Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Allison
Curious June 2021 Ontario

Pre-wedding "work"

Allison, on December 4, 2019 at 15:39 Posted in Beauty 0 4

I've been thinking about getting botox/fillers before my wedding. Not to change my face, per say, but to enhance it.

I'd like to get botox in my forehead, so that my frown lines are less prominent (especially in photos, and having makeup sink into those lines).And then I'd also like to get fillers under my eyes (I have lines similar to tear troughs, but lower) and in my jawline to sharpen it.

Has anyone gotten work done prior to the wedding? How soon before? How did you decide what to get done? Do you have any recos in the GTA?

4 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on December 6, 2019 at 12:11
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would do a trial WAYYYY before your wedding to see how your body reacts to it. then if you want too do it shortly before your wedding

• Sadia
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Sadia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I actually made an appointment at a clinic on Yonge in April for lip fillers. My lips are nice and I’m happy with them, but I’d like them to be a bit fuller. I’m getting two needles above my Cupid’s bow area to drop my smile (if I get too happy my smile gets very gummy which I don’t want in photos) I cant wait!
  • Miav
    Devoted September 2020 Alberta
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mine is more of a skin problem as I have lots of annoying skin tags on my neck, back and shoulders. I am thinking to get skin tags removal 3 months before the wedding, esp because my dress is off-shoulder. I've already met a dermatologist about it and they told me it usually heals in a week or 2 weeks. I'm getting it done a couple of months before to be on the safe side

I advice that you talk to a dermatologist as soon as possible about the procedures you are considering. Because healing time/effectiveness depends on what the procedures are Smiley smile

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I know this isn't the same but I had a benign tumour that I had to have removed which was very visible - you can see it in my engagement photos actually. I had the surgery in October and it's still healing, plus I may need an additional surgery to further remove it in March.

I'd give yourself plenty of time for any type of procedure you're having, cosmetic or otherwise.

I'd also consult a doctor to get their feedback as well because they know best. My surgeon has been phenomenal at keeping my healing on track for my wedding in July.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics