Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kirsten
Frequent user October 2025 Alberta

Registry

Kirsten, on March 25, 2019 at 08:33 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 9

Pretty sure it has been asked before but I cannot find it for the life of me. When is the best time to start our registry? Our wedding isn't till 2021

9 Comments

Latest activity by Jennifer, on March 28, 2019 at 17:07
  • Jennifer
    Curious August 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you go through the Bay, you save 10% additional on anything that you purchase. We bought our house before our wedding is happening so I registered around 10 months before to pick up some stuff we needed right away. But generally I would say just a few months before your shower.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'd say on the safe side, 4 months in advance to get the registry started. Your invitation can let your guests know where they can look online or in person to purchase.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did my wedding registry just before I sent out my invites, so about 6 months before the wedding. For my bridal shower registry I did it about a month before the bridal shower.

Just keep in mind that you might need to update your registry if you registered for something and someone got it for you early or you no longer something.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wouldn't do it more than a year in advance of your wedding! One of the biggest issues we're finding is we add stuff to the registry and then later find out things aren't in stock or carried anymore or has changed... its annoying to have to go back in and update it all the time! Nice to add new things but always a bit disappointing to add something and then find out you can't get it anymore.

• M
    Curious May 2019 British Columbia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did my registry about 3 months prior to my shower (we politely asked for cash and no gifts for the wedding), but I wish I had started sooner. I struggled with my registry, as we lived together for years, and have bought a condo and then a house last summer (getting married in May), so we don't really need anything. I suggest you start your registry whenever you can, and then add to it whenever you have a lull.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm doing a registry for my bridal shower but not the wedding and I wish we started it sooner. I found it much more difficult to make that I had previously thought it would be, and in retrospect, I wish I had more time to work on it.

SO, I would say begin working on it at least 6 months out before you send your invitations.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We started ours about 6 months ahead. We were told though that some things are seasonal and so may not be available closer to the wedding date and that new things would be out. But, we wanted it for our shower, which was being held in the winter for our summer wedding.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say that your registry should be made prior to the wedding invitations being sent out so that you can include a detail card letting people know about the shower and where you are registered all in the same envelope. That can be anywhere from 6-3 months before the wedding.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would start it 4 months prior to any event that involves gifts. Example if you have your shower in September of 2021 I would do it around May.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics