Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Allen
Devoted April 2019 Ontario

Overwhelmed

Allen, on March 23, 2019 at 22:08 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 18
So I'm 4weeks exactly today and I am bombarded with things to do! I've only finished part of my centerpieces for two tables. I am beyond stressed out! I'm so nervous when the day comes that everything is done and goes well. My FH hasn't went and got his suit done and I've asked him a few times a week for 2 months. I'm finally getting somewhere with some things. I and the officiant has finalized the ceremony. I'll be shortly getting the marriage license. I'm so overwhelmed but it has hit me suddenly

18 Comments

Latest activity by Allen, on April 7, 2019 at 08:00
  • Allen
    Allen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Absolutely! I ended up kinda having fun doing the centerpieces they took a week to finish. I finalized the place cards and seating arrangements last night. I'm getting the marriage license tomorrow. I took a few deep breaths lol
  • Jenn
    Frequent user April 2019 Saskatchewan
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Do the Marie Kondo... if the centrepeices are stressing you out, then don't do them. My wedding is the same day, and we are not having any, and very few decorations of any sort. Don't let the details get you down. Really. I know how overwhelming it can get if you let it. Just focus on what you want out of the day, a husband and to celebrate your commitment (I'm guessing Smiley winking !) Nothing else matters. It doesn't complete that goal, if you try to people-please instead. I've actually spent about three straight weeks prior to this literally losing my crap over mundane things like how to place the chairs, and whether or not our youngest sons tie matches well enough... and really, who cares about those things? What do guests remember? If they had a full belly and a good visit, that's all (except for the guests who really can't ever be pleased - I'm not counting them!) Good luck! Enjoy the last two weeks of being engaged, and I hope that you are able to relax and focus on the reason that you wanted to get married. Smiley smile
  • Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Get well wishes to you and hope you are feeling better.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I hope you feel better and sure the family will be helping hands for you when you need it.

• Allen
    Allen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My wedding is in 2 weeks tomorrow. Haven't done everything I have pneumonia now Smiley sad so hopefully I am better by then
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Did the projects work out on time for your day? I know your officially married at this time and feeling that joy now as a newlywed. Your vision was everything you wanted and came to life. The overwhelming feeling get over after everything done?

• M
    Curious May 2019 British Columbia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Everything will come together! Set deadlines for things, even for those tasks that other people are doing (ie your groom getting his suit done by the end of the weekend).

I'm doing a lot myself, and getting married in 6.5 weeks, so I find the deadlines are helpful. I have also allowed a lot of buffer room, to try to limit my stress levels.

• Meghan
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ah that is so great he sort out his suit! And is sounds like you have made centerpiece progress Smiley laugh

How are you feeling now??

• Allen
    Allen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes! This past weekend he is completely done with the suit!!! Tomorrow should be marriage license. I am almost done the centerpieces. And I am packing up wedding decorations properly and organized. 17.5 days 😱😱
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your centerpieces look good! I'd say the best way to get things done is to just break up the work and set yourself small goals on a daily basis. Has your FH gotten his suit yet? Everything is going to come together and look wonderful, so try not to stress too much!

• Allen
    Allen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is my centerpieces

Overwhelmed 1
  • Alie
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Alie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Quick and easy centerpieces can be make with dollar store items... Mirror, jar, decorative gems and a floating candle or floating flower... Mirror lays flat and you put water in jar put that on the mirror. Put flower or candle in jar and you can put the decorative stones on the mirror or in the water
  • Jenn
    Frequent user April 2019 Saskatchewan
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I understand completely! My FH assures me that he will deal with his suit (slightly hemmed) in the next week or so, finish the ceremony music troubleshooting, and that he will set up the meetings with the pastor in the next two weeks. These are versions of the exact same three jobs that he's had since we started planning in November! Except now we have only have 26 days left!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m so sorry you’re feeling all this stress! Despite what it may seem, wedding planning isn’t supposed to be overwhelming!
    I do like the list idea. And, this is what I would add. From that list, decide what’s necessary and what you can do without. Think back to weddings you’ve been to. What do you remember about them? That will help determine what’s necessary or not. Marriage licence and grooms suit/tux: essential. Centrepieces? Optional. Honestly, they look nice, but you’ll still be married without them. I have maybe two pictures of my centrepieces. No one remembers what the tables look like! They will remember a groom in jeans.
    As for getting your fiancé to get his suit,, I had this problem as well! We made a date out of it. He could choose what we did for that day, as long as going to the store to order his tux was part of that. He chose where we are and what movie we went to see. I also had to (try!) to play this video game he enjoys. It wasn’t my idea of a fun time (I have played maybe 20 minutes of video games in my life!) but it helped him to get his tux ordered.
  • Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway
    Cliodhna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh Allen, I’m glad you shared this with us so we can support you, it sounds like you deserve a big internet hug. I’m sorry to hear you’re stressed.

Candace had some great advice! Make a list of EVERYTHING you have left to do. Split it up based on priority and break it down into manageable chunks. Ask your friends and family for some support! You would be amazed at how many people are willing to help if we just ask.

Have you spoken with your FH? Once he understands the amount of stress you’re under he may become more motivated to get involved. It’s both of your wedding day, he needs to share the workload.

You got this Smiley heart

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just take a breath. 4 weeks is still a fair amount of time. Start with the tasks that are most important to you, if you can't rally the troops to help you then it will be very important to try and manage your time the best you can. Is there a way to make your centerpieces a little more simple so that they do not take as much time to complete? Get your fiance to help out with things as much as he can as well, it is both of you getting married and it is not fair for you to be shouldering all the stress, even if he helps by getting his suit (which some places can take 2-4 weeks to get a suit in, especially if he is getting a custom suit done or if he will need alterations). Try to keep calm and just work on everything when you can.

• Allen
    Allen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    None of my bridesmaids have done anything. Most of my family isn't coming. It's just depressing
  • Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ok you got this!! Do you have any bridesmaids that you can enlist to help make the centrepieces? What about your family or his family? I know giving up control is very hard but can you delegate any jobs to anyone. Also know that only you will know what small detail didn't go as planned, your guests will see the whole picture and it will be beautiful.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics