Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stacy
Curious August 2019 Ontario

Anyone getting married in 2019 and already planning!

Stacy, on November 6, 2017 at 10:42 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 34

We are getting married August 24th 2019 and I have already started planning and booking what I think are important aspects of our wedding! Anyone else planning early !?

34 Comments

Latest activity by Adamay, on September 15, 2018 at 15:26
  • Adamay
    Beginner August 2019 California
    Adamay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Getting married on August 8, 2019 and I already booked the venue, photographer, videography, DJ, florist, month-of coordinator, and photobooth. Phew! Now just need to finalize my cake/sweets table with the vendor I'm speaking to. Dress shopping will be end of this year. Then next year is when I'll be looking for my hair/makeup and hotel accommodations Smiley smile

I'd rather just book everything sooner than later so I can just focus on the details in stride and how to handle all the payments, haha.

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My wedding date is August 3rd, 2019 and I have already planned most of the wedding details! you go girl! less stress for you when the wedding gets closer

• Amanda
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not officially engaged yet, but we are actively planning our wedding in secret, getting married October 19, 2019! We have venue, photographer, videographer, dj, and makeup & hair booked!

• Mia
    Newbie April 2019 Bangkok
    Mia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I got engaged last month and we are planning to get married on the 18th of April! Smiley heart

• Ellen
    Curious October 2019 Ontario
    Ellen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I got engaged in September of 2017, and am getting married October 2019. We already have our officiant, venue, DJ and photograher booked. I have a large family so booking early is a must to make sure everyone fits!

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are getting married May 25, 2019 and we already have our venue, DJ, photographer, and hotel booked. We have sent out the save the dates (a lot of our friends and family travel and plan it waaaay in advance). We already have our wedding party established and have started ordering decorations and making our centerpieces Smiley smile

We are also working on our invitations and other stationary already.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I get married this year but wanted to join in! We got engaged October of 2016 and started planning immediately. It's never too early to start planning.

• Summer
    Devoted May 2019 Ontario
    Summer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got engaged on Christmas and picked our date the next day - May 4, 2019. Close to our anniversary. We’ve also chosen a venue and a photographer! I’m a teacher on winter break so I’ve been working on our budget and getting lots of quotes!
  • Summer
    Devoted May 2019 Ontario
    Summer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m getting married on that day too!
  • Victoria
    Expert November 2019 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're getting married November 2019. Ive already booked venue (with catering), DJ, hair and makeup and photographer.

I booked DJ and hair and makeup through friends, so those were different circumstances.

Venue I booked early but there was already another Nov 2019 wedding at our venue so Im glad I did! For photography, I loved my friends photos so I wanted to snag the photographer ASAP. I knew I loved him so figured I may as well snag him.

I dont think planning this far ahead is that odd! Every vendor I've booked already has 2019 bookings.

• Jessica
    Newbie June 2019 Manitoba
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was engaged in October 2017 and getting married in June 2019. We definately already started planning and we have a few things booked already which is fantastic because we got the exact dates we want Smiley smile
  • Tradingabyss
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Tradingabyss ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The sooner the better! Sometimes it's a struggle booking vendors last minute! Enjoy every second of it!
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm not getting married in 2019, I am in 2018. But I would definitely recommend starting to plan early as things will start booking soon! Good luck with the planning and congratulations on your engagement!
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yup! May 4, 2019 - already have our ceremony and reception venues booked, started purchasing décor from past brides, designed our invitations and RSVPs (so they're ready to go when there's a good sale, I can just order them), have our wedding party settled, in contact with vendors...

• Leslee
    Beginner October 2025 Ontario
    Leslee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Getting married October 28 2019!! We have a lot planned already. I love having extra time. Better safe than sorry Smiley laugh

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm also getting married in 2019 (October 19) and got engaged in October of this year. We live in Thunder Bay and the wedding will take place in London, Ontario. Venue is already booked for both ceremony and reception. It's nice to have 2 years to plan everything, especially from out-of-town.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're also planning our wedding at the end of August, beginning of September 2019. We both live in Calgary but planning to have the wedding in our hometown, in Ottawa/Gatineau. So without a wedding planner and doing it all from such a long distance, we thought it would be best to push the date further and try to plan ahead as much as possible!

Do you find that you're having problems getting info from some of the vendors because of the date being so far out?

Happy planning Smiley smile

• Samantha
    Newbie June 2019 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am so impressed by all you ladies. I am finding it very challenging thinking of what I envision for our big day, and what venues would be appropriate!

• Shelly
    Curious June 2019 Ontario
    Shelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes! I already have my venue, photographer and dress. The rest I will plan slowly, but I wanted to get the big stuff out of the way first. Especially because I know vendors book up quickly.

The dress I didn't mean to get so early, but I fell in love! Couldn't help it. Smiley smile

• Christine
    Curious July 2019 Alberta
    Christine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have already started planning! we have our wedding party picked out and the date is July 20th 2019. I think getting started now is the best idea.
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Doesn't hurt to start early!!! We got started right away! Got engaged of October of last year and don't get married until June of next year.

• Sonia
    Frequent user May 2019 Quebec
    Sonia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes! Just booked our church tonight, already have our hall! Tomorrow going to get in touch with our priest and hopefully we’ll have photographer/videographer and entertainment booked by the end of the month! We’re getting married May 2019 but still I’m happy we’re planning early
  • Stacy
    Stacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's so great to know Corina! We are 21 months ahead so I don't feel so bad !
  • Lydia
    Devoted June 2019 British Columbia
    Lydia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We've started looking around (not really booked anything yet though) for our June 2019 wedding. We're gonna do a lot of things rather on time though, especially since there would be quite a few people coming from abroad.
    I like this post, it makes me feel less crazy for looking at stuff so far ahead. I did also here from some friends that it really is actually a great idea to start far ahead. One even had trouble getting the location she wanted while she was booking it 1.5 year ahead of time
  • Corina
    Frequent user March 2018 Ontario
    Corina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I planned 18 months ahead. We are now 5 months out and I'm so glad I planned most things so early
  • Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had 22 months to plan my wedding. And I'm glad I had it. I changed my mind on so many things, so many times. The more time you have, the more thought goes into it! In my opinion, you can't have an engagement that's "too long"
  • Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have over 18 months to plan our wedding, and it goes by so quick! Smart to get a head start, especially since certain vendors can book up really early. If you know which venue/vendors you want, book your appointments as early as you can - it won't hurt! Smiley smile

• Stacy
    Stacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

9 months.... YOU GO GIRL !

• Stacy
    Stacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's exactly what I was thinking!

• Shaina
    Frequent user April 2019 Ontario
    Shaina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I keep thinking the same thing about myself, lol. But, as I keep getting told, venues and such for weddings book up fast. It's better to have that stuff out of the way ahead of time, rather than be trying to find somewhere with your date still open when time is almost up!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The earlier the better in most cases (though I was managed to plan my whole wedding in 9 months lol).

• R
    Newbie September 2019 Ontario
    Rushelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am planning already too,always good to get a headstart 😁

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics