Coquitlam, British Columbia · From May 2018

Hello! I'm getting married on May 20, 2019

Happily married 🎉

May 20, 2019

1774days 19hrs
Deziray
Plus one Ettiquette
Deziray, On April 19, 2019 at 22:09

Hi, so I am getting married in August and I have a few questions about plus one Ettiquette. I sent out invites recently. Each one was addressed to whoever was included in the invite ie: Friend and...

Kelly, sunday 11-Aug-19 20
M
Paying for bridesmaid beauty/rehersal dinner
Michelle, On April 15, 2019 at 18:19

Hi, everyone! I have a few different friends' groups, but it seems that if the bride wants a specific bridesmaid dress, she pays for it, and if she picked just the colour, the bridesmaids paid for it....

Deziray, saturday 20-Apr-19 13 185
L
What are you doing with your dress after the wedding?
Liarra, On April 5, 2019 at 03:00

Hi brides!! What do you plan on doing with your dress after the wedding. I have been researching and I've seen so many different options! Personally I always thought I'd want to keep it tucked away to...

Stephanie, sunday 2-Jun-19 40
Alexandria
Advice on Getting Ready Robe
Alexandria, On March 31, 2019 at 08:36

Any advice appreciated! I am trying to choose a robe to get ready in on my wedding day. There are a few points to consider which is why I am asking for help: 1) Me and my friends are going to do our...

Donna, thursday 11-Apr-19 14
Stephanie
May 2019 Brides!!!!
Stephanie, On April 1, 2019 at 08:50

How are we all doing!!! Are you as excited as I am to be able to officially say "We're getting married next month!!" I was sure to wake my FH up at midnight last night to inform him hahaha! What's...

Stephanie, monday 8-Apr-19 15
Allen
Overwhelmed
Allen, On March 23, 2019 at 22:08

So I'm 4weeks exactly today and I am bombarded with things to do! I've only finished part of my centerpieces for two tables. I am beyond stressed out! I'm so nervous when the day comes that everything...

Allen, sunday 7-Apr-19 18
Andrea
Booking hair and makeup late.
Andrea, On March 25, 2019 at 04:52

So I have had a really stressful few months and a lot of my wedding planning has had to go on the back burner. It is now spring break and I am trying to get back into the flow. I have realized that I...

Donna Yeung, saturday 20-Apr-19 13
Kelly
Rehearsal
Kelly, On March 26, 2019 at 11:58

Our venue only has 6 1-hour slots available for rehearsals, and they're given on a first come/first serve basis. I thought I was being nice by sending my bridal party a doodle poll for their...

Donna Yeung, saturday 20-Apr-19 13
Marissa
Finished Favours!
Marissa, On March 17, 2019 at 15:23

Finally finished putting together the favours with my mom, sister and FH! I was really pleased with how they turned out. We managed to find bags and chocolates in our colours (burgundy, blush, ivory...

Marissa, tuesday 26-Mar-19 17
Candace
Bridesmaids Dresses
Candace, On March 25, 2019 at 18:16

How did you decide on your bridesmaids dresses? Did you get all the girls together to go shopping or did they go on their own? Are they all wearing matching dresses? Post some inspiration pics below! ...

Deziray, saturday 20-Apr-19 31
Sarah
Average bouquet sizes
Sarah, On March 14, 2019 at 17:42

Curious what the average bridal bouquet size is?I have fallen in love with a silk style on amazon but the size seems a little small.This style is only 8 inches in diameter 🤔 won’t that look strange...

Sarah, thursday 4-Apr-19 12
Andie
Am I Being a Bridezilla?
Andie, On March 22, 2019 at 16:48

So some background: I've only been to 3 weddings in my life (one when I was a kid, one I was a BM, and one just a guest) so I don't know all the etiquette. I feel like I've been one of the most chill...

Becky, tuesday 26-Mar-19 22
Peggy
Ugh. rsvp vent
Peggy, On March 22, 2019 at 16:47

I sent out my save the dates 16 months ago, and our wedding invitations in January. Tomorrow is our RSVP deadline. As of this morning, I still had 181 out of 270 guests who had not RSVP'd. I enlisted...

Sharlene, friday 5-Apr-19 22
Kirsten
Registry
Kirsten, On March 25, 2019 at 08:33

Pretty sure it has been asked before but I cannot find it for the life of me. When is the best time to start our registry? Our wedding isn't till 2021

Jennifer, thursday 28-Mar-19 9
Monica
Invitations
Monica, On March 23, 2019 at 19:03

Hi guys! When wording your invites, did you include the names of your parents as well? Or did you choose to write bride and groom’s names?

Donna Yeung, saturday 20-Apr-19 23
M
Writing own vows - corporate car lingo
Michelle, On March 25, 2019 at 13:04

Hi, everyone! My FH and I have decided to write our own vows. He is a car-nut, and I would like to incorporate some car language into it, to personalize it a bit more. I'd apprciate any help with some...

Cliodhna, wednesday 27-Mar-19 5 84
Donna
How many times have you changed your seating chart?
Donna, On March 24, 2019 at 20:27

Is it just me or what!!!! How many times have you all written out your Table arrangements Who's sitting where, no that's can't work, back to Square One. I have written mine out too many times. Still...

Candace, tuesday 26-Mar-19 16
Valérie
Rehearsal Dinner Attire
Valérie, On March 12, 2019 at 12:40

We just recently started talking to my in-laws about the rehearsal dinner. We're happy to hear that they want to host it and are happy to keep it casual (our only request!). I was caught off guard...

Robyn, friday 15-Mar-19 25
Danielle
How to include a stepmom?
Danielle, On March 7, 2019 at 17:35

Would love some advice or ideas as I’d like to include my Dad’s wife somehow in my wedding day without giving her the typical mom roles. We’ve got a good relationship but she came into my life later...

Donna, sunday 24-Mar-19 10
Elizabeth
Are Wedding Crasher Plates Necessary?
Elizabeth, On March 12, 2019 at 14:25

Should I accommodate dinner for people showing up that didn't RSVP? I have heard of a few people doing it. Do I NEED to prepared for this scenario? Would it be rude to ask someone to come back after...

Holly, sunday 24-Mar-19 25
Stephanie
Very Small Ceremony Space - What to do?
Stephanie, On March 11, 2019 at 17:57

Hello ladies, As I'm planning my wedding, I realized that the amount of people invited to the wedding is probably more than I can fit in the small public park next to the water. The location is very...

Amanda, friday 22-Mar-19 14
Stephanie
Living Together!
Stephanie, On February 19, 2019 at 08:09

Good morning everyone! I know I have seen a bunch of times on here how long couples have lived together before marriage! As a bride myself who is waiting until marriage to live together, I want to...

Missa, thursday 25-Jul-19 34 1
Kelly
Rude to leave on honeymoon right away?
Kelly, On March 11, 2019 at 13:44

My fiance and I just booked our honeymoon accommodations and we're stupid excited!!! We're taking a full 2 weeks, heading out to Banff, then Kelowna/Lake Country for some vinyard hopping, hiking, etc....

Kaisha, sunday 24-Mar-19 26
Bianca
Proper Postage
Bianca, On March 14, 2019 at 01:58

Please tell me I’m not the only one, but we just received our invitations, began piecing them together, now I’m worried about the postage. I’ve already purchased the stamps (lowest postage stamp...

Tianna, wednesday 20-Mar-19 22
Jillian
Wedding Dress shopping and weightloss
Jillian, On March 12, 2019 at 10:31

Looking for advice for wedding dress shopping. Here's a bit of a back story. I gained 100 lbs in a span of 5 years then 3.5 years ago I lost 70lbs. I have maintained 60lbs loss over the last 2 years...

Charlotte, wednesday 24-Jul-19 15
Lynnie
What's your future Mrs. name?
Lynnie, On March 13, 2019 at 15:32

It was a long time coming after many years of dating, but I finally became Mrs. May! If you'll be changing your last name after the wedding, what new name are you taking on?

Elizabeth, monday 17-Feb-20 85
Stephanie
Timing for Speeches
Stephanie, On March 7, 2019 at 15:06

Hey everyone! So I'm working on timelines with my FH now and I'm a bit stumped on when to do the speeches... We are doing a buffet, for 200 people, so I am allocating about an hour for everyone to get...

Jenay, friday 9-Jun-23 13
Becky
What stage of wedding planning are you at?
Becky, On March 6, 2019 at 13:22

I have 7 months left until I get married! Currently I am focusing on planning of my Buck and Doe on May 25th. Where abouts are you in your wedding planning and how many months or days until you get...

Rayanne, wednesday 24-Jul-19 82
M
Couples getting married on 20/may/2019 in British Columbia
Michelle, On March 11, 2019 at 12:29

Hey everyone! We're getting married in about 2.5 months! Was there any particular reason why you picked May 20th as your wedding date? I was super close with my Nanny, and I asked my mom years ago...

Joey, tuesday 12-Mar-19 2 32
M
When to Obtain Your Marriage License (in BC)?
Michelle, On March 5, 2019 at 13:33

Hey, everyone! I live in BC, and know that you can apply for your marriage license 3 months before the wedding. I'm getting married on May 20th, so we're about 2.5 months away. I want to get it now,...

Leah, thursday 7-Mar-19 6
Rachael
Vendors: Which To Invite?
Rachael, On February 26, 2019 at 09:09

How are you deciding which vendors to invite to your dinner/reception? Is there a criteria you'll be following to help you determine this? For us, inviting our DJ, florist and photographer are a...

Amanda, wednesday 6-Mar-19 19
L
How early should I reserve hair/makeup artists?
Liarra, On February 19, 2019 at 20:09

Hi ladies, My wedding is just under a year away and I havent started looking into makeup/hair artists yet but I'm wondering how far in advance I should start the process? Also if anyone has...

Sharlene, friday 22-Mar-19 28

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics