Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rachael
Super October 2019 Ontario

Vendors: Which To Invite?

Rachael, on February 26, 2019 at 09:09 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 19

How are you deciding which vendors to invite to your dinner/reception? Is there a criteria you'll be following to help you determine this?

For us, inviting our DJ, florist and photographer are a given. But I'm not sure who else to include. (If any.)

Edit: We will also include our event planner! She slipped my mind. (Thank you for the reminder, Tori. Smiley winking )

19 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on March 6, 2019 at 07:20
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will feed our photographer and DJ.. that's it. we don't have a planner or a florist and our baker is dropping the cake off prior to the ceremony so she won't be staying.. it's at a restaurant so all the wait staff/bartenders work there anyways.. I would offer it to whoever is present during the dinner, that's it.. don't go overboard - you have to pay for it all

• M
    Curious May 2019 British Columbia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm going off of what is in the contract, as well as who will be at the venue during dinner (our reception is at a different location than our ceremony). We have 2 bartenders, a DJ, and a photographer that we will be paying for dinner. Also, keep in mind that most of your vendors that are eating dinner, will need a place to sit! Our DJ will eat at the DJ table (states in his contract), the 2 bartenders and the photographer are at tables (the bartenders are taking turns, to keep the drinks flowing).

• Rachael
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you, Vinod! Smiley smile

We will definitely pay for the vendors who are present during our dinner/reception, but currently the only one who will be there for certain (as per contract/services) is our DJ.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I hadn't known until it was brought up by the vendor that they had a meal included part of their contract paid by us. So I really didn't include them in our dinner time as they ate prior to the reception starting. There were 4 people (3 vendors) that were fed. Videographer, DJ and 2 photographers. My only offering was the main course to cut costs as oppose to the guests meals. Baker wasn't included part of the meal.

No matter which vendor you invite to your dinner time, its still on you to pay.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's a good idea!

• Rachael
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you, Allison! Smiley smile

That's what I was wondering about our event planner too; however, I'll extend an invitation to her (and if that's the case, I'm sure she will clarify that).

• Rachael
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you, Becky! Smiley smile

• Rachael
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

LOL, right? (Also who could refuse poutine?!)

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Any vendors that are present during dinner, I would be giving them dinner.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha! I felt bad like the photo booth guy will be set up close to the late night poutine station and it would have been so mean to be like "no you can't have" hahah!!!
  • Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have the photographer and our DJ for dinner.

We extended an invitation for our officiant but it's unlikely she'll come since she works in healthcare full-time and officiants weddings on the side.

Our event coordinator works for the venue, so I don't know if she's automatically getting food or what the protocol is. I assume she'll find time to eat like the waitstaff/bartenders but now not sure lol

• Rachael
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you, Casey!

Both our florist and photographer are likely going to leave during the reception; however, we've decided to extend them the invitation regardless much like your photographer.

• Rachael
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you, Bianca! Logically that makes sense. Smiley smile

• Rachael
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks, Stephanie. Smiley smile

That was nice of you to insist on a meal for your photo booth vendor! Also the latter's understandable!

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with Stephanie. Going off what is listed in the contract.

We are including our DJ. My photographer will be done by 8pm, so it will be open to them if they want to stay for the meal (our meal should be served around 7)

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m only including those vendors who will be there during dinner. So that’s my DJ and two photographers. I’m not inviting our officiant since were having the ceremony at a different location (not a church), so this person is strictly a vendor to us.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm basically going off of who requires one in their contract Haha!
    DJ, photog (x2), videographer, coordinator (x2)... our photo booth guy is coming at 830 and he said he doesnt need a meal but I told him to please help himself to the late night station and desserts!
    Florist/decorator/cake artist I am not including as they will not be present for the reception
  • Rachael
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you, Tori! Smiley smile

We won't be having a videographer, but will likely ask our florist because we get along with her well and she's traveling from outside of the city.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Basically, if they are present during the supper/reception - they get food.

So like you said, DJ and photographer, only include the florist if they are there during the reception, and then also the wedding planner/DOC, and videographer.

Other than that you shouldn't feel the need to have a meal provided for the officiant if they are not a family friend or something as they are not needed after the ceremony.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics