Skip to main content
Ellen
Curious October 2019 Ontario

Music with Lyrics

Ellen, on February 26, 2018 at 10:55 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 13
Saved

So I am in love with a song that has lyrics in it for walking down the aisle. Is this a thing people do? Has anyone else done this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1mkYWkoXyo

13 Comments

Latest activity by Cherry, on March 7, 2018 at 17:31
  • Cherry
    Devoted October 2019 Quebec
    Cherry ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message

I am with Candace. It will be "A Thousand Years" for ours as well. This song is special for us as it was the first song I sang to him while we were on our first road trip.

• Rosalyn
    Devoted August 2018 Alberta
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    100%! I will be playing a lyric song for sure
  • A
    Newbie August 2020 Ontario
    Alyssa ·
    • Dispute
    We are doing sugar land want to. It's makes our day even more special because he also used the lyrics in his proposal!
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    I like the idea of lyrics as I walk the aisle, that's my plan so I'll 100% behind you on this 😊
  • Cathrine
    Devoted April 2018 Ontario
    Cathrine ·
    • Dispute
    Yup Lyrics for me too. Thinking of the instrumental version of the song for the recessional.
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute

We are doing A Thousand Years for my aisle song with the lyrics, most weddings I have been to have either done the Bridal Chorus or have used a song with lyrics

• Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute

Lyrics for me as well.

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    The song I’m walking down to as lyrics as well!
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    We have lyrics! I think anything goes these days.
  • Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute

Absolutely fine - all the music we are choosing will have lyrics in it Smiley smile

I think if it's a church setting - instrumental is generally a more welcome choice but when you're in a different venue I like to hear the words as they usually mean something to the couple.

I was the MOH for my best friend last year and we walked down to I'm Yours by Jason Mraz - super catchy. She walked down to A Thousand Years by Christina Perri. Both were sung by a vocalist playing the guitar at the wedding. It was really nice.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute

I think that is totally fine! I had thought of a few songs with words but then came across a Harry Potter song I loved that was instrumental so I chose that instead.

• Amanda
    Frequent user September 2018 New Brunswick
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    Absolutely! I was thinking of walking down the aisle to "my girl" but only changed my mind because I fell in love with an instrumental version of "everything I do"
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute

The song I am walking down the aisle to has lyrics. We won't be playing the whole thing though. We will figure out a good place to fade the song out at our rehearsal.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics