Skip to main content
Ellen
Ellen

St Catharines, Ontario · From September 2017

I am currently a student going for my second degree, working full time and planning a wedding. My fiance and I have been together since the end of high... View more

I am currently a student going for my second degree, working full time and planning a wedding. My fiance and I have been together since the end of high school; our family consists of our adorably crazy cat O'Malley and us.

Happily married 🎉

October 19, 2019

1648days 4hrs
Ellen
Getting to the Wedding!
Ellen, On October 7, 2018 at 21:16

Hi Everyone!! We are currently struggling with some transportation issues. My FH will be getting ready at his parent's house and I will be getting ready at my parent's house. We are planning on having...

Alissa, wednesday 10-Oct-18 8 172
Ellen
Music with Lyrics
Ellen, On February 26, 2018 at 10:55

So I am in love with a song that has lyrics in it for walking down the aisle. Is this a thing people do? Has anyone else done this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1mkYWkoXyo

Cherry, wednesday 7-Mar-18 13 141
Ellen
Distant Family Members
Ellen, On February 24, 2018 at 20:51

So we are currently over our guest count of 120 by 15 people (our venue will hold 180), so I am trying to reduce the numbers. My future husband has cousins on the list that he has not seen in years...

Michelle, monday 26-Feb-18 17
Rosalyn
To invite or not to invite
Rosalyn, On February 24, 2018 at 18:40

My fiancé and I always had the rule that people where only allowed to bring a +1 if they were in a serious relationship. This decision was based on having a limited budget an very small amount of...

Rosalyn, monday 5-Mar-18 32
Leanna
Wedding Timeline
Leanna, On February 16, 2018 at 16:51

Hi guys, I'm trying to come up with a timeline for our wedding and I'm wondering what everyone else is planning? We're doing a first look and family photo's, then the ceremony and reception after....

Surina, monday 19-Feb-18 12
Ellen
Sending Save the Dates
Ellen, On February 17, 2018 at 18:48

Is it necessary to send save the dates to family members that you know most likely will not attend as they live in a different province and it is costly to travel? We will still send them an...

Alexandra, saturday 24-Feb-18 6 137
Stephanie
Shared account or separate?
Stephanie, On January 2, 2018 at 14:03

Sorry if this question is too personal! Just wanting to get an idea of pros and cons of sharing a bank account or keeping separate ones. Thanks.

Vinod, sunday 12-Aug-18 20
Alexa
Master of Ceremonies
Alexa, On January 6, 2018 at 22:24

Anyone have any ideas on how to choose MC. Do not want any groomsmen or bridesmaids to do it since they will be busy as is.

Jennifer, wednesday 10-Jan-18 19
Flow
Do i need to invite my boss?
Flow, On January 5, 2018 at 04:56

The age-old question! We are having a moderately sized wedding with around 150 guests and I am trying to finalize our guest list. My parents are pretty traditional and they think I should invite my...

Kristine, tuesday 9-Jan-18 14
Stephanie
What not to do
Stephanie, On January 6, 2018 at 03:50

I'm sure many of us have been to at least one wedding. Have you seen anything at other weddings that you thought "I'll have to remember to not do that for my wedding..." For me, one was a relative who...

Ellen, tuesday 9-Jan-18 5
Amyfanggg
Walking down the aisle
Amyfanggg, On January 9, 2018 at 00:39

Hi everyone. I am in a little situation. My wedding is in a little over 100 days and I don't know what to do about walking down the aisle. My dad was in an accident a little over a year ago that...

Vinod, thursday 11-Jan-18 11
Stacy
Anyone getting married in 2019 and already planning!
Stacy, On November 6, 2017 at 10:42

We are getting married August 24th 2019 and I have already started planning and booking what I think are important aspects of our wedding! Anyone else planning early !?

Adamay, saturday 15-Sep-18 34
Holly
Calling all Ontario 2019 Brides!
Holly, On December 23, 2017 at 22:47

Hello ladies! This is for all my fellow 2019 Ontario brides, I've noticed a lot of you participating in discussions. Tell me about your wedding! When, where, photography etc! Maybe we can even...

Amanda, thursday 12-Jul-18 13
Samantha
St. Catharines Bridal Shops
Samantha, On November 2, 2017 at 09:01

Where have you guys had luck with this? I'm hoping to find something in the area, but it all seems really expensive, and we are on a tight budget. Anyone know of a place in St. Catharines that has...

Samantha, monday 1-Jan-18 7
Kaitlyn
Is it to much to ask ?
Kaitlyn, On December 13, 2017 at 11:29

My Fiance and I live in Oshawa however we plan to have our wedding in Sault Ste Marie ( 8 hour drive ) ... we are struggling with the travel for people .. do we book a coach bus approx $8k and...

Ellen, monday 1-Jan-18 11
Holly
Together or apart?
Holly, On December 28, 2017 at 23:23

So this has been a big topic of discussion with my girls and also my fiance. My fiance and I live together and at the time of our wedding we will have been living together for almost 3 years. So when...

Vinod, sunday 12-Aug-18 38
Emilie
Will you call your in-laws mom and dad?
Emilie, On March 30, 2017 at 10:05

Hey lovely brides-to-be! Once you say "I Do", your two families become officially one. Will you call your in-laws mom and dad? Image: Pinterest

Sarah, wednesday 14-Mar-18 41
Ellen
In Memory
Ellen, On December 31, 2017 at 11:50

Hi! I am looking for some suggestions on how to create an in Memoriam piece for my wedding, it is very important for me to have this, I am just looking for a unique way to do it. Any suggestions?

Holly, monday 15-Jan-18 20
Vanessa
Alternative Desert at a wedding
Vanessa, On December 29, 2017 at 01:01

Hey everyone thought I would share this as it just came up after a visit with my mom and her godmother over the holidays. We have been debating on something cost effective on top of a cutting cake and...

Erin, wednesday 3-Jan-18 13
Victoria
Bridesmaid proposals!
Victoria, On December 26, 2017 at 09:27

Gave out my first bridesmaid proposal last night (to FH’s sister). She loved it! What are some things you guys did for yours??

Victoria, saturday 6-Jan-18 44
Anastasia
Co Moh?
Anastasia, On December 31, 2017 at 08:27

The MOH for my wedding my wedding is living in a different country so I wanted to have a co-MOH to help me with all the planning she isn't able to do; splitting the MOH duties in half in a way. My...

Ellen, sunday 31-Dec-17 2
Jessica
Two Moh?
Jessica, On December 31, 2017 at 09:27

I am toying with the idea of having two MOH because I have to amazing bestfriends and I thought for bachelorette planning etc duties could be spread out. But mainly because I love them both so much...

Sidni, friday 5-Jan-18 11

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics