Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hank
Featured September 2021 Ontario

Where did you get engaged?

Hank, on January 3, 2022 at 21:20 Posted in Before the wedding 0 13

Welcome newly engaged couples! Curious where you all got engaged at. Was it at a spot that had meaning to you? Did it happen at home or was it somewhere you travelled to?

When I proposed, I wanted a picturesque setting and picked the Rotary Bridge in Port Hope when we passed by after getting coffee (we were staying in Cobourg the night before to check out Christmas lights for an anniversary weekend getaway). We're from the GTA and never been to Port Hope so I was kind of winging it but I figured there would be something nice during Christmas season (though I did have a few backups in Toronto just in case lol).

Where did you get engaged? 1

13 Comments

Latest activity by Farrah, on January 10, 2022 at 15:34
  • Farrah
    Curious April 2023 British Columbia
    Farrah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Where did you get engaged? 2
    My fiancé took me to Vancouver’s revolving restaurant. It was a beautiful moment with a beautiful view of the city and lights!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Were they all there for the proposal or did your fiance managed to sneak you away from the family to do the deed?

• Sharlene
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got engaged 💍 in Niagara Falls. It was my first time going there and we were with my in laws. It was also the first time I met my in-laws
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got engaged at the Fairmont in Toronto after a nice night out.
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Love that! We got engaged in our kitchen/right beside it too. First thing in the morning on a random Sunday. I woke up to a missing boyfriend and could not comprehend where he went. I called him and he told me to stop being nosy and he'd be home soon 🤣 I stood infront of the coffee maker unsure if to make coffee or he was bringing some. He went to get flowers and proposed when he walked in 💜. I love the low keyness of it being at home and how special it is to have that moment in the home together.
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Where did you get engaged? 3

My partner actually planned a secret proposal photography shoot so we were able to catch it on film too. It happened it Canmore, where we typically spend a lot of time when we can get out of town. Such a magical memory.
  • Katie
    Frequent user June 2023 Ontario
    Katie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Right on the very top of the Ferris wheel in Montreal on my birthday Smiley smile Where did you get engaged? 4

• Jacquie
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Jacquie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our kitchen! We've been together for 9 years now, we are not traditional or religious so the actual marriage was never really important to us. We were discussing how cool it would be to get married on our 10 year anniversary of being together and just decided to do it. I picked out the ring, we bought it together and then just started planning.

• Sascha
    Curious May 2022 Ontario
    Sascha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you 😊 it was our first time there and it was truly magical.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Emerald Lake is absolutely beautiful!! I've been there a few times and it's just a magical place. A beautiful place to get engaged. Congrats Smiley heart

• Sascha
    Curious May 2022 Ontario
    Sascha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Emerald Lake, BC. It was picturesque, with no one around. Perfect for me

Where did you get engaged? 5

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got engaged at work. We met at work so he did pick a place that has meaning to us. There was probably about 20 of our coworkers around. He also snuck in his mom & step dad. I didn't even realize there were there. I remember a coworker (who was on leave at the time) ask me if the proposal was romantic and I said "it wasn't romantic but it was really special and he actually caught me off guard."
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance purposed to me Christmas Morning 2017 at our home just the two of us in front of the Christmas tree.

Where did you get engaged? 6

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics