Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Victoria
Expert November 2019 Ontario

Bridesmaid proposals!

Victoria, on December 26, 2017 at 09:27 Posted in Before the wedding 0 44
Gave out my first bridesmaid proposal last night (to FH’s sister). She loved it! What are some things you guys did for yours??

Bridesmaid proposals! 1

Bridesmaid proposals! 2

44 Comments

Latest activity by Victoria, on January 6, 2018 at 00:48
  • Victoria
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Etsy always prevails.

• Sidni
    Frequent user July 2018 Saskatchewan
    Sidni ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I loved the necklaces and now we all have matching ones for the events that we will be doing before the wedding. They were a little hard to find though, I finally was able to find them in an etsy shop. Awh, too bad about the ring pops.
  • Victoria
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh i love that!!

• Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wanted to get fancy with my proposals but there never seemed to be a good time to get that fancy. So for my maid of honor (Coffee Lover) when going to a wedding show I asked for an extra cup to put on the outside of the cup and wrote will you be my Maid of Honour? The double cup thing took her for a loop and than when she looked she said yes of course as we have been friends since 2000 when I moved out to where I live now.

• Victoria
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Love the little dainty bows! So cute.

• Victoria
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh the necklace is such a good idea!

I tried ordering ring pops but they all smashed in the mail Smiley sad stupid amazon lol.

• Victoria
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Mine totally already know too lol. My sister would prob kill me if she wasnt my MOH anyway ahaha.

• Victoria
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ooooh love! Theyre such a good size too.

• Summer
    Devoted May 2019 Ontario
    Summer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is so cute! I made a box for my maid of honour but haven’t yet given it to her. She already knew she’d be my MOH anyway! But I think it’s fun to do if you want!
  • Sidni
    Frequent user July 2018 Saskatchewan
    Sidni ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wish I had pictures of mine! I put together little boxes with their initial on the outside of the box. Inside I included a note that said "I promise no puffy sleeves, ugly colours, or bows on the butt" and then when they opened the tissue paper there was a bottle of nail polish that matched the wedding colours, a ring pop, 3 elastic hair ties I found on the etsy that have a note on them that said "I can't tie the knot without you", a colour palette for the wedding, and a card that I made that said "its my turn to pop the question, will you be my bridesmaid?" that I attached a simple gold circle necklace to so that it looked like a ring on the card.

• April
    Frequent user September 2018 Saskatchewan
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got these and flowers for my girls 😊😊

Bridesmaid proposals! 3
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think what you did is sweet! I think the mug is absolutely gorgeous! I personally didn't do anything like this though as it would have been way too difficult and complicated (both my BMs live far away) and it's not really my style.

• Ellen
    Curious October 2019 Ontario
    Ellen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Bridesmaids GiftsBridesmaid proposals! 4

I gave these to my bridesmaids and maid of honours!

https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/TheBeezKneezDesigns1?ref=l2-shopheader-name

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I totally agree with this! I found some beautiful things on Etsy including the lanterns I’m using for centrepieces 😊
  • Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    All of your posts are the same thing, you just tearing apart ideas and calling it "criticism".
    But opinions are opinions, and that is yours and this is mine. Have a good day 😊
  • H
    Frequent user June 2019 Ontario
    Hj ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I disagree. I said why I didn't do one and why. I know several people who have felt pressured into accepting being a bridesmaid when they didn't want to because of an elaborate and expensive bridesmaid proposal. I think it's important that people be aware of this when they are considering how they want to ask their bridesmaids. Nothing I said was unkind, rude, or off topic. I'm just another person on the internet. People can choose to disregard my opinion if they choose.

It is so important that people learn the difference between a criticism of a social practice and a criticism of them personally. Otherwise no one can ever have critical conversations about anything. I'm not of the opinion that a supportive community screams "omg I love it!!!" about everything.

• Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think her point is that when you criticize the "industry" for ideas like that, it comes off as you criticizing the people for liking and choosing that idea. Maybe you should find a way to get your point across kindly or keep it to your self. People prefer opinions that mean something other then ones that are rude and out of place.
  • H
    Hj ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Good! I'm glad you're doing something that you like! I posted about making a different decision for my wedding. I hope that in the future you can choose to not attack me for that. My criticism was of a societal trend, not a personal critique.
  • Jessica
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Absolutely!! I love supporting artists and small businesses whenever possible! Its hard out there!
    I've attached a few ideas I'm looking at from Etsy if anyone was interested! There really is some amazing stuff on there!

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/496679614/illustrated-pencil-case-will-you-be-my
    https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/488770534/will-you-be-my-bridesmaid-gold-foil
    https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/505858468/will-you-be-my-bridesmaid-card
    https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/544534573/rose-gold-hand-lettered-custom-embossed
    https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/237500066/hair-tie-bridesmaid-gift-pink-floral
  • Victoria
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks gal! I love Etsy cause it’s a great way to give small business owners and artisans a platform for their talent! The wedding industry can suck sometimes but one positive is giving business and an opportunity for artists to showcase their talent Smiley smile
  • Jessica
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm planning to put together a box too! Not too% sure what to put in it yet but I have some ideas of things I found on Etsy. I think it's nice to have something they can use on the wedding day. Yours looks great!
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    They really loved it, my MOH put it on her fridge
  • Victoria
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The card idea is so cute!! Love it
  • Victoria
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks lady! I understand the spread out bridesmaid stuff Smiley cry I got lucky and ended up seeing mine all close together!
  • Victoria
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks gal Smiley heart The support of this website is why we join!
  • Victoria
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    LOL did you lurk them all too. Obsessed with you Smiley heart
  • Victoria
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It doesn’t. Don’t fret Smiley smile
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wish I had pictures but I put a wine glass in each box that had “bridesmaid” (or Maid of Honour”) on one side and their name on the other. A purple getting ready robe with their name on the back. And a card explaining why they were special to me, and some candles in each one.
  • Lydia
    Devoted June 2019 British Columbia
    Lydia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love the boxes and the whole idea of it!
    I'd like to do something like that, but for sure would ask them first if they would want to do it especially since I'd unfortunately need to send most of them by mail instead of being able to hand them over Smiley sad but they're so cute!
  • Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You're just a bundle of joy in all your posts aren't you...
  • H
    Hj ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    If you read my post, you'd see there was no criticism. I stated that I didn't do this and why. You are, of course, free to do whatever you like.
  • H
    Hj ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The post...literally asks how people asked their bridesmaids. I stated what I did and why. If you are comfortable and confident in how you did yours, my opinion should have no impact on you.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics