Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Donna
Devoted July 2019 Ontario

How many times have you changed your seating chart?

Donna, on March 24, 2019 at 20:27 Posted in Wedding reception 0 16

Is it just me or what!!!! How many times have you all written out your Table arrangements Who's sitting where, no that's can't work, back to Square One. I have written mine out too many times. Still the same amount of guests.

16 Comments

Latest activity by Candace, on March 26, 2019 at 14:13
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are on draft #3 at the moment but we are quite content with it. We thought we had it at #2 but then my mom said that she didn't want to sit with my grandma (my parents are divorced and it's my dad's mom) so we switched it around a bit to accommodate that

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have had friends run into this so much! at some point you need to not tell people how you are doing the chart so that way no comments and day of its to late for their input. I would only show close family this way if they see any conflict they can mention it.

• Donna
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I just told an old friend we grew up today. I mentioned that her 19 year old daughter won't be sitting with her, wow, she said don't think she'll come then. Like why should Trinity even sit beside her mom, she's bossy like has her daughter on a leash. Trinity is going to sit with people her own age. I really have a feeling that she may not come either, and that's going to be fine with me.

• Jenn
    Frequent user April 2019 Saskatchewan
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Me too! Well, 26 days! Last night, my brother called to say that his family will be able to come after all (from a few provinces away). So... back on the list it goes!
  • Jenn
    Frequent user April 2019 Saskatchewan
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh my gawd! I have done this like 80 friggin times! Seriously! This may very well be the most difficult aspect of wedding planning for me! I'm done it now, but I'm sure something will change in the next week or so!
  • M
    Curious May 2019 British Columbia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It sounds like I'm the only one, but I did mine twice. I did a draft when invitations were sent out, and then finalized placement once we had our RSVP's in (we're only assigning tables, not the seats). I wanted to get a head start because I thought it was going to be nuts (my FH's parents are split, and both remarried, so obviously there are a few people that can't be near each other). I went with groups - my family, his family, my friends, his friends. It really came together quicker than I thought. Maybe just go into one night with a clear head, and just pound it out. Also, once you've done it, don't keep looking at it! You'll always want to tweak things.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I lucked out and got most of mine done in a night. I used the seating chart tool available from wedding wire. It does require you to enter the names of all your guests. But, once that’s done, you can drag your guests to a table. I also found it helpful to name my tables (my family, husbands family, mutual friends, my coworkers, his coworkers etc). You can choose the shape and size of each table and a general idea of where they’ll go in the room.
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have a rough draft that I've edited a few times but won't actually complete it till we get all the RSVPs back. I'll probably end up editing it a few more times too, I'm a perfectionist so I'll probably be changing it up till the wedding day lol
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Haven't started yet - heck we don't even have a guest list yet! But I'm looking forward to having my DOC help me out with that!

• Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

SO many times! We are putting which table everyone will be at, but they can choose where they sit at that table...figuring out who is at which table is stressful enough lol

• Toni Rose
    Frequent user October 2023 Ontario
    Toni Rose ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I heard seating can get stressful so I'm omitting it. Guests can sit wherever they like. I'll probably just reserve a few seats near the Couples Table for family and bridal party.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I haven't started the seating chart yet, but I imagine I will be changing it a lot and losing sleep over it lol

#notexcitedtostarttheseatingchart

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have done it so many times it’s ridiculous. I just finalized it this weekend. We are getting married in 30 days lol
  • Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway
    Cliodhna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Donna!

It's definitely not just you! Seating charts can be super time-consuming!

Have you checked out the WeddingWire seating chart tool? I'm kinda obsessed with it, it's so cool!

You can set up the chart like your venue and visually mimic the layout, add the DJ, tables sizes etc, and input all your guests. If you used the WeddingWire guest list, you can sync directly!

You can change guests around as many time as you like, and when it's finalized, simply print it out. It may help save you some time on this task!

How many guests are you having at the wedding?

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Luckily we haven't started yet, but I know this is going to take us forever to figure out. We have a rough idea tho so fingers are crossed it goes well!

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Too many to keep track, HA! Smiley laugh

We haven't even sent our invitations yet, so there's no way for me to finalize anything but I've done it out of curiosity. Holy crap, it's been SO tough.

Our venue has long rectangular tables, so our family and friends will definitely blend...and there's more room to potentially insult family members if they think they're sitting too far from my parents (for example!).

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics