Allison

'Niagara on the Lake', Ontario · From September 2019

Happily married 🎉

June 26, 2021

1028days 4hrs
Allison
Caught between Mom and Fmil.
Allison, On April 29, 2020 at 14:30

OK I need some advice, ladies! I'm supposed to be getting married October 17, 2020. My fiance's family is from Italy, so his aunts and uncles and grandparents are supposed to be flying in. Obviously,...

Patricia, thursday 14-May-20 8 161
D
Bridesmaid dresses
Diana, On January 26, 2020 at 10:52

I’m located near Toronto I am looking for gold brides made dresses does anyone have any recommendations it’s one of the hardest colours to find.

Ashley, tuesday 28-Jan-20 4
Cliodhna
How many... dresses have you tried on?
Cliodhna, On January 27, 2020 at 09:05

Wedding dress/outfit shopping! Like any other type of shopping, some people love it, others would rather spend their time elsewhere! Have you started shopping for your wedding day outfit yet? How...

Haylee, saturday 30-May-20 32
Sana
Draping, decor, and budgets
Sana, On January 18, 2020 at 17:44

I'm trying to get a sense of what draping a very large venue would cost me. Obviously I need to consult with some decorators around the specifics of my venue and what level of draping i require, but i...

Drape, tuesday 2-Apr-24 11
L
Bridal Party Hair & Make up?
Lauren, On January 20, 2020 at 01:50

Hey all. Just wondering what the thing to do is these days. Do we, as the bride, pay for bridal party hair and make up too, or does everyone pay for their own? I have no idea! TIA

Jamie, thursday 23-Jan-20 16
N
Selfish or not?
Nicole, On January 17, 2020 at 03:41

Am I crazy for wanting it to be only my fiance and I on the big day? I want to run away, out of town with him for a few days, then celebrate with family when we're home. Is that wrongfully selfish? ...

Vinod, friday 17-Jan-20 8
Sara
Looking for alternative head table ideas
Sara, On January 1, 2020 at 17:16

I don't like the idea of the wedding party sitting at a head table at the front of the room presiding over the guests like royalty. It feels weird and too hard to visit, as you're all facing away from...

Erika, wednesday 8-Jan-20 14
Lynne
Makeup and Hair
Lynne, On January 1, 2020 at 18:58

Hi everyone, I'm curious to know if some of you will be doing their own hair and makeup on your big day. I'm still undecided whether to have it professionally done or do it myself.

Megan, wednesday 5-Feb-20 31
Stephanie
Diy cake
Stephanie, On January 2, 2020 at 08:18

I feel like this is an awful idea when I think about the week before. I'm making my own decoration and hiering someone for the backdrop and hanging fabric, I'm doing my bouquets and all the flowers in...

Celine, thursday 27-Aug-20 33
Allison
Wedding Favours that Give Back
Allison, On January 2, 2020 at 13:10

Hi everyone! I really want to make sure my wedding favours are doing something to help the community. I wanted to give a donation in lieu of a favour, but my fiance is fearful that people will ask...

Ashley, friday 3-Jan-20 5 91
S
Save The Dates
Saba, On December 8, 2019 at 21:23

Hi everyone, I am planning on sending ecards for save the dates. Any suggestions for a cheap/free service that allows me to create and email/text/send an image of my save the dates?

Ashley, tuesday 10-Dec-19 7
S
Selecting a wedding website
Saba, On December 8, 2019 at 21:28

Hi everyone, I am trying to create a website that allows me to do the following: 1. Create multiple events and invite guests to RSVP to only SELECT events I.e. I have a rehearsal dinner that only 50...

Sadia, tuesday 21-Jan-20 4
K
Photographer
Katelyn, On December 5, 2019 at 12:54

I have never booked a professional photographer for anything before so I'm not exactly sure what I should be looking for in the contract, or what questions I should be asking? I found one photographer...

Megan, friday 6-Dec-19 11
Allison
Traditional Wedding Cake
Allison, On December 5, 2019 at 13:08

Rather than a traditional wedding cake, my FH and I are looking into a cannoli cake, sort of like this: https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/388013324147243642/ Has anyone done a non-traditional "cake" like...

Cliodhna, tuesday 10-Dec-19 5 91
Cliodhna
What’s your signature cocktail?
Cliodhna, On December 5, 2019 at 09:05

A signature cocktail is a fun way to add some personality to your wedding menu and is quickly becoming a cocktail hour staple! Are you serving a signature cocktail at your wedding? 🍹 What is the...

Rayanne, monday 9-Dec-19 13
Stephanie
Rustic Wedding Venue Ideas
Stephanie, On November 19, 2019 at 14:27

Hi everyone, I’m looking for ideas for a venue that’s kind of rustic. Possibly an old mansion or historic building, or farm. Open to all suggestions. Looking for something a bit more on the affordable...

Allison, wednesday 4-Dec-19 6
Sadia
Hotel recommendations for wedding night?
Sadia, On November 30, 2019 at 14:45

Hi friends! Me again! Where are you staying on your wedding night? I’m trying to book a nice hotel downtown Toronto that will treat us well, maybe throw in a bottle of champagne. Mostly something...

Gloria, saturday 18-Jan-20 10
Allison
Pre-wedding "work"
Allison, On December 4, 2019 at 15:39

I've been thinking about getting botox/fillers before my wedding. Not to change my face, per say, but to enhance it. I'd like to get botox in my forehead, so that my frown lines are less prominent...

Ashley, friday 6-Dec-19 4 118
M
RSVP Date
Mahsa, On December 2, 2019 at 13:06

Hi everyone, I'm about to order my wedding invitation taking advantage of Vista Print 60% off... My wedding is in Toronto so local however I do have lots of out of town guests coming. Is having RSVP...

Ashley, friday 6-Dec-19 14
N
Wedding hashtag??
Nichole, On December 2, 2019 at 14:57

Figured I'd give this a shot... Looking for a hashtag for our June 2020 wedding. My fiance's last name is Macmillan and mine is Simmons... Hellppp

Cliodhna, friday 6-Dec-19 7
Kimberly
Seating chart paper
Kimberly, On December 2, 2019 at 21:14

So I’m planning on making a seating chart like the one below. All I can find is normal paper sized card stock from michaels. I was hoping to find pre cut so that all I have to do is print on them. If...

Cliodhna, tuesday 10-Dec-19 5
HauntedHeartBrides
How to inform guests that small children are not welcome?
HauntedHeartBrides, On December 2, 2019 at 21:48

We have a strict limit of 75 people maximum for our wedding due to our budget. Because of this we're limiting who are and aren't inviting- including the minimum age for the guests. Now Randee has two...

Allison, wednesday 4-Dec-19 12
Rayanne
What did you look for in Mua?
Rayanne, On December 2, 2019 at 22:27

How did you pick your MUA? What is important? Are you looking for airbrush? Are you looking at someone to do makeup and hair? Is it important that they come to you or are you going to a shop? I know I...

Kelly, wednesday 11-Dec-19 11
Joey
Stag and Doe - yes or no??
Joey, On December 3, 2019 at 14:53

Will you have a stag and doe, or are you skipping this particular pre-wedding party? Are they popular in your area? If you're having one, what kinds of activities do you have planned? Photo by The...

Tori, monday 9-Dec-19 32
R
I don’t want to plan a wedding! 🤷🏼‍♀️
Renee, On December 3, 2019 at 21:58

We got engaged over a month ago and haven’t planned a single thing yet. We are excited to get married and very much want to be married but the idea of planning a wedding makes me want to jump out of...

Meaghan, monday 9-Dec-19 15
Kelsie
Jewelry Inspo!
Kelsie, On December 4, 2019 at 09:52

Hey guys and gals! My wedding is slowly starting to creep up! I've got my dress, got my shoes, got my veil on order - the next thing I have to tackle is jewelry. I'm pretty useless in terms of...

Ashley, friday 6-Dec-19 10 1
Hope
Ceremony (ring part)
Hope, On December 4, 2019 at 11:52

Hey all, I have 2 wedding bands that go around my engagement ring, I'm trying to figure out how my fiance is going to put them on my finger at our ceremony. Am I not supposed to wear my engagement...

Ashley, friday 6-Dec-19 7
Colleen
Ways to save but not compromise on aesthetic?
Colleen, On November 22, 2019 at 10:27

Hi! My fiance and I are currently both students (hence the long engagement lol) and are trying to find ways that we can save money on the wedding while also not compromising on it looking amazing!...

Erin, thursday 9-Jan-20 17
Lynne
Anyone else making their wedding invitations?
Lynne, On October 21, 2019 at 15:43

I'm in the process of making my wedding invitation cards and I'm curious to know if I'm the only crazy person on this board. 🤪 Has anyone else decided to make their invitations?

Ben, monday 19-Feb-24 28
Allison
Decision Help!
Allison, On December 2, 2019 at 16:22

I am really really trying not to be a bridezilla, but it seems my wedding is just not going to be what I want and I'm worried I will be miserable on my wedding day (not to be dramatic). For context,...

Tori, wednesday 4-Dec-19 11 152
A
Bridal party makeup & hair.
Ashley, On November 4, 2019 at 15:02

Hi Ladies!! I'm just wondering if any of you are paying for your bridal parties hair & makeup or is everyone paying for themselves?? When I was a bridesmaid in my best friends wedding I paid for...

Allison, monday 2-Dec-19 19
Lynnie
Garter Toss? Keep or Cancel?
Lynnie, On September 16, 2019 at 09:50

I have to confess that I've never actually seen a garter toss in person! But apparently 37% of grooms still participate in this reception tradition! Will this toss tradition make the cut for your...

Allison, monday 2-Dec-19 31

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics