Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jessica
Frequent user August 2019 Ontario

Two Moh?

Jessica, on December 31, 2017 at 09:27 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 11
I am toying with the idea of having two MOH because I have to amazing bestfriends and I thought for bachelorette planning etc duties could be spread out. But mainly because I love them both so much and can't decide. Has anyone else gone through this? They are both good friends as well so I don't think they'd be upset...but Is this a big no no? Has anyone had any experience?
Thanks!

11 Comments

Latest activity by Sidni, on January 5, 2018 at 02:32
  • Sidni
    Frequent user July 2018 Saskatchewan
    Sidni ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was in a similar situation, I did not want anyone to feel left out of the MOH position by choosing someone. I have 6 bridesmaids and did not designate a MOH. All my girls will end up helping with everything and I don't think that has to be left up to one person.

• J
    Newbie October 2018 British Columbia
    Jessey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    How about asking one to marry you guys? Same issue with us.. on both parties! So we are having his bestie and my bestie marry us and our other besties beside us Smiley smile
  • Jennifer
    Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am having 4 bridesmaids, no MOH. I told them they have to split the MOH duties Smiley smile

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm considering doing this for my two best friends, one who is in the midst of a career change and one who is going through school and will still be in school when I get married. They both know each other and could bounce ideas off each other, help each other, etc.

• Crystal
    Curious June 2018 Ontario
    Crystal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I asked both my sisters to be my MOHs. Works out great because they can split all responsibilities, making it easier on both. They are both super excited they don’t have to make speeches by themselves lol.

my church doesn’t have a very wide aisle or else I would have both my MOH walk with the best man (one on each arm of course). But because I don’t have the room all three of them will be walking on their own.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had two MOH but that's because one was a Maid of Honour and the other a Matron of Honour since she had recently gotten married Smiley smile Neither of them lived near me so the bachelorette planning fell to someone else which wasn't a problem. One walked down the aisle with the best man, the other with a groomsmen and I just picked who had known me longest for the signing.

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have a friend who had 2 MOH. One was her sister and one was her friend... She got her sister to sign for her. And they both did a speech together. It was kinda cool.
  • Ellen
    Curious October 2019 Ontario
    Ellen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for the advice, I think I am just overthinking it!

• Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Have one walk and one sign. Or have both walk (MOH, Best man, MOH) and have them decide who signs.
  • Ellen
    Curious October 2019 Ontario
    Ellen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have asked two ladies to be my maid of honours, I am just wondering if anyone else has done this and how did the figure out who walks down the isle with the best man, and who signs as a witness?

• Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think if they are both okay with it then go for it! It would take the stress off of just one for planning so I think it's a good idea. My MOH lives 8hrs away so all my bridesmaids are going to do party planning instead of just the MOH. No stress for anyone that way!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics