the full course meal!
  • Maggnard-Smanta
    Devoted July 2022 Quebec
    Maggnard-Smanta ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We decided on a 4 course meal. 4th service will be our wedding cake.

At the testing we could taste 3 entrées, 3 salads and 3 main courses.
    Guests will have the same options for the entrées and the salad (salmon tartare and cesar salad).For the main course they can choose between chicken and salmon. Each come with roasted veggies and dauphinoise potatoes.We added stationnaries at the cocktail hour. Initially the venue offers 3 canapés per guest.
    We have a midnight table too.
    Overall the food was good and we also tasted the wine that we wanted to be serve at the wedding.
    Hopefully everything turns out great for the food the day of!
    Forgot to take pictures the day of the testing. We were too impressed by the size of the meals. I honestly thought we would be tasting little samples of the food!
  • Maggnard-Smanta
    Devoted July 2022 Quebec
    Maggnard-Smanta ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    LOL FH and were shocked too by the full size meals they gave us for the tasting! Had no idea hahaha
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had seated dinner options. My mother, father and sister (MOH) was there with me. Hubby had work and couldn’t make it.

So we had the three course meal. We tried all the options: Salad, Salmon with roasted potatoes and veggies, then chicken or mushroom (we had 1 vegetarian option). And dessert (strawberry cheesecake).
    The day of the wedding, the salad was off and the cheesecake was waaaay off, was not what they ordered and they did not notify us. But all in all, it was great and everyone enjoyed it I believed. Hahaha
    How Much Food? 3
    How Much Food? 4
    How Much Food? 5
    How Much Food? 6
    How Much Food? 7

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We still have not had our tasting. We were told there would be one, then it was canceled due to covid, we were promised it would happen again this year, had it set for this weekend and had it canceled again. At this point I'm not sure if it will happen or not.
    For our cocktail hour we have a grand antipasto bar, then for dinner it's family style starting with buns, breads and butter, next pasta, then choice of chicken and beef with mashed potatoes and rice, seasonal veggies then dessert probably going to go with the cheesecake. The late night food is pizzas, poutine, fresh fruit and cupcakes.
  • Savannah
    Frequent user April 2020 Ontario
    Savannah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got to read over the venue’s meal options and select prior to our tasting what we wanted. We assumed the tasting would just be samples of the food for us both but they literally brought us out full size portions each of what we selected and we were stuffed!! 🤣

We get a chef assortment of passed hors d’ouvres during cocktail hour (which we didn’t get totry so definitely curious what will be passed around), bread and butter, fusilli and rosé pasta, spinach and asiago chicken supreme with garlic mashed potatoes and seasonal vegetables and petite beef tenders with mushroom cognac demi served family style. For dessert we chose tiramisu! Plus we have a late night buffet and cake on top of it so needless to say our guests will definitely not be going home hungry 🤣.
  • Lissa
    Devoted October 2022 Ontario
    Lissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We haven’t had our tasting yet but really hope we’re able to schedule it soon!! Our venues dining room has been closed because of covid but should be up and running soon
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I unfortunely don't get to taste our food beforehand. But I know the food is going to be amazing. The winery has one of the best culinary chef's in the province.

We are going with a Buffet and this is our menu

Assortments of breads & butter, Charred Vegetable & Grain Salad, Garden Green Salad, Grilled Vegetable Antipasto Platter, Carved Char-Grilled Beef Striploin, Citrus Butter Based Lingcod, Butternut Squash Ravioli, Mashed Potatoes, Seasonal Garden Vegetables, And Assortment of Chef's Mini Desserts.

• A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We chose our menu and told our caterer what we liked and he came up with a meal for us to try.
    We did get to try 4 desserts but I can’t even remember all the names lol

Our menu
    AAA alberta beef tenderloin, salmon, baked butter rolls, 2 salads, 2 starches, 1 dessert (Some sort of gourmet brownie lol I forget what he called it)
    For cocktail hour we are having charcuterie but in a cup! If that makes sense lol
    Hard To see in the photo because it was a video but on the right is the meat potatoes and asparagus (apparently they make the glaze for 2 days…. Sooo good) Then on the left is the salmon with wild rice beats and carrots We also had two salads a goat cheese cranberry salad and a Greek salad How Much Food? 8How Much Food? 9

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I cant remember exactly how many things we tried but it was 2 trays full of food! My Fiancé and I left STUFFED!! We should have brought someone with us to the tasting!
    Our guests will have 3 meat and 5 sides to choose from!For cocktail hour we are keeping it simple and just getting some fruit/vegetables trays and some meat/cheese platters with crackers. We want cocktail hour to be light since it starts at 5 and dinner service will start around 6:15.
  • Amanda
    Curious November 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having our reception at a restaurant, we didn't do an official tasting but did go for dinner before we met the owners the next day to feel the place out. The food and drinks were amazing and the staff was fantastic so we knew it was the right fit. Our guest are getting individual antipasto plates, a pasta dish, and an intermezzo followed by 3 choices for dinner (beef/vhicken/fish) woth a vegetarian/gluten free option for those who need it & then cake.
  • Hailey
    Expert June 2022 British Columbia
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't do a tasting as my family is doing all the food its more backyard BBQ style. but we are having 4 main course options BBQ chicken, ribs, ham and veggie chilli.

We will also have greek salad, caesar salad, pasta salad with some meat plates/veggie trays/fruit trays.

during cocktail hour we are having finger food such as butterfly shrimp, fruit/meat tray.

We are having a cake to feed all 70 people along with brownies, some other deserts and a candy bar which will have 4 types of candy as my Fiance loves sour keys lol

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics