Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hope
Newbie September 2020 Ontario

Ceremony (ring part)

Hope, on December 4, 2019 at 11:52 Posted in WeddingWire 0 7
Hey all, I have 2 wedding bands that go around my engagement ring, I'm trying to figure out how my fiance is going to put them on my finger at our ceremony. Am I not supposed to wear my engagement ring the day of ? And he just put both bands on my finger? I'm a little lost, I could use some help please.
Ceremony (ring part) 1

7 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on December 6, 2019 at 12:05
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He can just take off ur engagement ring put one band then put ur engagement ring then the other band! im def wearing my engagement ring on the day of

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For my wedding I still wore my engagemnt ring but simply took it off my finger right as he turned around to grab the wedding band from one of his best men and then put it on after the band was placed Smiley smile

Since you have 2 wedding bands I would say to do the same thing but you only have to but the engagment ring on after the first band is placed on your finger.

• Allison
    Curious June 2021 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The last wedding I went to, the bride wore her engagement ring as usual, and her hubby placed her wedding band on top and she swapped them quickly before photos.

The wedding I attended prior to that, the bride put her engagement ring on her right hand while the priest was chatting and then after her husband put her wedding band on, she put her engagement ring back on her left hand!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I haven't seen an engagement ring with 2 bands before, is one for a 1st year anniversary or are the both wedding bands?

I only had one wedding band but I wore the engagement ring as normal on the left side (doesn't fit on the right) and my DH put the wedding band on top. After the ceremony, before photos, I quickly moved the wedding band to the bottom.

For your 2 bands, it might be better to have your engagement ring either on your right side or held by your MOH. Then your FH would put the first band on, put the engagement ring back on, then top it with the 2nd band.

• Hope
    Newbie September 2020 Ontario
    Hope ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ok I like that idea of Fh putting all 3 on in order and the officiant says something as he puts all 3 on. That is so helpful thank you!

• Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    There are many ways you can do this. But what I'll be doing is wearing my engagement ring on my right hand throughout the ceremony and once were declared husband and wife I'll move it back over to my left. Or you can give your engagement ring to someone you trust (maid of honor maybe) and have them hold on to it until after. Or you don't have to wear it at all. In your particular case, the way I'd do it is have FH put all 3 on in the right order. There are words you can have the officiant say as he puts each one on, like the engagement ring is the promise while the bands are the commitment of that promise. But it's up to you really how you want to do it Smiley smile
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Its hard to tell with every bride and the choices made upon the size and style of the ring. The best person to give the answer and helpful may be a jeweller suggesting which way can work towards the ring your getting.

The other way is to try it out on your finger and see if you like the engagement ring behind or in front of your wedding band to give that look your after.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics