Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ellen
Curious October 2019 Ontario

Getting to the Wedding!

Ellen, on October 7, 2018 at 21:16 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8

Hi Everyone!!

We are currently struggling with some transportation issues. My FH will be getting ready at his parent's house and I will be getting ready at my parent's house. We are planning on having a limo pick up myself, the bridesmaids and my parents to take us to the first look spot, however, how do the boys get there?

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem!!

**side note: we are doing a first look at a different location before the ceremony, if the boys drive to the first look spot, what do we do with their cars??**

8 Comments

Latest activity by Alissa, on October 10, 2018 at 22:25
  • Alissa
    Frequent user September 2020 British Columbia
    Alissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This depends on your budget but we'll be doing a limo for the girls and a party bus for the guys.. once we are together we will all board the party bus to photos/next destination so the limo will only be rented for the one hour to transport the bridal party to wherever the groomsmen are
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having the same issue right now too. I am going to leave this option up to the boys, if they want the limo we can have one pick them up, if they all want to carpool they can.

Best way that I have figured it out is the limo will pick up the guys, take them to the first look spot, come pick up the girls, take us to the first look spot, and then take the guys to the venue (hopefully will be close to the venue) and then they will come back for us.

A second option is to have 2 separate limos one for the guys and one for the girls. Once the guys are at the venue their limo will leave and we will hang out in the limo until closer to the ceremony

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If it's feasible, I would have your limo drive the guys and then get the girls. Or like Tori suggested, the boys take a cab or two to get there.

• Renee
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Renee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Couple options: I am doing the exact same as you! I will do my 1st look at my moms house. She has lots of space and a beautiful house so I'm cool with that backdrop. Another option I saw before (maybe not the very best lol) was a bride who stayed at the hotel I work at got ready there and had the fiancé hide in the bathroom. Or another option that we were going to do was since my photographer would be at our house anyways taking pics then leaving to the next spot, he would have taken my fiancé with him and everyone else would go in the limo.
  • Cindy
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We have the same plan as Jennifer. Boys get dropped off first and then limo comes to get us. We're about 10 min from the church.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Don't suppose it's in the budget to rent another limo just to get them there? Otherwise I'm sure if your FH is anything like mine, he would be fine getting there by cab.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was having this issue too... also since my fiance is getting ready like 2 min away from the church I didnt want to spend too much money on a legit 2 minute drive. But in the end we found a great deal on some limos so the boys and girls will have a separate limo to get to the church and then everyone is getting in a limo bus after!
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Depending on distance. And time. Usually the guys would get picked up first. And bet at the location.
    For me. We arent doing a first look. But i am having our transportation is picking up the guys and dropping them off at ceremony location. Then picking us girls up.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics