Hank
Hank

Toronto, Ontario · From February 2020

Planned a wedding and got married during a pandemic. Event planner by trade. Happy to chat and share ideas with one another.

Happily married 🎉

September 5, 2021

50days 12hrs
Lindsay
Venue
Lindsay, Yesterday at 23:29

I have a question for people in BC, my fiancé and I were interested in Riverway, now what I don’t get is the minimum head count which is 150, if we don’t have that limit are we going to pay extra?

Hank, 12 hours ago 5
Darlene
Photo Thank you Cards
Darlene, Yesterday at 19:30

Has anyone experienced not getting any photos? We have been married for a month and haven’t even received any sneak peak photos. I want to send out thank you card with our photo on them but I don’t...

Samantha, an hour ago 4
Cindy
Ceremony arch / arbor
Cindy, Yesterday at 10:20

Hey everyone! Finally booked a venue so things are happening! Im looking for a circle arch for the ceremony. Wondering if anyone has any ideas on where to rent those or know any florists that have...

Samantha, an hour ago 2
Alyx
Tables!? Dance floor!?
Alyx, On October 23, 2021 at 16:40

I want to have rectangle tables and round tables but my reception space it isn’t the biggest and it isn’t the smallest either. Think of the space as a big square it can fit 250 people inside. I have...

Samantha, 2 hours ago 4
Lindsay
Eye contacts
Lindsay, On October 23, 2021 at 16:00

Hi everyone! I have a question, I’m looking into not wearing my glasses for the wedding and the problem is I have prescription glasses, is there such thing has prescription eye contacts ? If so what...

Lindsay, yesterday at 01:51 8
Kristen
Indoor Locations for an Engagement Shoot?
Kristen, On October 23, 2021 at 08:42

Hello! We have our engagement photos scheduled for Monday evening in Hamilton. Looking at the forecast…. It’s supposed to POUR ALL DAY. we picked Tiffany Falls as we had one of our first dates there....

Hank, saturday 23-Oct-21 1
Brooke
Wedding Vows! Who's writing their own?
Brooke, On October 22, 2021 at 16:33

Hello brides! My wedding is a year away but I've contemplated on the idea of writing my own vows. My fiance is a shy guy and is most likely going to request to do the traditional "repeat after me"...

Amanda, yesterday at 12:43 10
Jenny
Babysitter for the wedding?
Jenny, On October 21, 2021 at 23:15

Okay, so there are going to be only five kids at my wedding (two of the kids are my own and two are my maid of honours kids). I’m thinking of inviting someone solely to babysit. How much would I pay...

Hank, friday 22-Oct-21 3
Lisa
Rehearsal Dinner - Who's Invited, Who Pays?
Lisa, On October 21, 2021 at 18:31

Okay, so I'm trying to keep our wedding within budget, and originally didn't plan on having a rehearsal dinner, but since my half of the guest list is coming from out of town, I'm reconsidering and...

Claire, friday 22-Oct-21 9
Itsemmalouisa
Movie Wedding Theme: Cute and Fun or Tacky?
Itsemmalouisa, On October 20, 2021 at 18:00

My fiancé and I both love movies and it’s something we love to do together. We were brainstorming theme ideas and came up with movies which we both thought could be a really fun way to showcase us as...

Audrey, saturday 23-Oct-21 4
Alyssa
Am i not able to change an event name after it's been created?
Alyssa, On October 20, 2021 at 13:10

Wedding wire created a rehearsal dinner event which is great, but it turns out we are not having a dinner, it's going to be a ceremony rehearsal only. I tried to change the name of the event in the...

Lynnie, wednesday 20-Oct-21 2
Brittany
Madison Greenhouse
Brittany, On October 19, 2021 at 16:16

Hi brides to be!! Is anyone having issues with Madison Greenhouse venue?? And if so do you have any tips? They have new owners that don’t seem to know what they are doing and have now pulled their...

Amanda, thursday 21-Oct-21 3
ALESSIA
alton mill wedding Caledon
ALESSIA, On October 19, 2021 at 10:29

Hi all, my partner and I will be celebrating our wedding next summer at The Alton Mill in Caledon, ON. I'm hoping to get in touch with anyone who has used this venue before, so I ask them some...

ALESSIA, thursday 21-Oct-21 4
Genna
Colors choice for my son who will give me away
Genna, On October 18, 2021 at 15:24

Ok it's driving me nuts and I need opinions STAT lol My color scheme is medium blue shirt and green tie for the men and navy blue pantsGroom will be the same but with a navy blue vest Girls will have...

Genna, tuesday 19-Oct-21 5
Michelle
We did it! (again)
Michelle, On October 18, 2021 at 14:21

Friday October 8th was the big day! We finally got to have our big wedding that we had postponed from last year. Since we did the legal marriage last year we had a vow renewal style ceremony with the...

Audrey, saturday 23-Oct-21 13
Emily
Officiant Cost
Emily, On October 18, 2021 at 17:18

I'm just curious to see what other people paid their officiant! I've come across such a different range of prices and I'm trying to figure out what a normal price point would be.

Carmel, saturday 23-Oct-21 16
Abbie
Wearing black to a wedding?
Abbie, On October 18, 2021 at 08:16

Hi all! I have never been to a wedding a guest, only in the wedding party myself. I have a wedding to attend at the end of the month and was planning on wearing a long black dress (with beading around...

Abbie, saturday 23-Oct-21 18
Frances
Cash Bar or Corkage Bar
Frances, On October 18, 2021 at 02:16

Hi Guys, Just a lot of thinking about how are we gonna do our beverage service on our wedding (getting married on Sept.10,2022). My fiancée and I don’t drink,but both of our friends and family does.I...

Hank, monday 18-Oct-21 4
Rayanne
What type of ceremony?
Rayanne, On October 16, 2021 at 21:28

We recently booked our officiant and we have a few types of ceremony to choose from. Traditional, partnership in life and Christian. We can also choose 1 to 3 readings for during the ceremony. It has...

Hank, monday 18-Oct-21 7
Rayanne
Invitations-check
Rayanne, On October 16, 2021 at 21:11

So I decided to try the print at home invitation packs that are available for DIY. I personally have next to zero computer skills and have to say if my friend (who is a graphic designer) didn't help...

Liberty, tuesday 19-Oct-21 8
Daily
Votive candles for wedding
Daily, On October 18, 2021 at 15:11

I really need a honest opinion!! I love love votive candles to put it right beside table centerpieces, however I’m a little concern about the flame. We will be having kids during the reception. I...

Daily, tuesday 19-Oct-21 20
Celia
General Tips?
Celia, On October 16, 2021 at 21:09

I recently got engaged to my wonderful fiancé April, and we still have a long road ahead of us in terms of wedding planning (so far all we know is that we both want a New Year’s Eve wedding), but I...

Hank, monday 18-Oct-21 5
Becky
Struggling
Becky, On October 18, 2021 at 01:28

Picked at date for our wedding! But really struggling to accept my family wont come.

Meghan, monday 18-Oct-21 7
Amanda
Cake Flavors, Tiers & Design
Amanda, On October 17, 2021 at 14:43

Hey Everyone! One of the most fun and tasty parts of wedding planning is cake tasting! But it can be a real challenge to narrow down all the delicious choices. How many flavors are in your wedding...

Liberty, monday 18-Oct-21 14
Rebecca
Gifts vs No Gifts
Rebecca, On October 17, 2021 at 14:10

Hi all, We have a lot of people (probably 75%) of our guest list flying to our wedding in Canmore next summer and, it being Canmore, then paying quite a bit for hotels. We would really like to ask...

Tunisha, monday 18-Oct-21 4
Jenny
How long did it take your bridesmaids to respond to your “will you be my bridesmaid?” letter?
Jenny, On October 16, 2021 at 03:15

So the three girls I’m asking to be my bridesmaids don’t live that close to me (okay two of them live six hours away now lol) but I’m a pretty anxious person in general and was wondering, if you...

Jenny, saturday 23-Oct-21 7
Kristin
Honeymoon help
Kristin, On October 14, 2021 at 21:56

Hey friends! My fiancé and I are looking to book our honeymoon soon and our travel agent found these resorts for us in our price range: Ocean Maya Royale Panama Jacks Resort Playa del Carmen Valentin...

Amanda, sunday 17-Oct-21 4
Audrey
Honeymoon funds
Audrey, On October 14, 2021 at 15:26

Hi Honeymooners! I want to set up a cash gift registry for contributions to our honeymoon. There are a good number of them to choose from, and I wondered which one others have used and what they liked...

Audrey, thursday 14-Oct-21 7
Mariana
Mobile friendly
Mariana, On October 14, 2021 at 14:29

Hello, is there a way to fix the images on the mobile version of the website? For example, I just created my site which looks great on desktop mode. But when I view it on mobile, the images on my main...

Mariana, monday 18-Oct-21 5
Hank
Wedding Furniture Rentals
Hank, On October 13, 2021 at 16:49

How many people are renting extra furniture from external vendors? Sometimes the venue comes with chiavari chairs but others, the default chairs at a venue might be too plain (like the white plastic...

Amanda, thursday 14-Oct-21 6
Stacey TC
Alternative Guestbooks
Stacey TC, On October 13, 2021 at 12:16

Have you planned an alternative to a regular guestbook? Friends of mine did a thumbprint tree (not theirs) One wedding I worked at did a polaroid book Another friend of mine, both of them love puzzles...

Vinod, thursday 14-Oct-21 20 1

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics