Skip to main content
Hank
Hank

Toronto, Ontario · From February 2020

Got married during a pandemic. Happy to chat and share ideas.

Happily married 🎉

September 5, 2021

981days 0hrs : 33min
Josephine
Engagement pictures outfit
Josephine, On March 22, 2024 at 18:22

What does one typically where for the engagement pictures? My fiancé and I are getting ours taken on May 4th

Kate, tuesday 26-Mar-24 2
S
byob venue in Ontario?
Sophie, On March 20, 2024 at 11:08

Looking for a venue that allows BYOB in Ontario. Can you serve and sell your own liquor?

Hank, thursday 21-Mar-24 1
Laura
Couples getting married on March 14, 2026 in Ontario
Laura, On March 21, 2024 at 08:15

We are renewing our vows that day. We will be celebrating our 25th anniversary on the 17th and that's a Monday but we decided to renew on the 15th. I hope you have many great years as we did.

Amanda, sunday 7-Apr-24 3
A
Venues that allow outside catering in the Gta?
Avery, On March 18, 2024 at 22:29

We are hoping to have Chinese catering at our wedding, which means we need to find a venue that allows outside catering or has in-house Chinese catering. We’re hoping to have the wedding somewhere...

Hank, wednesday 20-Mar-24 1
Kayleigh
diy Cash Bar
Kayleigh, On March 12, 2024 at 22:51

Hey Ontario Bride here ! For my wedding I am doing a cash bar as my venue doesn't supply booze or any bar related items I will have to be brining in all the items myself as well as get the permit for...

Hank, friday 15-Mar-24 1
K
Joining in on First Dance
Kelsey, On March 9, 2024 at 12:19

My FH have been together for almost 10 years and we are dancing to You're Still The One as our first dance. We want to have others join in with us after the first verse. I think it would be really...

Hank, thursday 14-Mar-24 2 1
Susie
cra & Assuming Last Name
Susie, On March 7, 2024 at 10:35

Hello! So last week I went in and changed my last name to my married name. Now how in the world do I do that with the CRA? My drivers license and health card have been changed as well as my car...

Lynnie, friday 15-Mar-24 2
Toni
Moving Lights, Uplighting, Pin lighting add-ons for Wedding Venue
Toni, On March 6, 2024 at 21:25

Is it worth to spend the extra money to get lighting add-ons? This is all new to me. I was under the impression that the standard lighting the banquet hall (newly renovated) provides is adequate...

Nelly, sunday 14-Apr-24 2
KeonJoo
Looking for outdoor wedding ceremony only!
KeonJoo, On March 6, 2024 at 08:03

Hello! We’re having our reception at The Chase restaurant but finding that the patio space is a bit small to have our ceremony. Any suggestions on where we can have our ceremony only? Preferably...

Hank, thursday 14-Mar-24 3
T
Is a rehearsal necessary?
Tara, On February 28, 2024 at 16:30

I am getting married this September in the lower mainland. I am wondering how many people have found that the rehearsal was necessary? Most of us in the wedding have never been in a wedding before,...

Tunisha, sunday 14-Apr-24 3
Kasey
Decorations
Kasey, On February 20, 2024 at 12:48

Hey every! I find our current hurdle is imagining our decorations, does anyone have any suggestions or tips?

Hank, thursday 22-Feb-24 2
H
Photobooth during reception
Heather, On February 15, 2024 at 22:48

I am considering getting a photobooth to come in and to be available after final speeches/dessert is served for a couple hours. A lot of the guests attending are younger (late twenties/mid-thirties)...

Hank, saturday 17-Feb-24 2
S
Projector and change of code
Sarah, On February 9, 2024 at 03:09

Hi there I am trying to see if i can change the code for the QR also how do i get it so that it shows up on the projector as they are being uploaded

Hank, wednesday 14-Feb-24 2
N
Elora Mill Transportation
Natalie, On January 16, 2024 at 14:23

Hello, I am getting married at Elora Mill on October 19, 2024 and wonder if anyone knows if there are taxi services or Uber available in the area for guests?

Hank, thursday 1-Feb-24 4
Joy
Couples getting married on November 9, 2024 in Ontario
Joy, On January 31, 2024 at 01:48

Hi everyone! Got engaged just over one month ago and my fiancé and I are getting married on this date!

Amanda, sunday 4-Feb-24 2
J
Stag and Doe/jack and Jill Options
Jessica, On January 26, 2024 at 10:59

Hello friends, I am trying to decide if we should host a stag and doe/jack and jill. I know that door sales and alcohol tend to be one of the largest contributors to the profit of the event, and my...

Tunisha, sunday 14-Apr-24 3
V
September 2025 wedding in Vaughan
Vanessa, On January 22, 2024 at 10:08

Hi all! Getting married next year but want a head start on booking my photo permit. I’m getting married at dufferin and DuPont and the reception is at the terrace. Trying to figure out some nice...

Hank, thursday 1-Feb-24 2
Josie
Videographer or Content Creator?!
Josie, On January 22, 2024 at 16:04

Hi all! I am a bit stuck with this... We have already put a small deposit on a Videographer for our big day, but recently trends have been showing me lots of Content Creators on instagram which I am...

Nelly, sunday 14-Apr-24 4
Marie
Cocktail Reception Plus Ones
Marie, On January 16, 2024 at 13:34

I would like for guests to be able to have plus ones at our cocktail style reception. However, to keep costs low and have the day remain intimate, I would prefer to have them come later into the night...

Kate, tuesday 13-Feb-24 3
Kira
Wedding on a budget!
Kira, On January 14, 2024 at 11:43

Hi everyone, we are getting married in October of this year and are just struggling to find things that are affordable and still fit within our wants and needs! I'm looking for any budget friendly...

Kira, monday 15-Jan-24 2
Jennifer
Alcohol permit
Jennifer, On January 8, 2024 at 02:40

If I get an alcohol permit, can I serve alcohol that are purchased in the US from an licensed retailer at my wedding?

Hank, sunday 14-Jan-24 1
Stephanie
vent
Stephanie, On January 8, 2024 at 11:20

I just need to vent and thought this might be a good place. I have had bad teeth for a while, so back in August 2023, I had all of the top ones removed and an upper plate made. The dentist also said I...

Stephanie, wednesday 24-Jan-24 7
Holly
Minimalist wedding
Holly, On January 4, 2024 at 15:14

Trying to keep our costs down, have yet to really find any ideas that I like, and personally I really dislike major table arrangements and the flower toss and garter toss, mainly a lot of...

Nelly, thursday 18-Apr-24 4
H
Engagement Photos - Winter
Hassan, On January 8, 2024 at 22:09

Hello everyone. We are a newly engaged couple looking to get engagement photos done for our wedding invitation that we want to send out next month. However, we are struggling to find places to have a...

Hank, sunday 14-Jan-24 2
Mackenzie
Is a Grand Entrance a must?
Mackenzie, On January 9, 2024 at 09:47

My fiancé and | are having a super non-traditional wedding. Our ceremony is right next to the reception hall and starts at 7pm (it'll be super short around 10 minutes) and then the reception is...

Amanda, monday 15-Jan-24 2
Kira
Tips for services
Kira, On January 14, 2024 at 10:14

Hi all, I didn't even consider the fact that on top of prices, we would need to think about tipping people for their services. I am looking for any guidance and advice on how you have done this or...

Kira, monday 15-Jan-24 4
V
September 2024 Wedding
Veronica, On December 28, 2023 at 23:52

Hello everyone, I recently got engaged on Christmas days and I am planning on having my wedding on September. I am not sure where to start planning. Any advice? Thanks

Krista, saturday 10-Feb-24 22
Caitlyn
Where did you do your engagement shoots?
Caitlyn, On January 5, 2024 at 16:27

My fiancé and I got engaged last year but are doing most of the planning this year to get married next year. I want to get a formal engagement shoot done this summer to use for all the wedding...

Taylor, thursday 1-Feb-24 4
S
Italian Stags
Steven, On December 13, 2023 at 14:46

Hey, anyone got any information at all that they can share with me about hosting a Stag for Italians. I know when it comes to events like weddings and stags Italians usually go big. How much should...

Steven, monday 18-Dec-23 4
J
Bridal makeup and hair
Julia, On December 17, 2023 at 19:26

Hi everyone! I am completely unaware of how much bridal makeup and hair costs. If anyone is willing to share how much theirs cost I would love to get an idea of the average cost. Hopefully that’ll...

Julie, wednesday 20-Dec-23 5
V
No Bridal Party
Victoria, On November 6, 2023 at 15:40

My fiance & I have chosen to not have an official bridal party. We attended a wedding last year who did the same & we fell in love with the idea! We have many close friends, and want to keep...

Hank, thursday 16-Nov-23 2 1
L
Minted Invites and duties
Leticia, On November 13, 2023 at 18:10

Hi Everyone, I have been trying to get some nice quality invites on a budget and keep hearing great things about minted, however, I’m worried about paying duties. Does anyone have experience with this...

Hank, thursday 16-Nov-23 1

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics