Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ellen
Curious October 2019 Ontario

Sending Save the Dates

Ellen, on February 17, 2018 at 18:48 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 6

Is it necessary to send save the dates to family members that you know most likely will not attend as they live in a different province and it is costly to travel? We will still send them an invitation but are save the dates necessary?

6 Comments

Latest activity by Alexandra, on February 24, 2018 at 21:20
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Most of my family lives in England, so I sent out save the dates and honestly I’m so shocked at how many people are going to try and come! I’d say do it because more people will actually come. I just did e-save the dates on paperless post since they have the option to request mailing addressses too. And they were super cheap (I paid like $9 for 35)
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it depends on your budget in the end. Even electronic Save the Dates work, as I did a small FB group for 2 purposes:

1) Save the date

2) collect addresses and get names of plus ones.

Saved money and we can put more money towards the actual invites.

• Kris
    Frequent user June 2018 British Columbia
    Kris ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think that even if they can't come they might like something for memory purposes.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes. It doesn't hurt anyone, especially if they are digital. You'd be surprised who might actually say yes even if you think they won't.

• Rebecca
    Frequent user October 2018 Ontario
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would say yes. You would be surprised who will end up coming ! Also, if they can’t at least they have the save the date as a keepsake if they want!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I thought the same thing about my family. We still sent out save the dates and a couple of them are actually planning on coming. It was a nice surprise. So, I would say, yes, send out the save the dates even if you don't think they will come.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics