Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hank
Featured September 2021 Ontario

Indoor vs Outdoor Ceremony

Hank, on March 19, 2022 at 19:01 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 17

Are you planning to have an indoor or outdoor ceremony?

If you go indoor, you don't have to worry about any last minute potential changes due to the elements since things can continue according to plan rain or shine. You have more control over the space from lighting to climate maintaining consistency regardless of what time of year it is. There are less noises from the surrounding environment disrupting your ceremony. There's also likely a better wifi connection for any streaming needs. But unless you pick an architecturally interesting venue, indoor spaces tend to be more bare bones and need some decorating.

Indoor vs Outdoor Ceremony 1

Outdoor spaces lets you and your guests take in the beauty of mother nature, which means you won't have to decorate much for even the most simple of green spaces add character to your ceremony. Of course, the biggest advantage of an outdoor ceremony is the health and safety of your guests during a pandemic. But on the other hand, you'll have to deal with the weather, the sun, and potentially bugs getting in the way of things. Depending on how the wifi is set up in the venue, some outdoor spaces won't have good signals.

Indoor vs Outdoor Ceremony 2

17 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on March 24, 2022 at 12:56
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our wedding was outdoor which the weather turned out great yet windy. We were glad to have everyone enjoy the nature scenery as well as the lake view past the ceremony site. The indoors was a back up plan in case rain was in the forecast by the venue.

• Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We hope we can manage an outdoor ceremony, but depending on the layout (our venue is in the process of upgrading the patio area where we'd like to have our ceremony) we may have to do it indoors. I'm happy either way really.

• Jenny
    Frequent user September 2022 Ontario
    Jenny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Outdoor but our ceremony and reception are at the same location and if it rains the venue has a spot indoors that we can do the ceremony at
  • Hailey
    Expert June 2022 British Columbia
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're having an outdoor 🙂 if it ends up being bad weather we have a backup plan in the house for the ceremony and reception haha
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This one is in Kelowna
  • D
    Devoted September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ahhhh I see. It looked like one in Oliver that we went to in 2020.
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It's Summerhill Pyramid Winery
  • A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh that’s perfect!!
    That’s really nice weather! Personally I think that will be great!! You will have the look of fall but it will still be a bit warm to enjoy the ceremony!
  • Lissa
    Devoted October 2022 Ontario
    Lissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ours has both options as well, but hoping the weather holds out for an outside ceremony October 1st. I know last year it was 25 degrees which seemed crazy for that time of year. 15-17 like you said is definitely more seasonal and it’s not usually too rainy at that time
  • D
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Which winery/vineyard is that? We were in B.C. wine country the last 2 summers and visited many wineries.
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    If you look up historical weather for the location of your wedding and time you can get an idea of what the weather might be like!
    For my location and date on September 30th in the past it has been around 15-17 degrees
    But having it indoors you won’t have to worry at all!
  • D
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having our ceremony and reception in the same location (hotel). As our wedding is in late September it will probably be a little cooler outside and we also wanted to have an indoor dinner/dance for the reception, and it's easiest to have both ceremony and reception in 1 place.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    While I love the outdoors I don't want to worry about the weather being too hot in June (our other dates were Jan and Feb) so we've always been planning for an indoor wedding. It is just so much easier I think.
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're getting married outside with the Okanagan Lake in the background

Indoor vs Outdoor Ceremony 3

Indoor vs Outdoor Ceremony 4

• Lissa
    Devoted October 2022 Ontario
    Lissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our venue has an indoor and outdoor option for the ceremony. Really hoping for nice weather to be able to use the outdoor space that backs onto a big ravine with lots of trees
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My venue has outdoor and indoor ceremony locations!
    We have chosen outdoor and if the weather does not cooperate the staff will move everything inside for an indoor ceremony! So either way I don’t have to be too worried and both indoor and outdoor spaces they have are beautiful!
    Our wedding is in September in Alberta so there shouldn’t be any rain but at least we have a plan B!

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've always liked the looks of outdoor ceremonies more. I also love being outside so outdoor made sense for us. We are getting married in front of a river! But if weather is going to be an issue we can use our reception hall for the ceremony

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics