Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Candace
VIP May 2019 Ontario

Bridesmaids Dresses

Candace, on March 25, 2019 at 18:16 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 31

How did you decide on your bridesmaids dresses? Did you get all the girls together to go shopping or did they go on their own?

Are they all wearing matching dresses?

Post some inspiration pics below!

31 Comments

Latest activity by Deziray, on April 20, 2019 at 12:52
  • Deziray
    Curious August 2019 Ontario
    Deziray ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing the infinity dresses. I mentioned them to my girls as an easy and affordable option and they all loved it. They are all the same colour but hey have the freedom to wear them however they like.
  • Rebecca
    Beginner October 2020 Ontario
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm having my maid of honor come with me to looks at bridesmaids dress. We will pick a top 3 and then have all the girls come to try on the styles and pick the most flattering on all. I had a friend who did this and it worked out well! Also not apposed to them wearing different styles, as long as they are all the same colour/long
  • Jo-Ann
    Curious July 2020 Nova Scotia
    Jo-Ann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My bridesmaids will pick themselves with okay from me. They are my teenage daughters and I want them to love what they are wearing. We have a theme and general style in mind but they get to pick what colour within the pastel range for summer wedding
  • Donna Yeung
    Devoted August 2018 British Columbia
    Donna Yeung ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Candace,

After much contemplation, I decided to pick my bridesmaids dresses for them as I had a specific vision and I was paying for all the dresses. I picked out matching dresses from LULUS and had them send me their measurements so I could order them online. Turned out exactly how I wanted it to look. I think if you are to allow mismatched dresses, try to have everyone do the same length.

DressesBridesmaids Dresses 1

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Good luck! I hope you all find the dress easily Smiley smile
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m going bridesmaid dress shopping next week and I’ve got most of my bridesmaids going. It’ll be exciting!
  • Brittany
    Devoted August 2019 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks ! They just came in. I am super excited for all the girls to try them on. Smiley smile

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Those are such cute dresses!

• Brittany
    Devoted August 2019 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We ordered online. I gave my girls general guidelines. (Colour, cut, length, material, and no sleeves ). The only one I allowed to vary was my moh cause I’m okay if she stands out, plus she’s got a lot to hold in up top. I had them all send me their top 2/3 choices. (I wanted to make sure if we were going different people didn’t pick the same dress, or if everyone picked the same one in their top three we would go with that one). They all chose different but I think they will go well together.

My maid of honour is the one with the bow, double layered skirt and sleeves.
    The silver is for our grooms woman. Wanted a similar style dress, but the colour to match the men’s suits.

Bridesmaids Dresses 2

Bridesmaids Dresses 3

Bridesmaids Dresses 4

Bridesmaids Dresses 5

Bridesmaids Dresses 6
  • Lydia
    Devoted June 2019 British Columbia
    Lydia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is a stunning dress! And it can totally be worn outside a wedding setting. Glad you were able to figure it out even though you had some roadblocks to overcome.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh no, rogue MOH cause all kind of problems. Hopefully it still looks alright with your dress and isn't awful.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Every wedding I’ve been to has bridal party drama and I just didn't want to deal with that.

my social circle is super small so that helps too!
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is exactly how everyone wants it to work out I think, lucky you! It makes it all so much easier when the bridal party can all agree so easily and quickly

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Alternating colours, 2 will be in blue, the other 2 in purple.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is such a lovely colour dress, and it looks so comfy. You really did luck out only having one person in your bridal party!

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sounds like you have it all nailed down, it's wonderful when it all works out so easily Smiley smile

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This colour scheme is really picking up in popularity, easy to see why! Are you having them alternating colours or do they all get to pick between the two colours?

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is a beautiful dress! So glad to hear that it all worked out and that your sister can try on the dress out there Smiley smile

• M
    Curious May 2019 British Columbia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did online browsing for ideas, and then I sent the photo of the dress I like to the women. Everyone actually agreed, and I bought them. I did want my bridesmaid dresses matching, and the women (I have a Man of Honour) are close enough in size that the same style works. I gave everyone their dresses when we went shoe shopping (everyone loved the first shoes we saw). It's not all rainbows over here though - my groomswoman has recently advised she's pregnant (will be 7 months at the wedding), so her and I will be shopping together (we had previously agreed she would be in the same dress but her dress colour matches the groomsmen's suits, but now we're just hoping for a dress that fits, as the wedding is less than 2 months out).

• Lydia
    Devoted June 2019 British Columbia
    Lydia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I looked online for everything as my girls live in different countries (one here, one in the Netherlands and my MOH in the UK). My MOH and I looked at tons together but we kept on being unlucky and the dresses we picked got pulled out of production and stores we picked closed down etc
    We recently found one we liked at Lulus. Actually, my FH and I found three and then my MOH and I talked it over. I asked the other two bridesmaids what they thought and everyone liked them so I immediately bought them in order to not run into the same problem again. They are all wearing the same dress. We are paying for their dresses though, but they all said they liked them and would actually like to wear them more often outside of the wedding

Bridesmaids Dresses 7
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I looked online to get a sense of what I liked. Nothing is worse as a bridesmaid going shopping with a bride who doesn't have a clue what shes looking for lol.

It just kinda happened that I found a dress on Lulus that was really beautiful, and the colour was stunning, so I emailed the girls and asked if they were game to just go ahead with that dress, which they were.

I did give them the option to look around for a different style in the same colour if they preferred, but they all chose the one I liked, so they'll be matching.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I honestly shopped around online first by myself as I wanted to try and find a place that was easiest for all my girls to shop from! I ended up not wanting to do online as I worried about sizes and fit.

Davids Bridal ended up winning for me mainly because they had the exact colour I wanted and many options! I went to my girls with about 4 options I really liked and they were all good with the one (my MOH picked a different) and that's how it was decided!

• Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

None of my bridesmaids could make it to the appointment I booked (My engagement is only 7 months so I wasn't able to find a date that everyone could attend) but that was ok. I chose the Two Birds bridesmaids dresses...you can style them 15 different ways, so they can wear them however they like- Plus they only come in two sizes (A or B) which really helped since they weren't there to get measured. This is the dress, except I chose burgundy

Bridesmaids Dresses 8

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not having bridesmaids, just a maid of honour. We went shopping together a few times and agreed on a colour and silhouette... and then she went shopping one day without me and bought a dress that was not at all close to what we had discussed, without sending me pics to get my opinion Smiley amazing

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I made few apts as didn't always work for people's schedules. The store I went to had three designers. I choose a designer and then said it had to come in my color, length long. no high low, little amount of cleavage, no strapless, and had to follow the ruffle look was going for. I picked a bunch of dresses with diff price ranges to show them what I meant and they could pick from there.

• Monica
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Monica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We went to the store together and I let them choose whatever style they wanted, just a bridal party of 2. Somehow it worked out that they both chose a dress with lace and tulle and in the same colour. It was stress free and took less than an hour!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had it pretty easy since my sister is my entire bridal party! We went together and I already knew the colour I had in mind.

we looked at dresses in the colour I wanted and picked our favourite! It probably was an hour process.

the dress is pictured below in the exact colour but without the straps/sleeves. I love it!!

Bridesmaids Dresses 9
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Right now we have 4/5 done! I have gone with all of them so far but they went individually to work with their schedules and the store's availability.

All I asked was that they order floor length, same colour, little to no boobage, and my Sister/MOH is the only one who can wear lace/ruffles/sequins or a belt to make her stand out.

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My bridal party is all over the place, so definitely not able to go in to a store at the same time.

I'm still debating colours, I have a discussion asking for the community's input on a blue shade here: Bridesmaid Swatches are in! Now, what blue should I use?

Based on answers there, I'm likely going with a Spa turquoise and a Regency purple colour, inspiration pic below. I'm also thinking of using Azazie, I've heard great things about the company and that way my bridal party can order online and get dresses shipped to them! Other than the colours, and I want them in long, chiffon dresses, they can choose what dress they get.

Bridesmaids Dresses 10

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had a little bit of difficulty. My MOH (Sister) lives in Australia, and my 3 Bridesmaids (Soon to be sister in laws) all live here. First I had to decide if I wanted them all the same, all different, or my sister different and the bridesmaids the same. Thankfully my dress is Stella York, and my sister was there when I bought it. The lady that helped me find a dress mentioned that Sorella Vita is the sister company and they are Australian. So after a quick search, there is a bridal shop not far from her that she can go try on a dress, and then give me the style and size, and I can order it here for her with the other ladies. Enough with the long background lol. The ladies are wearing burgundy dresses, and my only request are that they are long, and all the same fabric. Ultimately I am leaving it up to them if they all want to match, or be different.

Sorella Vita BMBridesmaids Dresses 11

This is the dress that I fell in love with when I bought my dress. They had it in burgundy and it looked amazing! I sent this one to my sister letting her know that it was my favourite.
    I can see her wearing this one and then the rest of the bridesmaids just wearing chiffon. This way she stands out a little bit!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics