Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hank
Featured September 2021 Ontario

Post Wedding Week

Hank, on September 13, 2021 at 23:43 Posted in Just married 0 15

So we just passed our first week as a married couple. A lot of people go away after their wedding but we decided to hold off and save up for a true vacation when travel is safer. Until then, we'll likely go on a day trip to rural Ontario somewhere. Probably wine country in the fall when apple wines are ready.

As for the week after the wedding itself, my wife and I did absolutely nothing lol. We spent two different nights going back to our parents for dinner but other than that, we just chilled. The most effort I put into anything was making a charcuterie board with some wine for lunch hahaha. We had so much leftovers from parents dinners that I didn't even need to cook that week.

For those who are married, what did you do the week after the wedding? For those who aren't, what are your plans?

15 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on September 18, 2021 at 14:32
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We returned back to work after the weekend of the wedding as the honeymoon still hasn't taken place now for 4 years. We would go to Niagara falls with your kids (dogs) to enjoy time around the falls and other places to have the kids out for a nice walk.

• Kara
    Frequent user June 2022 Ontario
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    As it stands, we leave for our honeymoon to the Caribbean 7 days after the wedding. We plan on taking the Monday after the wedding off to just be together at home with the pets… but I am working night shifts the week of and after the wedding. Time off for me is at a premium right now so I can’t get much… just have to wait for the honeymoon to savour it lol
  • Jacquie
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Jacquie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We might take our daughter for a mini family vacation for a few days. Get out of town and relax. We’re getting married to have the party, our every days lives won’t change after the wedding as we’ve already been living like husband and wife for a long time.
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You'll love it! Are you staying in one spot while on Cape Breton or will you switch accommodations as you go around the island?

• Cassandra
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Stayed at the hotel for the night then celebrated my parents 45 wedding anniversary the next day. We spent our first week anniversary at a cottage and have booked a weekend getaway in NOTL in October. Official honeymoon is in the new year. A week away in the Caribbean
  • Darlene
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Darlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had book a week in Canmore but with covid ramping up out west we decided to do the Cabot trail in NS.
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    As both of us work in education, we wanted to make sure our wedding was at a time when we had some time off before AND after, but neither of us wanted a summer wedding. So originally, with our NYE wedding, we were supposed to have two weeks off before (great because I ended up in quarantine when a student tested positive), then we had to postpone but still got married so we did still stay at the hotel and have three days after to really enjoy that and let it sink in 🥰. Our new date was my birthday, and the weekend that begins March break. Well... March break became April break and we stupidly didn't even take the Monday off 🤦🏻‍♀️ big regrets!!!! But it was really nice to go back to work and have our work friends and students show their excitement for us 🥰. Our honeymoon was planned for this past summer, it was cancelled... Trying again next summer! We also had a mini-moon booked as it was partially a gift from my SIL but long story short, we are doing it around our one year now instead!
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I should be able to book a day or two. It isn't a time most people want time off. With all the vacation I have saved since covid I'll still have time available if I get lucky enough to get some summer off too.
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I hope you get a few days off after the wedding, even if only to recharge the brain batteries.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had planned on going away somewhere warm with family after wedding but with all the covid restrictions that seem to be in place we will probably wait an extra year before we go anywhere. I guess the week after the wedding I'll just go back to work as normal 🤣
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

And the comfort of your own home is the best part! I haven't been home in 2 years so it's going to be nice to be there for 3 weeks next year.

• Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We also took a week after and did absolutely nothing lol I think the most active thing we did was take a nice scenic drive through the surrounding escarpment areas, and stopped a couple times whenever we saw a nice looking park and had a picnic. It was a week that we both definitely needed. But we do plan to do something a bit more extravagant when we feel that travel is a bit safer. I'd love to take a week or two and take a road trip through some less traveled parts of Italy.
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's one advantage of a destination wedding. You're pretty much already on vacation!

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are planning on doing a mini honeymoon in banff area right after our wedding!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Since my fiance and I will still be in Kelowna for another 2 weeks after our wedding, we plan on spending most of our days at the beach!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics